Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Closing out 2009...

With the Christmas season behind us Mom decided it was time to box up all of our holiday decorations. When the house was completed we moved to the bedrooms where she boxed up our Christmas attire. Before she could put away Macie's Christmas dress (the same one I wore for my first Christmas) she insisted upon taking some pictures. She began with Macie...




When I saw how much fun they were having I was adamant that I put it on and take some pictures as well. Surprise, surprise I was still able to fit into it...



Our household has been full of laughter as Macie can't seem to stay quiet. She has a really silly laugh, and if you listen closely you will hear her signature snort...





We are all hoping that snorting is a phase and that she will grow out of it (keep your fingers crossed)...



My empty house is a constant reminder that my family really has gone back home. I miss all of my house guests a lot and in their absence have had to satisfy my need for companionship with phone conversations. Grandma Judy has been telling me all about the warm weather in SD and how much fun she is having at the beach. I guess hearing it made me miss the water, so I kept asking Mom if we could go swimming. Since it is the middle of winter, and we are in Ohio, Mom was a little confused on how to fulfill my request.


Once I saw the steam pour out of mom's ears I knew that she must be in deep thought. After about 10 minutes she came up with a plan! She came downstairs with my swimsuit and told me to get dressed and get ready to go to the pool. I was so excited I could barley focus on putting on my suit.



When I was dressed she picked me up and took me up the stairs, I was a little confused until we made it to the bathroom. She had filled the tub up with water, and exclaimed: "here we are"...

It wasn't the beach, probably not even a close second, but it was better than nothing.




I had lots of fun swimming and am finally comfortable placing my face in the water. I am also getting pretty good at my strokes.



Aunt Hayley took Mom's Durango to Canada to visit John a few days after Christmas, so we were without a vehicle for about a week. It was a little tough being stuck indoors, and by the second day we started to get cabin fever. We tried to make the best of it and played in snow. The temperature has been in the teens so we were really cold, but the chill in the air was tolerable once I was bundled up in my snow gear.




I played in my house where I pretended to be warming up by a fire, but




the best way for me to stay warm was to jump on the trampoline. After Mom swept the snow off I practiced some of my moves. Check out the "biggest jump you have ever seen"...




On days when Dad was home we would play in the yard on my sled. I loved being pulled around the yard as Jax chased me.




Speaking of Jax, the two of us have been doing a lot of bonding since Mom is forced to let him in the house due to the cold weather. He keeps me company in my room while we read stories together.



Just when we were starting to get claustrophobic at home Mom's Christmas present arrived!!!I was so excited to have a new car, and couldn't wait to take the Tahoe for a spin.






I insisted upon sitting in the driver's seat so that I could drive around the block and test out my new ride.





After a quick hot lap Mom put my car seat in my new captain's chair and showed me the tricked out features that Dad bought for me.


Can you believe I have a TV in my car??? Dad laughs that with the Bose sound system it is almost as good as being in the theater. Next time Mom can't find Dad and me she will have a pretty good idea where we are and what we are doing...



Now that we are mobile once again we can resume the fun!


New Year's Eve came without much anticipation from the family this year, and only one of us managed to stay up to ring in the new year. In the morning Macie and I spent some time rocking out together as I am working on teaching her how to play the drums.





It's a new year and the Frankwick girls are ready for the upcoming fun! Mom and Dad promise that this new year will be full of new experiences, and exciting surprises.