Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Indoor Fun????

Though we had a new ride Mom still wasn't too keen on venturing out of the house in the wet and cold weather. The roads were messy and dangerous, and since her new car doesn't have 4 wheel drive was scared to go down the block. We all thought Mom was being a little dramatic and teased her about it relentlessly. I even went around the house singing a song that Uncle Shawn wrote in her honor:
In case you didn't catch the lyrics I took the liberty of writing them down for you so that you could understand the magnitude of humor found within...
"Mommy got a truck,
it's not 4 wheel drive,
it's not the right color (she wanted black),
how will she survive?"
After a couple days of containment indoors Mom was forced to venture out and face the elements. We decided to go to McDonald's for some play place fun (it is only one mile away). Macie didn't seem to mind the cold, and actually enjoyed being bundled in my new hat.

At the play place I played peek a boo with Mom and had so much fun I couldn't stop smiling.

A couple days later Aunt Hayley and John came back from Canada. I was excited to have some new faces in the house and shadowed them incessantly.

Macie enjoyed having some new faces around as well. Listen as she tells you all about it...

The weather didn't improve over the course of the week. The temperature reached a frosty 5 degrees, so Mom was not inclined to take the troops out of the house. We were all bored and had a little too much time on our hands, so Mom and I played around with my Christmas present from Grandma Joanie. Here are some of the masterpieces we created with my camera:

Hayley and John:




Macie and Dad:



Me and Mommy:

And the silliest one of them all, LOTS of MOMMIES:

I am glad that Mom doesn't mind me laughing at her expense!

John and Aunt Hayley didn't stay in Ohio for long. Before we knew it they were on a plane to Arizona and the house was lonely once again. I occupied my time by playing dress up, and helped Mom with Macie. Here I am helping her say her prayers before bedtime:

As you can see, she thoroughly enjoys my company.

Because I have proven to be such a great big sister Mom allows the two of us to play together while she is in the kitchen cooking. Sometimes she regrets that decision...

Watch as Mom and Dad catch me trying to change Macie's diaper on my own (they must not have been too angry considering they grabbed the video camera before stopping me.)

That weekend Dad and Mom FINALLY Chopped up the debris pile in the front yard. While doing so Mom insisted that Dad use his man skills and build us a fire. Dad had been cautious about the fire place because, like many things in the house, he was worried it wouldn't function correctly. After careful inspection he deemed it fire worthy and went to work. Before we knew it there was a blazing fire. Mom was so excited that we had to celebrate by roasting some marshmallows and eating them. Leave it to Mom to find an excuse to eat treats!

The weekend flew by, and before long it was January 12th- my HALF BIRTHDAY!!! Can you believe I am already 2 and a half?!?!?

The day began with a birthday breakfast celebration! While I sat on my throne Mom prepared my feast!

When it was complete she lit a candle and put it into the pancakes so we could sing the birthday song. Can you believe I am old enough and strong enough to blow out my own candles??

When the song was done she put back my hair and I quickly gobbled up my food. I couldn't wait to finish breakfast and start my day of birthday fun!


Check back soon to find out all the exciting details...