Sunday, November 29, 2009

And They'll Feast, and They'll Feast, and They'll Feast, Feast, Feast, Feast!

So Thanksgiving has come and gone, and my original assertion was right: All you do on Thanksgiving is EAT, EAT, EAT! I guess I can't complain since I LOVE to eat, but it seems silly to have a holiday based upon eating. Mom tried to explain the meaning of Thanksgiving, and what it means to be thankful, but I am still having a hard time understanding that one...

The night before Thanksgiving Mom, Macie, and I did some last minute grocery shopping to pick up fresh produce. While shopping we found the coolest thing ever...

A brussel sprout tree!!! Who knew they grew like that??? It was so peculiar, yet also fascinating- we just HAD to buy one!!! The produce tag said that it could be used not only as a side dish for our feast, but as part of our Thanksgiving center piece. Weird, I know. Good thing none of us could imagine looking at them and not eating them.




Right before the holidays Mom received a package from Grandma Judy with matching aprons for the 3 Frankwick girls. They are perfect for the holidays and we all got to wear them so that we wouldn't get our outfits dirty while cooking and cleaning.


Thanks to the apron I got to be a big girl helper in the kitchen this year, and even helped prepare the turkey.


After the turkey was in the oven I helped out with the dishes!!!





















We had to wait for HOURS before the feast was finally ready and Mom made sure that all of us were starving before we sat down.




After prayers, the family all said one thing (among many) that they were thankful for, and we dug in (listen closely to the video below to hear what I was thankful for).


I was a little more adventurous when it came to the cuisine and tried some different things this year. The mash and turkey were obvious choices, and I did sample a little stuffing, but the overall winner was the jello! I even enjoyed it more than the pie, and I REALLY enjoyed the pie!!!


We all ate so much that the whole family slothed around the house for the rest of the afternoon. Later that night Dad and Macie were watching football in the man cave and Mom and I went down to tell them I was going to bed. It took us a good while to figure out where Dad was hiding Macie...



The morning after Thanksgiving the whole family slept in a little longer than normal, mostly because we were still recovering from our food comas, but also because Mom, Macie, and I were all coming down with a cold. After helping me out of bed Mom sleepily opened my bedroom curtains to let in the morning light when a surprised shriek caught my attention, "its snowing", she said. Boy was I excited! This was our first snow of the season, and I couldn't wait to get out and go skiing in it. By the time Mom fed us all breakfast and then got everyone dressed the sun had come up and melted most of the snow off of the ground. I still insisted on going out to survey the yard since I was already bundled up from head to toe.


I was excited to find that there was still some snow on top of my playhouse, so Mom made a couple snowballs which I happily threw at Jackson.



When we had used up all the available snow I went exploring for some more fun. After coming to terms with the fact that there wasn't enough snow let to go skiing I settled for jumping on the trampoline. My lack of enthusiasum was short lived as I discovered that jumping on a wet trampoline can be lots of fun- the water jumps with you!


Later that night Mom dressed me in my fall tutu and the family went to Open Gym!!! As you can see I was really excited to go play!





I had lots of fun doing all my stunts, and ended each one with a "ta da"



Now that Macie is awake more often she gets to watch me run around and put on a show. I bet she is sure envious of all the neat things I get to do.



After I went to bed that night Mom and Dad gave Macie a bath and couldn't believe how big she has gotten. Before too long she will be growing out of her bathtub.




Macie celebrated her 3 month birthday this week, and it looks as if she has doubled in size since month 2!



The majority of our holiday weekend was spent indoors recovering from an illness that took out the Frankwick girls. Mom, Macie, and I all had problems with stuffy noses. I rubbed mine SO much that it was raw, and poor Macie had such a hard time breathing that she snorted like a pig. Some how Dad made us girls feel better!




Obviously I don't let a little cold keep me from hammin' it up...



Even snooty, drooly (we think she is teething) Macie enjoyed my antics...



By Sunday night we were all feeling a little better thanks to a few days of down time. Macie and Dad closed out the weekend by putting on a show of their own. I couldn't decided which video I liked better, so I thought you could enjoy both!!!

Video One:



Video Two:





Christmas will be hear in no time, as will lots of family and friends!!!! It will be the first Christmas that we spend with baby sister and I am so excited I can hardly contain myself...