Sunday, November 15, 2009

The only BIG thing this week is Macie...

I still haven't gotten into the holiday spirit. I don't know what it is about Thanksgiving, but I'm just not excited. I guess the public isn't too excited either- everywhere we go there are signs of Christmas- Thanksgiving must be the black sheep of the holiday family. Mom promises that there will be lots of Thanksgiving fun at home next week. This will be the first year that Mom and Dad have had a Thanksgiving at their own home and Mom is looking forward to cooking ALL of Dad's holiday favorites!

While Mom was busy doing laundry this past week I occupied myself by rummaging through clothing laid out on Macie's bed. One of her skirts was SO pretty that I just HAD to try it on. Mom came in the room to check on me just as I was pulling it over my knees. She laughed really hard, and told me that there was NO way that an infant's skirt (sized 0-3 months) would ever fit me- boy did I prove her wrong. To tell you the truth I think I look pretty good.




Mom couldn't believe that I was wearing Macie's clothing and had to double check the label to make sure. After she got confirmation on the size she didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

She decided to dress Macie up in the matching top and have us take some pictures:



Macie wasn't too happy that I was wearing her clothes, but thankfully she is too little to do anything about it yet (we will save those arguments for our teen years)!!!



Some friends of mine came over this week to visit me and meet my new little sister. I hadn't seen Ms. Walaa, Jumana, or Jenna since Mom was pregnant and had LOTS of fun showing them around my house. As they were leaving they handed me presents they had brought over. It was such an unexpected surprise to get some gifts (we are lucky to have such great friends)! Macie and I got adorable matching dresses and I got my very own computer! The computer is amazing; it talks and plays all sorts of games. Now I can sit at the table with the adults and "do my work"!



Mom decided to break out the Johnny Jumper this week to see if Macie would enjoy it as much as I used to. She tolerated it for a few minutes, but is still to small to appreciate its full potential.

In her defense she is only a couple months old- I didn't truly enjoy it until about 5 months, so it may take her a while.


She may not see what is so special about the Johnny Jumper, but I have lots of experience and know how many hours of fun can be had inside it. These fond memories have lured me to attempt to sneak into it. Since it was placed in the door frame I have tried many times to get inside, and have been unsuccessful. Mom assures me that I am far to big to fit and might break it if I were to get in (funny, I am small enough to wear Macie clothes, but not small enough to fit in her gear- how's that for logic???)

Macie's lack of excitement (and my never ending desire to get inside it) made Mom take it down, but I decided to put Moms theory about me being too big for Macie's gear to the test. While she was changing Macie's diaper in the living room I jumped into her swing. Mom came around the corner, and after laughing for a while at the naked kid in the baby swing made me get out so that I wouldn't break it. For the record- I fit quite well.


I only think its fair that Macie shares her swing considering it was mine a short time ago. She should be glad that I share all my old stuff with her, I mean not only does she get the toys and gear, but she gets my old clothes.

Macie must be getting really BIG because she is starting to wear some of the clothes I wore when I was about 6mo old. In my defense, they are a little big on her...


In case you haven't been paying attention to my consistent attire, I am still obsessed with being a princess and wear dresses everywhere we go! Everyone at the grocery store and Costco (the only two places we regularly go) know me as "the girl that is always dressed like a princess". Some workers even call me by name. At Kroger, our grocery store, I have made lots of friends. The flower lady always gives me treats, and the meat guy gives me stickers. On this particular day I got a London Broil sticker. Mom thought it was funny that I was walking around with a sticker on my arm that read "thick and juicy."

Mom and Dad said that the description pretty much sums me up...




After our outing to the grocery store Mom wanted to see just how big Macie was getting. She started by taking pictures to document our size. Using the pictures for compassion, she found evidence to support her original statement that Macie is going to outgrow me before she is one.

Right now I am about 25lbs and 34 inches and Macie is about 12lbs and 23 inches- you do the math...


Macie is HUGE- it must be those 6oz bottles she has been consuming since she was 6weeks old. I didn't drink 6oz until I was at least 6 months old. I guess the large bottles contribute to her sleeping through the night (from 11pm to 7:30am consistently), when it took me about 8 months or so to sleep all the way till morning.


Regardless of size, I will always be her BIG sister!


Our sister photo shoot was fun, but as you know I had to get in some shots of just me. I insisted that Mom takes some pictures in front of my favorite window.



The highlight of my week was receiving the package that Grandma Joanie sent to Macie and me. Inside it were presents, and boy did I hit the jackpot- I got a Cinderella doll with a horse and carriage, and best of all, another princess outfit!!!!!!!!! This one came decked out with shoes, jewelry, gloves, a purse, and even a crown!!!


Grandma Joanie is the best!!! I don't know how I got such a great family!


These days when I go outside I have to wear a coat. Most of the time I just throw one over a princess dress and am ready to face the elements. Since there hasn't been any precipitation lately I am still able to do all my favorite outdoor activities; jumping on the trampoline, swinging on the swings, gardening in the yard, and playing with my buddy Jax.

Here I am doing some gardening,



and here I am trying to take Jax for a walk.


He's not that much fun to walk, but he sure is fun to play with.



Our family was ecstatic when we discovered that the Zoo stays open through the winter. Some of the outdoor exhibits shut down for the winter, but most of the Zoo is still open. We took a trip this weekend and got to explore the indoor exhibits in greater detail than we normally would (I am usually in a big hurry, as there are many things I need to see each trip).


This trip I got to play in the caves by the penguin exhibit and loved yelling out loud and hearing my voice echo.



In "my house" Dad and I discovered a slide that we never knew existed. Most of our time was spent fooling around on the slide.


We all had lots of fun- even Macie had a good time at the Zoo this visit. She was awake for most of the trip, but really reacted to the bright colored fish at the aquarium. She stared and smiled as they swam back and forth.



With more time indoors I am getting really good at spelling and can read 10 words. Here are a couple videos of Mom and I playing "school." It was hard to fit them all into a 40 second video segment, but we did our best...

Here I am spelling Dog, Cow, and Stop...

and in this video I spell Daddy, Riley, Pig, Cat, and No!

While Mom and I are in school Macie watches with admiration! Check out what a happy baby she is...

Mom promises that there is going to be lots of Thanksgiving fun this coming week. I am curious, as I am sure are you, what she has in store...