Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oliver Dangley Gangles!!!!!!!!!!!

Just when things were starting to get boring Uncle Shawn showed up!!!

The first morning he was here we went to the donut shop and got breakfast. Not only did I get to eat with Uncle Shawn, but I got to eat my very first donut!!! It was SO yummy that I practically inhaled it without breathing. Mom told me that I had to slow down if I wanted a second one.

After breakfast Uncle Shawn and I spent some time catching up with each other. I gave him a years worth of hugs and kisses...


Macie didn't know what to make of Uncle Shawn. It was the first time they had met, and they stared at one another for a while getting acquainted.


It didn't take long for her to become one of his biggest fans.



Check out the way she smiles at him!


I have to admit that I did get a little jealous of all the attention he was giving Macie, so I showed him that I can smile too!


It was a beautiful Fall day, so that afternoon the family went to the park to play Frisbee Disc.


Dad and Uncle Shawn taught me the rules of the game, and helped me practice tossing my disc in the basket.

Soon I was playing like a pro...



We played an 18 hole course, and Mom was very proud of me for keeping up with the guys! To keep me interested along the walk Uncle Shawn and Dad took turns occupying my time.

Here I am bouncing on Uncle Shawn's shoulders.


. We found all sorts of neat things in the forest surrounding the course- Here Uncle Shawn is posing with a wild mushroom, Mom says he looked like Luigi from Super Mario Brothers.


Back at home that night I showed Uncle Shawn ALL of my toys, and insisted that he play with me. His favorite toy of mine (besides my Napoleon Dynamite figurine) was my school bus. The first time I came around the corner to pick him up he was speechless. He had never seen such a cool toy (thanks Kristin and Stu!)



The next morning over breakfast we talked about the fun things we would like to do while Uncle Shawn was in town. Dad looked for some attractions online and found an amusement park in Cincinnati. It was unanimous- the WHOLE family wanted to go!!! We decided we would go the following day, but discovered that the park was only open on the weekends. Feeling disappointed and about to admit defeat, we looked at the clock which read 10am and decided that if we hurried and got in the car we could make it there in time to spend the whole afternoon playing.

We were in the car a half an hour later and on our way! The drive took a little over an hour and soon we were in the parking lot. Mom was really impressed with me because I made it the whole drive without going pee!!!


Kings Island was even cooler than I had imagined!!!


The majority of us were excited, but Macie didn't seem too impressed.


When Mom woke her up to check out the view she gave us the hairy eyeball and went back to sleep.

After a couple "big kid" rides the family went to my side of the park. Our first stop was the carousel and, of course, Dad and I just HAD to take a ride.

All the excitement made me hungry so we stopped for a snack and I got to eat a giant pretzel!


While Uncle Shawn and Dad were riding a really big roller coaster Mom and I danced to the music on the sidewalk. As people passed by I would wave and greet them. One woman was so enthralled by my dance moves that she stopped to watch my show. After my number was done, she thanked me for the entertainment and gave me a stuffed animal to show her gratitude. I could not believe my luck! The frog became my new buddy and I spent lots of time playing with him (Mom was VERY grateful that I had something to focus on while we were waiting!)



When their ride was over it was Mom's turn, so Dad took Macie and I to wait in line for the Dora ride. He was quite a trooper...

After a half an hour wait it was finally our turn! Mom was done with her ride and took Macie so that Dad and I could ride the helicopter all by ourselves. It was a TON of fun!
The family ALL (including Macie) went on the Scooby Doo Ride later that afternoon. We all sat in the mystery machine and shot at ghosts and ghouls. We got points for hitting the bulls eyes, and Dad came out on top (Uncle Shawn is supposed to be the hunter in the family- I guess he needs some target practice).
We stayed at Kings Island until they closed the park down at 7pm. I was exhausted and had to be carried...
Back at home Uncle Shawn snuggled up with Macie to watch a movie. I was asleep in bed, but Mom tells me that Uncle Shawn sure had the magic touch with Macie.
The next day was another beautiful one, so we spent it outside. Dad took the day off of work, but before the boys went back to the Frisbee Disc Course we played in the back yard with Jackson. He had sure missed Uncle Shawn and was really glad to have him back.
That afternoon we went to the bowling alley for some good Frankwick Family Fun! I was so excited that I was finally big enough to join in on the fun. Dad helped me roll the ball down the lane. I couldn't seem to "get" the gist of the game, and tried to chase the ball down the lane many times.

The next day Dad had to go back to work, so Mom, Macie, and I took Uncle Shawn to the Zoo. I made sure to show him all of my favorite animals, and, of course, we took an obligatory ride on the carousel.

Going to the Zoo with Uncle Shawn was lots of fun- he is a big kid and likes to have fun just like me. Here we are riding wild boars,
and here we are posing with our African Safari Guide after we trucked our way past the Leopard, Apes, and Okapis.
On the way out we stopped to pose with the pumpkins. Here we are doing our "happy" faces,
and her were are doing my signature "hairy eyeball" face.
We spent the rest of the day at home having fun together. The next morning Dad flew to North Carolina, and after Uncle Shawn had finished packing up his stuff we hung out on the couch together and took some pictures.
Macie was wide awake and happy in Uncle Shawn's arms, so she went a little camera crazy...


After seeing Macie continuously smile at Uncle Shawn, Mom agrees that Macie's happy faces must be from more than just gas.

We brought Uncle Shawn to the airport later that morning, and I was REALLY sad to see him go. We tried to talk him into staying, but were unsuccessful. Back at home Mom, Macie, and I were really lonely. We tried to find ways to occupy our time, but really missed Dad and Uncle Shawn. Mom kept busy watching Macie play in her crib. Check out how fascinated she is with her mobile...

Bored without our buddies, and bummed that rain and cold weather were in the forecast for the upcoming weeks, we decided to start remodeling the house. Mom had been planning on painting all of the rooms, doors, baseboards, cabinets, etc., for months and finally decided it was time to begin the long project. She hopes that it will improve the look of the house, but as Uncle Shawn would say, "you can't polish a turd." Mom hopes to disprove his theory- we will see...
Check back soon for updates on Mom's remodeling, Macie's progress, and stories of my daily antics.