Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October is AWESOME!

Mom has always told me that October is her favorite month of the year. Although my reasons are different from hers, I totally agree that October is awesome. Mom likes post season baseball, scary movies, haunted houses, and chocolate; I love it because I get to dress up, go lots of fun places, trick or treat, and get LOTS of candy (even though I am only allowed to eat a little bit- somehow it mysteriously disappears...)


This October has been lots of fun, but there are some things we could live without- like the cold weather that has swept through Ohio. It has been in the 40's during the day, and even colder at night. The sun may be shinning, but it isn't to fun to play outside when you cant feel your fingers. Macie and I spent lots of time indoors playing with each other. She is fascinated by me (who can blame her???), and loves to watch as I play.







Mom has continued to work on the house, and has managed to paint most of the downstairs. I have to give her some credit, it looks a LOT better than before! Uncle Shawn may have to eat his words.

Macie and I have taken advantage of the indoor time to hang out together. After playing beauty shop the other day, Mom put us in some pretty dresses and tried to get us to pose together. She soon realized that the chance of getting the two of us to smile at the same time, while looking into the camera, was slim to none (Macie still doesn't get it.)





I, on the other hand, never turn down a chance to pose for the camera.



Macie is acting more like a big girl everyday- random people in public who stop to look at Macie comment about how alert she is for an infant. Mom agrees, and says that it feels like she is communicating with her eyes- I think the lack of sleep is finally getting to Mom.





I think that Macie has to be alert if she wants to keep up with me...






I may be a little loud and ostentatious, but Macie doesn't seem to mind...







This week we FINALLY got to go to the church pumpkin patch with my friends Caroline and Megan. I had been waiting to go for weeks! Before she set me loose, she made me stop and pose.



Soon I was off to find the perfect pumpkin.

Caroline and I looked at all the different colors, shapes, and sizes,



until I found the perfect one. It was a little heavy, but I used all my strength to pick it up.


It's a pretty great pumpkin, don't you think?


While I was busy rummaging around for a pumpkin for Daddy, Macie sat in her car seat looking perturbed (she was upset that she couldn't participate, and wanted to be warm and cozy at home.)



After I had picked out some BIG pumpkins for the front yard I found an array of baby pumpkins and insisted on getting some for Grant, Reed, and Annie (Annie is the newest addition to my family of babies.)



I knew they were going to be SUPER excited!

Despite Mom's best efforts to get a picture of Macie and I together at the pumpkin patch, she couldn't manage to keep me focused for long enough to get a good shot- I was just too distracted by all the exciting things around me.


I am sure the phrase "point taken" is the first that went through your head when you saw this- I mean, who could resist playing with a wheelbarrow???


On the way out I decided to throw her a bone, and took a quick picture with a scarecrow.



When we got home we placed all the pumpkins around the house. They totally contributed to our amazing Halloween decor. We will take some pictures of the house, and its decorations, once we carve the pumpkins the week of Halloween (something for you to look forward to!)

The weekend came, and the cold weather held strong. Dad decided to suck it up, and braved the cold to take me to the Zoo. I was SO grateful considering Mom doesn't even want to go out to the mailbox. I can't believe she is such a wuss. Rumor has it that she used to live in the snow, but I'm not buying it.

Dad and I bundled ourselves up and spent the morning together. After seeing my pals the snakes, and touring the aquarium Daddy bought me a new pet frog. Isn't he the best! I insisted that frog take a trip on the carousel.


We both had a great time!



By late morning the sun was shining, and although it was still chilly the warm sun felt good. Dad even lent me his shades so I could stroll down the sidewalk in style.




In one of my favorite new books (sent to me by Awesome Aunt Connie) a princess goes on a hike and sees all sorts of animals among the trees in the forest, so right now I am obsessed with exploring through tress and bushes to see what I can find...

One of my favorite parts of the trip was spending time in the play place with the friends. Check out my sliding skills...



I had an amazing time with my Dad, and am grateful that he faced the elements to take me to the Zoo.

When the weekend was over and Dad was back at work I was once again confined to the house due to Mom's fear of the cold outdoors. Our neighbors invited us to a Halloween party the city was throwing later on it the week, so my excitement got me through the boring and monotonous days preceding it.

Despite the warnings of temps in the low 40's, Mom kept her promise to take me to the Halloween Fall Festival in Dublin with my friends. I got to play beauty shop and even put on some lipstick before dressing in my costume.

Mom told me that I had couldn't wear my costume in the car, so I gave her my best sad face, and even forged some tears, but she held strong and made me wait.

After what felt like hours (in reality was only minutes) we arrived at the Halloween Fall Festival and I got to put on my costume. I make a pretty cute kangaroo, don't you think?

Mom didn't want to put Macie in full costume due to the weather, and the fact that she was going to be sleeping in her stroller most of the time, so she put her in her uniform (tough most people assumed she was dressed as a ballerina- jokes on them.)

There were all sorts of activities at the Festival and due to the cold Mom chose the first, and only one, indoors: Cookie decorating!!! It was so much fun to frost the cookie all by myself. I even got to put sprinkles on it. Mom laughed because I put each sprinkle on individually so that I wouldn't make a mess.

As much fun as it was to decorate, it was MUCH more fun to eat!!!

We had only done one activity and already I was having an amazing time!

Back out in the cold I decorated my own bag with stickers and stamps, and even drew some circles on it.

After a trek through the Spooky Forrest, Mom decided it was time to Trick or Treat!!!

I had lots of fun, and got all sorts of yummy candy.


After I made my way through the Trick or Treat Trail, I danced with some ghouls, and listened to some scary stories. By now it was almost dusk and Mom was frozen- she had failed to realize that most activities would be held outside and DID NOT dress for the occasion, wearing flip flops and a jacket not sufficient for 40 degree weather. She had held out as long as she could and finally wussed out. I had a hard time leaving all the excitement and kept stopping along the way, in hopes of persuading Mom to stay a little longer.

Back in our warm and cozy home we shared some candy and talked bout all the fun we had!
When the weekend came and Dad was back at home we went to Boo at the Zoo!!! Can you believe I got to dress up again!?!?! This time Mom bundled up the family accordingly and promised that we wouldn't leave early due to her inability to withstand the cold. Our first stop, as always, was to see the snakes. I was concerned about their response to my costume, but found that snakes don't discriminate. Here I am petting a Children's Python!



Our next stop was one that both Mom and Dad were eager to get to- the Kangaroos. Unfortunately it was the afternoon and cold (they like to come out in the morning, and prefer the warm weather), so the Kangaroos were off the trails, but one in particular was fascinated by me.



He continued to stare at me while I showed him how to hop!



Mom says we will come back again soon to take some more pictures with the pack.

We made our way through the Zoo stopping at our routine spots. Some exhibits had Halloween decorations, and some even had spooky music and activities. Though there were lots of great things to do and see, I had to most fun messing around with my Dad!


Night was falling, and it was almost time to go, so we took a ride on the Haunted Train. Check out Macie in her Chicken costume (an important rite of passage for a first Halloween in the Frankwick Family.)


After our ride Mom told us it was time to get going home. I was sad, but Dad and I managed to find some fun along the way.


At the entrance/exit of the Zoo there was music playing, so I strutted my stuff across the dance floor. I have never been one to turn down an opportunity to put on a show in public...

My performance went on for about 20 minutes and Mom was bummed that her camera ran out of memory because as you have seen in past videos, I am quite a good dancer.
October has been filled with lots of fun activities and Mom tells me that there is much more in store for me in the coming weeks. I can't wait!!!