Thursday, September 24, 2009

More fun with Grandma Joanie!

Boy was I excited that Grandma Joanie was here for another whole week!


I wasn't the only excited one- check out Macie's excited face (obviously we are still working on it)...

Our days have been primarily spent at home, since Macie is still getting on a schedule. This has allowed me to work on my potty training. I still haven't had to wear diapers during the day, and have had only minor accidents, most of which have been Mom's fault (not getting me to the potty on time when I ask). I have also made a break through in potty training, and am able to go number two! Every time I go Mom and Dad celebrate like they've just won the lottery. Personally, I think its funny that everyone is celebrating such a silly thing.


Most mornings during Grandma Joanie's visit we sat down at the table and ate our FAVORITE breakfast food (well, one of my favorites besides eggs), peanut butter and bananas.


Macie even joined us at the breakfast table, but wasn't very exciting company.


The weather in Ohio has been very pleasant, but Fall is definitely here. There is a chill in the air, and leaves are starting to fall everywhere. Mom hates the mess, and tries to stay on top of raking, but gets frustrated because 10 minutes after shes done it looks as if she never did anything at all. Grandma Joanie must have brought the sun with her because it has been beautiful, and hasn't rained for a while. Thanks to Grandma Joanie I have been able to spend lots of time playing in my backyard. Watching Mom care for Macie has brought out my own maternal instinct.

I take Grant and Reed with me EVERYWHERE I go,

especially on the swings.

Good thing they enjoy having fun!

Macie is starting to wake up more and more everyday. She likes to look around at her surroundings, so Mom has been bringing her outside. She really enjoys the great outdoors.

Macie can't handle too much excitement, and after too long is back asleep.

While Grandma Joanie was here we were able to go to the zoo 3 times!!!! I don't know who had more fun. On our final trip to the Zoo I was able to see some of my favorite things including the carousel,

the kangaroo exhibit,

and the manatee tank in the aquarium.

Mom was in a hurry to get home to feed Macie, so I used my best "persuasion" face to squeeze in a couple more minutes. Macie didn't seem to mind- good thing she understands who the alpha in this relationship is...

On the way to the car it started to get a little chilly and since Mom forgot to put my sweatshirt in the wagon she graciously gave me hers. It was a little big, but before too long it served its purpose and I got "warm and snuggly":

Every night before bed the family has bath time fun. Once clean and "jammied" we get to read a story and say our prayers before bed. Lately Mom and Dad have been letting me hold Macie while we read. Grandma was VERY impressed.

I am the best big sister ever!!!


Unfortunately the second week of Grandma Joanie's stay went by WAY TOO FAST. I was sad to see her go, but was grateful for all the time we were able to spend together.



After Grandma left Mom and I were on our own with Macie. Mom was a little nervous, but I knew that we would find a way to make it work.
On the 25th Macie celebrated her 1 month birthday! We spent the morning at the doctors, and despite all Mommies efforts to "fatten her up", discovered that she hadn't put on much weight. She was still 19 3/4in and just over 6lbs. At one month I was also 19 3/4in long, but I was over 7 and a half pounds. Macie is a skinny minnie...

That afternoon we spent time playing with Macie; talking with her and singing her songs.


I can't believe that a whole month has gone by since Macie was born. I LOVE being a BIG sister and LOVE being a big helper. Mom is grateful for all the help she received from all our visitors over the last 6 weeks. We are sad that everyone has gone home and hope they come back to visit us again soon.
Macie is growing (at least mentally) every day and we notice that she is discovering more of her surroundings. I can't wait to see what she will do next...