Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Grandma Joanie Comes to Town!!!

The day had finally arrived- Grandma Joanie was coming to visit! I couldn't wait to see her, as it had been over 8 months since we last hung out in CA. Dad and I went to the airport to pick her up while Mommy and Macie stayed at home to make dinner. Grandma Joanie was SO excited to see me, and couldn't believe how big I had gotten!

As soon as we got home we introduced her to my new baby sister, Macie. Grandma couldn't believe how little Macie was, especially compared to me. After we ate a family dinner Grandma and Macie and spent lots of time together.



The first couple of days Grandma was here were spent around the house, as it is still kind of difficult for Mommy and Macie to go anywhere. On Tuesday Macie turned 2 weeks old and we went to the doctor to see how big she had gotten. To our surprise Macie had already grown over an inch and measured 19 3/4 inches tall. Mom couldn't believe that she was in the 25% for height (something which I still have not achieved at 2). Macie was almost back up to her birth weight, weighing in at 6lbs even, but that only put her in the 3rd percentile for weight. The doctor gave Macie two thumbs up, saying that she was in good health.




Macie wasn't the only one who received two thumbs up for growth, check this out: I weight 24lbs and am 32 inches tall. Woo Hoo!!! It must be the 3 eggs I eat every morning...


As much as Macie has grown in the past 2 weeks, she is still a small baby. While Mom was unpacking some old clothing from storage Mom found a dress that Grandma Judy had sewn for her cabbage patch doll when she was a little girl. It fits Macie...


My daily routine has been slightly altered, as we have to include Macie in every nap, meal, and bath. At night before bed Macie watches me take a bath in the big girl tub, and when I am done Macie gets a bath in her basin on the sink. She LOVES the warm bath water and gets mad when we take her out. Mom thinks Macie is going to be a water baby- too bad we are a long ways from the ocean...

While Mom finishes up with Macie I dry off with and play around until she is ready to help me dress and brush my teeth.


Macie still sleeps a lot, but Mom says that will change as she gets older. When she is awake she is very peaceful and quite, VERY different from me.


Mom isn't the only one busy taking care of new babies. Grant and Reed (my twin babies) have been a lot of work, and require all sorts of attention. Here I am putting them down for their daily nap.


I am a very good Mommy to my boys and can't wait to help with Macie when she is bigger.


Since Macie eats a lot and monopolizes Mommies time, I am often left to fend for myself. Good thing Grandma Joanie has been here because we are able to play in the front yard. Together we ran around on the sidewalks and hung out in the driveway.

Check out how great I am at riding my tricycle now that I can finally reach the pedals.

Because the weather has been so beautiful Grandma brought Macie outside to play with us.


Later on in the week I persuaded Mom to take Grandma Joanie and I to the zoo. It was lots of fun showing Grandma all of my favorite animals.


Surprise, surprise, Macie slept the whole time...

When the weekend came around Mom and Dad went on a road trip to Cleveland for a Brown's game and I got to stay home and play with Grandma. We had lots of fun playing in the back yard; we went on the swing, had a couple picnics, read a bunch of books, and practiced using the potty. We had a great time together!

I guess Mom and Dad had a nice drive to Cleveland, and it only took 3 hours. Mom says that, yes, Macie slept the whole time. I am starting to sound like a broken record aren't I? The weather in Cleveland was nice and warm, about 70 degrees, and perfect for Macie. She got to tailgate with Mom and Dad in the parking lot like we used to in California. Both Mom and Dad were excited to see Brett Favre's return from retirement, so they quickly made their way into the stadium.

I guess they ran into some trouble going in...
After making it through security to the ticket booth they handed the attendant their tickets when they were stopped and asked to show Macie's ticket. Mom thought they were joking at first and laughed, but when they repeated their question again Mom realized they were serious. Dad told the lady she was only 2 weeks old, but the woman told him that every person entering the stadium, regardless of age, had to have their own ticket. This upset and worried Mom and Dad. They had driven all this way, had spent lots of money on the two tickets, and weren't happy about the prospect of missing the game. Luckily a woman at guest services felt bad for them, and managed to sell them a specail ticket for Macie.
Finally, after all the hastle, they made it into the stadium.
Macie had the best seat in the house and thanks to Dad was able to use his hat for shade.
Although they say that she slept for most of the game, she was awake long enough to glance at Brett Favre. Now both of us can say that we got to see him play in an NFL game live.
When Mom, Dad, and Macie came home they were impressed to find that I hadn't worn a diaper all day and made it to my potty every time I had to go- Everyone was SO proud of me! Thanks to lots of help from Granmda Joanie I haven't had to wear diapers for about a week(except when I sleep) and get to wear big girl panties!!!!
Mom was worried that having a new baby around may cause me to revert back to old behaviors (bottles, diapers, etc.) So far I haven't had any problems, but I can be rather dramatic when I want to.

I have had the best couple of weeks with my new sister and family and am so excited that I have one more whole week with Grandma Joanie. I can't wait for her to spoil me some more!!!
We are very grateful for our healthy and happy new addition to our family, and will return soon with more fun stories of Riley and Macie Frankwick.