Monday, September 7, 2009

The First Week Home

Life at home is getting back to normal. After working out some minor kinks, we are all settling in nicely.

Macie still isn't doing much, although she isn't crying much either, and Mom tells me I should be grateful. Aunt Hayley has sure been a big help. She sits with Macie while Mom is tending to me, and she plays in the yard with me when Macie is requiring Mom's attention (which, I might add, is quite often). Grandma Judy says that her personality reminds her a lot of Aunt Hayley, she eats well, sleeps well, and is silent and content when awake.

I guess I was more like Mom when she was a baby; loud, needy, and impatient. Some things will never change...

My impatience has forced me to feed myself more often because I DO NOT want to wait for Mom to feed me. I am doing quite well, and don't make too much of a mess!

Little Macie isn't impatient at all, in fact, the only time Macie really cries is when Mom changes her diaper and gives her a bath.

Here is a picture of Macie's first bath time experience.


I must say that I do understand her dislike for water, it took me months to enjoy the bath. Macie cried subtle sobs while Mom was bathing her, but as soon as she was out and dressed she calmed down and became silent and content once again.


Mom is having me practice helping out around the house. I have learned to feed, change, and rock my dolls with the utmost care. My favorite task was learning how to strap my buddies into the car seat so that they can go for a ride.


The weather in Ohio has been pleasant since Mom and Macie arrived home from the hospital and we have been enjoying the back yard. Some days Macie stays inside in her swing, but every now and then Mom lets Macie watch me play on the deck. I love to cook for her in my kitchen, but most of all I love to show off for her.


Apparently I am boring because she can't seem to stay awake, though I must say, I can't understand how she doesn't find me absolutely fascinating...


My first few days with Macie at home was lots of fun, but I was looking forward to Pa coming to visit so that we could get out of the house. He arrived late on Friday evening, and was the first thing I asked for the following morning! We were both SO excited to see each other, and I had tons of fun showing him all around my house and yard. We spent the afternoon with Dad, Hayley, and Pa touring downtown Ohio and getting to know the area Hayley will hopefully be going to school in the winter.

Pa wasn't feeling well on Sunday so we spent the remainder of the weekend at home. That evening Aunt Hayley's boyfriend Jon drove down from Canada to see me. Can you believe he traveled from a whole other country to spend time with me??? On Monday morning the whole crew went to the zoo. It was Macie's first trip, but she didn't seem interested as she slept the WHOLE time. I spent most of the trip being silly for everyone.

I have recently discovered how COOL pockets are, and love to put my hands in them. Check out the four cool dudes at the Zoo.


One of my favorite exhibits this visit were the Kangaroos. They were wide awake and friendly, and I go to get really close to them.

I had to take my routine ride on the carousel and wanted everyone to join me, but Pa, Mom, Macie, and Jon all claimed that they get"motion sickness" and bowed out. Good thing Aunt Hayley stepped up cause it was sure fun!

Before Pa went home to California Macie and I got to sit on his lap and spend some time with him. Now poor Pa has 4 screaming girls to deal with...


Aunt Hayley and Jon spent the next day touring more of Ohio and Mom and I spent the day at home with Macie. I had fun, but wanted to go back to the Zoo. Jon and Hayley couldn't say no to my powers of persuasion, and the next morning took me on a special Zoo trip. After Mom got me dressed, she asked me to go downstairs and put on my shoes. She couldn't figure out why it was taking me so long, and upon inspection found that I had put hers on instead. I am working on the "loop, swoop, and pull", but as of yet have been unsuccessful.


Good thing I am cute and can get away with flashing my smile and batting my eyelashes...

Macie decided to stay home with Mom and rest while Hayley, Jon, Holly and I all went to the Zoo. Mom took some picture of me before my FIRST trip out and about without her (I think she was sad and nervous), but my excited smile made her feel a little better...


I think she is finally coming to terms with the fact that I am growing up. Don't I look like such a BIG GIRL?!?!?!

I had an incredible time at the Zoo with Hayley and Jon. Mom had a rough morning, and missed me a lot, but she "manned up" and only called Aunt Hayley 3 times. When we got home we found Macie doing the same thing she had been when we left; sleeping. Talk about a party pooper...

Jon left that next morning and Aunt Hayley's friend Will came in that afternoon. We had had a house full of visitors for over a month and I love it!!! Will and I had lots of fun playing together, but we nicknamed him the baby whisperer because Macie enjoyed him so much!


Between Will and Mom Macie was well taken care of, and I got Aunt Hayley all to myself! I am glad that we share a similar sense of humor, because we sure had fun acting like kids together.


Macie's first week home was full of laughing, playing, staring, and sleeping. I have decided that having a new sister is really cool and can't wait until she is big enough for me to hold, feed, change, and play with. Until then I plan on being a good role model and showing her how things are done in the Frankwick household (since Mom runs the joint like a captain on a pirate ship).

As the end of Hayley's visit, and Will's too, came to an end I was sad. I had become accustom to having buddies on call for me to play with.


Before bed that night we all spent some time together saying our goodbyes, and I told Aunt Hayley how excited I was that she would soon be living with us (keep your fingers crossed)!

The next morning I woke up to an empty house (Dad was away on business for 3 days). I looked everywhere, hoping to find someone to come play with me, but found only Jackson whom I find is tolerable for only a short time. This was Mom's first experience being alone with Macie and I for more than a few hours. While she was on the couch feeding Macie her breakfast I took advantage of my freedom to explore the house. When Macie was finished eating Mom got up to find me and laughed as I had managed to climb on the bike all by myself.


She was a little angry (sense the bike is a "no no"), but she couldn't resist laughing at my silly smile.


Mom is quickly learning that she needs to keep an extra close eye on me while she is feeding Macie because I am quite sly and precocious. Good thing for her that Grandma Joanie is coming to visit and lend her a helping hand. I am looking forward to seeing Grandma Joanie, as it has been 9 months since I saw her in California. Mom says she is looking forward to seeing how much I have grown, and eager to meet my new baby sister.

Macie is growing a little bit everyday, with subtle features continually changing. Mom thinks she looks a lot like Daddy, and a little bit like me when I was a baby. I will continue to keep you posted on all the fun we have with Grandma Joanie, and will put up some new pictures and video of Macie when she decides to stay awake for more than a feeding...


Our family is grateful to all of our friends and family whom have been there to support us at home, on the phone, and through letters and emails. We are sure blessed to such amazing people in our lives, THANKS EVERYONE!!