Saturday, March 28, 2009

Trip to the aquarium

The weather in San Diego has been amazing, and Mom, Dad, and I have been busy enjoying the outdoors.

From picnics on the lawn to fun with in the water, we have found great ways to beat the heat

Playing with my water table has provided hours of fun.



Mom and Dad love letting me make a big mess in the front yard- splashing is my favorite!


This week Mom took me to the Aquarium in La Jolla and we met up with some friends.

Lisa, Abraham, and Daniel all came to spend time with me.

Inside the aquarium there were all sorts of sea animals to look at. I loved the big tanks that allowed me to stand next to the fish.

After we looked at all the fish we went outside to play in the tide pools.

The tide pools were really neat. I was able to touch some of the sea creatures, and thought most of them felt slimy and gooey.

Next to the tide pools there were toy sea creatures that I was able to play with. I showed some of them to George and he was really impressed. His favorite was the star fish.

George was afraid of the octopus, but Lisa and I sure liked him.

After we were done playing with the sea animals, the boys and I looked down on the surfers in beautiful La Jolla.


There were telescopes overlooking the shore, but instead of wanting to look through them like the big kids, I wanted to show off by naming all of the letters on the base of the telescope.


Everyone was impressed by my intelligence, and I LOVED being the center of attention.

Once we were finished at the tide pools we went to see the sharks. Lucky for us it was feeding time, and we got to watch as the sharks ate the little fish that were thrown into their tank.

When the sharks were done with their lunch, we got to pose inside a sharks mouth. Check out all those sharp spiky teeth!



Watching the sharks eat made us all hungry so we gathered outside the aquarium and had a picnic. I had a wonderful time playing with my friends Lisa, Abraham, and Daniel, and hope to spend more time with them again soon!