Sunday, March 22, 2009

Birthday FUN at Disneyland!!!

Feeling rested and rejuvenated after a long week of illness, our family woke up on Daddy's birthday ready for some FUN. Mom and I made special birthday pancakes for Dad, and even put a candle in them and sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY! After our morning celebration we packed the car and began our trip to Disneyland!!!!

I napped for a while on our car ride, but woke up as we exited the freeway. Mom and Dad sang their rendition of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song- I was so excited and couldn't hold back my anticipation for long.

Before we could enter the park we had to wait in line to buy the tickets. This is when I started to get frustrated; I wanted to see Mickey Mouse RIGHT AWAY, and didn't like the idea of being STUCK in lines. I managed to behave for about 10 minutes, as Dad and Mom kept me occupied by singing the birthday song. Here I am smiling right before the Dr.Riley Jekyll took over...
Deciding that I'd spent enough time waiting I let the whole world know how extremely upset I was. Mom and Dad were mortified by my behavior. Apparently they had never seen me behave so badly, and didn't know what to do. Ironically I was the unhappiest kid at the happiest place on earth.

Finally inside the park Mom and Dad hoped I would settle down, but I held steadfast to my pout, determined not to let anyone think I was having fun.

While waiting in line for "It's a small world" I got to eat a pretzel shaped like Mickey Mouse and it snapped me out of my mood for a short time. After my snack I kept myself busy by showing off to the people around me.

Mom tried everything she could to make me laugh, but it took some time and creativity before it paid off:


Right before we got on the ride I managed to turn my frown upside down.


Riding "It's a small world" was lots of fun, and I really enjoyed singing along. Afterwards we headed out to Toon Town to see where all my buddies live. Our first stop was Minnie Mouse's house. I was so happy to see her that I couldn't stop shrieking with excitement.


After I got to give her a hug and kiss she let me go on a tour of he house- can you believe it???
In her living room I got to sit in her chair next to the fire,
and in her bedroom I got to lay down on her bed.

Minnie even let me play with her hair brush and perfume.
Before we left her house Dad and I sat down for some tea and chatted about all the FUN we were beginning to have.

The next stop on out tour of Toon Town was MICKEY MOUSE'S house!!!! I got to walk through his house before meeting him, and although I was eager to get through I did stop on the way to play a tune on the piano.

Seeing Mickey Mouse was even better than I could have imagine, and BOY was he nice. I even gave him a bump to let him know how cool I thought he was.


We left Toon Town and headed for Dad's favorite ride- Pirates of the Caribbean.

Along the way we were sidetracked by all the fun things to do and see. We stopped to walk through a real tree house, and I really enjoyed running back and forth across a drawstring bring.


Back on our path to Frontier Land I was distracted by some kids whom I had to stop and meet. One boy in particular caught my attention and we had lots of fun hanging out together.

Mom had to pry me away from my new friends, but I kept running away form her and laughing. Here I am hiding from her, do you think she can see me???

We finally made it to Daddy's pirate ride. At first I thought it was kind of scary, but after learning the funny song I discovered that it was pretty fun. Dad even dressed up like a pirate to make me laugh.

Before the end of our long day of fun at Disneyland Mom and Dad bought me some Mickey Mouse ears- don't I look good!?!?!?

Unfortunately our day ended much like it began, and my alter ego came back. Poor Mom and Dad had to carry me on the 100 mile walk to the car all while I was screaming and crying. I passed out once I hit the car seat, exhausted from all the events of the day.

I woke up in a hotel room at 2:30am ready to have some fun. Mom tried to coerce me back into bed, but was unsuccessful. I was adamant that I wanted to eat some food. Lucky for Mom she had planned ahead. She went into the hotel room "kitchen" and came back with a feast. WE stayed up till 4:30am eating snacks and watching movies as I recalled all the fun events from the day before.

The next morning we woke up early with a full agenda for our day in Huntington Beach. We got to see all my OC friends; Kathy, Lupe, Nathalie and her new baby Lyla before I had to go down for my nap.

When I woke up Mom and Dad told me that we were going on a special picnic on the beach. To my surprise and excitement we had a sushi party on the beach- it was AWESOME!!!


I was SO happy to be back home at the beach, and realized how much I had missed it.

After lunch we stayed on the beach, played in the sand, and enjoyed our time together as a family.

Dad and I worked on building castles, but as you may remember, I found that they are WAY more fun to tear down!


While dad was digging a hole to put sand in my bucket for a castle I climbed in- he thought it was funny and decided to bury my feet in the hole.


It felt funny, but looked even funnier...



Using my strength I managed to pry my legs out of the sand all by myself!



Being at the beach reminded Mom and I of all the specail times we spent there.



After we were done playing at the beach Mom and Dad told me that they had more surprises in store. We drove down the street and went to JEFF and SUSAN's house!!!

I was So excited to see everyone, and even more excited that they still had all my stuff ready for me!!!!

I played with the toys in my toybox, ate some nuggets from the fridge, snuggled with my buddy Sage, and enjoyed my time with my favorite friends.



The long weekend finally caught up to me, and as we were getting ready to leave my alter ego came out in full force. Here I am doing the scorpion while Mom is trying to take a nice family picture...


After calming down, I gave everyone hugs and kisses, sad to be leaving.

Before we drove back to San Diego we stopped in to see my friend Logan. I missed him a lot, and enjoyed seeing how much he had grown. The two of us played together until my sleepy eyes told Mom and Dad it was time to go.

As we loaded the car and drove out of town I fell asleep thinking of the wonderful day I spent with friends and family. I am going to miss my home in Huntington Beach, but know that we will be back one day.

I hope Dad enjoyed our fun, eventful birthday trip as much as I did!!!