Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fun at the San Diego Zoo!!!

This week Mom, Dad, and Pa took me to the San Diego Zoo!


I hadn't been there in almost 8 months, and was looking forward to seeing all of the animals. The first thing we did was stop in to see the flamingo's. They were really silly looking, and only stood on one foot!






After the flamingo's, we went to go to the petting zoo where I was able to run around with all the buddies. The goats were my favorite; I got to feed them, and even pet them.






Pa thought it would be fun to ride in the sky ride, and boy was he right! From up above I got to see all of the animals. The gorillas looked awesome from up high, and I waved to them while I made gorilla noises.





Once off of the sky ride we were by the big bears. Here I am sitting on one, don't I look great!!!





After checking out some Lazy Koala bears eating and sleeping, we made our way to the "big animal" section of the Zoo. I was looking forward to seeing all of the African animals I read about in my books.

The giraffes were amazing, and I was fascinated by their LONG necks. Daddy let me sit on his shoulders so I could get a better look.



Being one of my favorite animals, I was excited to see the elephants. Pa and Dad were amazed by their sheer size, but I was fixated on their trunks. I sure wish I had a trunk to help me shovel in my food.


The last large animal we saw were the rhinos. After listening to Pa tell stories about being chased by rhino's in Africa I was excited to see them. Once I had, I understood why he ran, because boy they were sure fast...



Some of the most entertaining animals in the Zoo were in the reptile section. I had lots of FUN sticking my tongue out the snakes, and couldn't stop laughing at them.


My day was full of fun, and I thanked Pa for taking me to the Zoo by giving him a BIG kiss.




A couple days after my fun at the Zoo I came down with the Flu. I had a rough week, and my poor little tummy hurt really bad. There were many sleepless nights, and Mom was worried about my non existent appetite that contributed to my weight dropping down to under 20lbs. She keeps telling me that once I get better we are going to Donalds to scarf down lots of McNuggets to pack back on the lbs- I can't wait!


Mom and Dad worked hard to make sure I was as comfortable as I could be, but poor Dad came down with the flu a couple days later. The two of us spent many hours together lounging on the couch snuggling while Mom did her best to steer clear of our illness while still helping us out as best she could. I was lucky to have Dad there to comfort me.



Despite being sick, he always finds ways to make me smile.

I am working hard to get better before the weekend because Dad's birthday is on Sunday and we have big plans to go to Disneyland. Keep your fingers crossed....