Saturday, August 30, 2008

More FUN with Aunt Hayley!

If you thought last week was fun, you'd better prepare yourself for what this week had in store. I would suggest sitting down with some extra time for this one, because it is looooooong...

After our dinner at Great Grandma Jensen's with Grandma Schafer's family we spent one more fun-filled day with Aunt Hayley before Mom took me back home. We couldn't stay in San Diego forever, and I was eager to get home to my dad! On the way home we stopped to see Autumn at the hair salon so that Mom and Aunt Hayley could get their hair done. While Mom was in the chair I hung out with Aunt Hayley, Aunt Holly, and Grandma Schafer.


I wanted to take Aunt Holly for a walk, but as you can see she wasn't too excited about my infatuation with her.




I really enjoy being at the hair salon because I get a lot of attention, and this time I even got a treat! One of the stylists gave Aunt Hayley an Oreo cookie which she let me eat all by myself!



I ate the whole cookie, but managed to get more on my face than in my belly


We had so much fun at the salon that I passed out the whole way home to Huntington Beach.



When I woke up I was sad to see that Grandma, Hayley, and Holly weren't at my house, but I had sure missed my dad and was glad to see him when I got out of the bath.


While Aunt Hayley was off gallivanting through San Fransisco with her friend Will, I was at home playing with my good buddy Jax.


I really like to take him for walks in the back yard, but he is still a little to strong for me to take him up to the school by myself.



During the week I also got to try an ice cream bar for the first time. Mom eats them a lot, and usually she tells me that I can't have any (apparently they aren't good for me), but with some coercing from dad I got to try a bite.





One bite led to another, and before you know it I had eaten half of her ice cream. Afterwards I was in a food coma...

After the weekend we drove back down to Pa's so we could pick up Aunt Hayley at the airport the following morning on her return from San Francisco (a part of California Mom says wouldn't be missed if it separated from California and drifted off into the Ocean).


When I woke up the next morning it was raining in Jamul. I had never been in the rain (that I can remember) and was curious about it. I crawled out on to the steps and watched the fat raindrops as they fell to the ground.



Pa picked me up and walked me into the downpour and it felt funny as the drops hit me. I'm not too sure about this rain stuff but Mom says I won't have to worry since it only rains like 10 days a year in California.



That afternoon we went to the Charger Game. It was awesome- lots of my favorite people were there; Mom, Aunt Hayley, Grandma Schafer, Pa, Debbie, Chris, Mikey, and Linda! We all had lots of fun tailgating before the game. Pa showed me how to throw a football, but I take after the Europeans and kick the ball instead.




After we ate and played, Mom dressed me in my Chargers tutu and we went inside the stadium. Once we were inside I got to sit in my own seat.




It was a little tough to see over the crowd in front of me, so Linda held me up so I could stare onto the field.


I really enjoyed all the action, but had more fun watching the crowd than the players in the game.



After the game we drove out to Pa's house to stay for the week.


I love being at pa's house because there are so many things to do. I have learned how to use keys to open doors but am still a little too short to reach the keyholes...




Aunt Hayley made the mistake of leaving her laptop on the floor one morning, and in less than 2 seconds I had found it and began pounding on it. When Mom caught me I gave her the look... (I know I'm doing something wrong, but I'm so cute it shouldn't matter)



I have gotten to know my way around Pa's house and can go in and out of the house all by myself. When Mom wasn't looking I ran out the front door and shrieked "Nah" (my word for horse) as I pointed down towards Bugs.


Mom watched as I turned and ran towards the edge of the driveway.


Now that I can run, my quick feet got me there rather fast, but I stopped at the edge hesitant to go any further. Instead of proceeding I stood there and shrieked wanting Mom to take me down to the horses. She shook her head and said that we would go tomorrow. When she turned her back to grab the ball for Jax I decided that if she wasn't going to take me I would go myself and I took off...



That turned out to be a bad idea as the dirt cliff off the driveway was steeper and more unstable than I planned. I lost my footing on the first step and Mom watched as I tumbled in slow motion down the slope. She managed to grab me before I did any major damage, but I did get really dirty.

We all got a good laugh out of the ordeal and Aunt Hayley ended up taking me down to the horses later that afternoon. The next day Jax (yes Jax got to come for the week too) and I played in the front yard and explored this uncharted territory.


I loved picking up leaves and bringing them to Mom.

It was such a beautiful day that we played outside for hours while Aunt Hayley ran some errands. When she returned I helped her carry her belongings into the house. I loved this little makeup bag, and carried it just like a big girl does.


It got really heavy after a couple of steps and I decided that carrying a hand bag is more effort than its worth, although it was a GREAT accessory to my outfit.


Because we didn't have time to go down to the horses with all our big plans for the day Aunt Hayley gave me a horsey ride to make up for it.



The next morning I got to play with Pa while Mom and Aunt Hayley showered and got ready. We had fun playing dress up- I got to wear one of Aunt Hayley's shirts as a dress, and Pa gave me a hat made out of a cereal box.



Afterwards Pa showed me how to play pool. Because of my petite size I got to sit on the table and throw the balls in the hole. Pool turned out to be a really entertaining game and it kept me busy for about 30 minutes (about 25 minutes longer than most activities)


After Mom and Aunt Hayley were dressed and ready we went to the mall and then to dinner with Aunt Liz ,Uncle Ryan, Uncle Brandon, Pa, and Debbie. Before dinner we got to see Ryan and Liz's new condo for the first time and it was great! They had all sorts of things for me to get into.

We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner because Aunt Hayley was craving beef tacos. I didn't really like the food, but I enjoyed the company and was finally able to get a good picture with Liz and RyRy.

That next day we packed up the car and headed down to Pa's boat to spend the day before driving back home to Huntington Beach. Jax got to come to the boat for the first time and I showed him the ropes since I am an old pro. I sure love my buddy!!!


While Pa and Aunt Hayley were fishing Mom and I played in the boat. I got to wear these big pink shades that looked really silly! No one knows who they belonged to, but if they were mine I would deny it as well...



When I became bored with dress up I practiced crawling in and out, up and down. Mom managed to catch me as I fell into the car seat on the stairs- talk about a model pose...



When Pa and Aunt Hayley had caught their quota of fish they came back to take me on my very first ski boat ride. Sitting in the boat at the dock was fun, but before we could leave Mom said I had to put on my life vest.




It was a little uncomfortable at first, but we are working on following the rules.



Jax and Holly didn't have to wear vests, but Mom says that seasoned individuals (those over 18)have the option to wear one or not, and they clearly prefer not to! I can't wait to be old enough to make my own decisions!



I sat on Aunt Hayley's lap as Pa pulled out of the dock, but wanted to take charge shortly thereafter.



I pushed off of Aunt Hayley and went striaght to Pa and assumed my posititon at the helm.


I got to steer once we were out on the open sea, and it was lots of fun.




Pa said I did really well for a first timer!!! Now I have caught the drivin' bug and can't wait to get behind the wheel again.



Pa showed me around the San Diego Harbor and I got to see all sorts of big ships. The best part about the ride was waving at all the people on the shore. I got lots of hello's and waves, and loved all the attention! When we were back at shore Mom thought it would be fun to take me out in the Kayak- obviously she was wrong. I was uncomfortable and a little scared.


As I unloaded at the dock, Jax decided he wanted to have a turn so Mom took him on a short ride (he had about as much fun as I did)



All that excitement tuckered us out and we decided it was time to pack up the car and head back home. As Mom was loading the car Pa helped me to climb my first tree. At first I was a little apprehensive, but once I got my bearings I enjoyed being perched in the tree.



With Pa there is never a dull moment, and he sure has fun spending time with all his grisl!!!



When I woke up we were back home in Huntington Beach. Although I had an amazing time in San Diego it was great to be back in my own home. Grandma Schafer came up that evening to spend the night with Aunt Hayley and I before leaving for Mammoth. It was great showing the both of them the new community we are creating in the front yard. We hope to have a car, a playground, and a restaraunt soon.



After Grandma left I helped Aunt Hayley pack her suitcase and prepare to return to "the island."

For our last night together Mom let Aunt Hayley help me with all my night time tasks. We ate sushi together (I had my own rainbow roll again), and then she helped me clean up in the bath. I even showed her how I can brush my teeth lke big people do.



When I was done she dressed me in the new sleeper that she picked out. It has doggy stuff all over it, and there are even dog heads on the feet.



I showed her how I can brush my hair, and she even let me brush hers.



I gave her a big hug goodbye and tried to persuade her to stay, she but told me that she had to go back to school so that she could learn how to take care of all the pets I am going to have when I get big.



Before I went to sleep Aunt Hayley gave me my night time milk and held me as I dozed off. I sure love my Aunt Hayley and had tons of fun while she was here.



I was sad to wake up to an empty house on Saturday morning; Mom, Dad, Jax, 4th and I all missed Hayleywood (our new name for the pair.) Unfortunately they won't be back until Christmas, but I will be REAL BIG by then and will have all sorts of new tricks to show off!

To keep me from becoming depressed, Mom and Dad tried extra hard to make the rest of the weekend fun. They bought me some new toys to go with my new house, and I am having a great time using my rake and shovel in the front yard.


Dad even showed me how to play Big Buck Hunter on my play station. Uncle Shawn would be proud of how well I did!



On Sunday the family took Magnum on a trip to the beach. This time I had a lot more fun in the water and would RUN towards it shrieking with excitement.


Unfortunatley I learned the hard way that water can be quite poweful.




The cold water gave me a scare, but I got right back on my feet and showed the water who was boss!

Falling asleep on Sunday evening I reminisced about my last week of fun, and as I said my night time prayers I thanked God for all of the blessings I have in my life. I am greatful for my amazing family and friends.

Mom, Dad, and I leave for Wisconsin on Thursday and are SO excited to see the extended Frankwick Family. We are going to have so much fun, they better be catching up on sleep because we are going to play non-stop!!!!!!!