Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wisconsin Trip Part 1 of 2:


After months of anticipation, it had finally come; the day we were leaving for Wisconsin!!!


While Mom was busy packing the kitchen sink I amused myself by chasing Jax and 4th around the house. The day had been without any major incidents, but I was feeling a little more whiny than normal and didn't nap too well during the day- I felt the anxiety surrounding the long travel ahead. We completed our normal night-time routine, and after my bottle loaded the car and left for the airport.


Before I begin the story of my trip to Wisconsin I feel it necessary to inform you that I couldn't imagine squeezing in all the excitement into just one post, so I will separate my trip into two parts, here it goes...


I had just fallen asleep in the car when I was rudely awoken at the airport. As one could imagine I wasn't thrilled about it, but I quickly realized I was in public and turned on my smile! I first charmed the man working at the Northwest counter and he was so enamoured that he changed our seating arrangements and instead of having to be a "lap baby" I was given my own seat to sit in for FREE! Talk about a million dollar smile!

Since we arrived early I had a whole hour to run around the airport and make new friends. Mom and Dad were glad that I was expending energy in the hopes that I would be tuckered out on the plane.


When we finally boarded and sat in our seats Mom and Dad were dismayed to find that I wasn't finished wreaking havoc. The plane taxied for longer than expected and I became VERY restless. Mom gave me a bottle as we took off, hoping that it would help me calm down and go to sleep. I didn't want the bottle, and I was getting increasingly uncomfortable and angry. After struggling with both Mom and Dad I finally relaxed, but tossed and turned the entire flight, constantly grasping my ears. My head felt like it was going to explode. We finally made it to Minnesota and I couldn't have been happier to be off the plane. Though I was tired and cranky Uncle Shawn surprised us at baggage claim and I greeted him with a sleepy smile and a big wave! We packed up the car and drove to Wisconsin. Our family was so tired from the flight that Dad and I slept the whole way to Marshfield.


I was awake and happy when I wobbled into Grandma Frankwick's house and greeted her with a big hug and a kiss! I had missed my Grandma so much and couldn't wait to shower her with love!

Grandma was so surprised by all the things I am able to do, and I thoroughly loved showing them off to her! In preparation of my arrival Grandma had filled the house with all sorts of toys! I immediately ran to the living room, overwhelmed by all the fun items in front of me. After much consideration I went for the bike and sat down for a ride. My little legs had some trouble pushing, but it was sure fun!

Another toy I really enjoyed was the baby carriage. Grandma though it was funny that I could fit in it because I am so little, and took me for a ride.


We spent the day playing with the family, and silly Uncle Shawn showed me the big Crappie he had saved for me in the freezer. The fish looked and smelled funny, but Uncle Shawn was sure proud of his BIG catch.

I wanted to show Grandma Frankwick that I am a big girl and can help out around the house, so Uncle Shawn took me outside and we swept Grandma's driveway.

All the hard work left me sleepy, but after a long nap I woke up refreshed and ready for some more fun. That evening Grandma, Dad, Mom, and I took a trip to the park and I got to bring my doll in her carriage.

At the park there were lots of things for little kids to play on. Grandma pushed me on the swings and we shared some good laughs.

I got to sit on my first teeter totter, but the instability had me a little concerned...

The best toy at the park was the digger! Dad and I played in the sand and made all sorts of messes.

That night I got to eat a big, messy dinner. Grandma was really impressed by the amount of food I can fit in my little tummy.

Bath time at Grandma's was a lot of fun. I got to play with all sorts of kitchen utensils, and found that they are amazing bath toys!

The ladle makes a great microphone,

but also doubles as a teething ring.

Grandma and I enjoyed all sorts of bath time fun together!

The next day we went on a walk through the zoo at the park next to Grandma's house. Dad told me that he used to go there lots when he was a kid!

Mom insisted that we took a picture with the animals and I think that Dad, Grandma and I fit right in!

Uncle Brad and Bam (his dog) showed up and walked through the zoo with us. It took us some time to get reacquainted, but we quickly become buddies. I really had fun poking at uncle brad's newly acquired chin fuzz.

My favorite part of the park was the ducks. They were free to roam everywhere, and Dad and I got to walk around with them. Can you believe that they don't wear diapers, instead they just poop on the ground. We had to be careful about not stepping on any of it (they poop a whole lot; guess they must be real tired).

Mom's favorite animal in the park was the grey wolf. She wouldn't stop howling at it, and although I was really embarrassed by her antics, I was fascinated by this new dog.


After the park we all went back to Grandma's and I got to play with Bam. Dad taught me how to mimic his bark...


Barking is sure a lot of fun, now I know why Jackson does it ALL THE TIME!


The next morning I went over to see my Grandpa Frankwick and Cindy. I hadn't seen them for almost 10 months and they couldn't believe how much I had grown (my brain has grown a lot more than my body)

They had all sorts of fun toys for me to play with, but my favorite thing by far was the water bed they let me jump on. I am still trying to talk Mom into getting me one to play with at home.

On the way home from Grandpa's house we drove through the big animal zoo. Can you believe I got to ride on Mommies lap and stick my head out the window!!! I loved the way the wind felt in my hair, and laughed the whole time!



The great thing about the drive thru zoo is that you can stop and get out of your car to get closer to the animals. I was fascinated by the big elk and he even came up to the fence to check me out.






There were lots of big animals to see and I enjoyed the experience.

At night we had dinner at Grandma's with the family and Dad let me play guitar hero with him and the boys. I am sure getting good, Mom even gets booed off the stage before I do.

In the morning when I woke up Uncle Shawn read me a book about a dog and a cat (fox and the hound). I kept barking every time I saw the dog.


After our book was done Uncle Shawn took me outside to show some of his toys. His dirt bike looked cool, but I was a little hesitant to sit on it since Pa has the "four wheel" rule. Uncle Shawn assured me that we would be safe and Pa wouldn't mind if I sat on it for a little while.


My favorite toy that Uncle Shawn had was the bow that he uses for hunting. It was bigger than I am, but boy did it look like a lot of fun. Uncle Shawn shot it in the back yard and showed me how to do it. Dad helped me give it a try, but as you can see I need to work on my arm hock so that one day I will be strong enough to use it.


Before Uncle Shawn left for Minnesota the family took a trip to the bowling alley for some good old fashioned FUN! Dad and I spent some time in the arcade and I got to play a game of Big Buck Hunter, it was awesome!

Since we were the only people in the bowling alley we had all the lanes to ourselves. It was lots of fun running up and down the lanes, although I REALLY wanted to run to the pins and knock them down!





Before we started the game I had to pick out my bowling ball. There were so many to choose from that I wanted to use them all.



Bowling was a little difficult for me, but I sure enjoyed playing in the gutter. Talk about a good-lookin' gutter ball.


I sure had fun hangin' out with and playing with my family.

Little did I know at the time this was only the beginning of my amazing time in Wisconsin. Tune in next week for more Frankwick Family Fun. Here is a preview...