Friday, August 1, 2008

The party never stops...

Now that I'm a WHOLE YEAR OLD I get to do some really neat stuff.

I no longer have to sit in the infant car seat- Mom says I have upgraded to first class! It is lots of fun facing forward and watching everything out the window. The best part is that mom can hand things to me (like food and toys) and keep me company. We sings songs and are very silly!!!


Since I have become an excellent walker (and runner) Mom lets me walk from the car all the way into the house. I am really excited that I can do this on my own and do not want help!


I can climb the stairs and can even open and close the gate (once mom unlocks it)









I have also learned how to use a straw. I want to be a BIG girl SO bad that I decided I would rather use a straw than a sippy cup.








As you can see, it is more fun to play with a sippy cup than it is to drink from one. I like to suck in the water and then spit it back out. I have learned that it makes really funny noises and gets a laughing response from all my spectators.


Later on in the week my friend Logan came over for a pool party!!! We lounged in the pool together for a couple of hours while our Mommies hung out.


After our dip in the pool I showed Logan one of my new tricks.



Mom says it is not "lady-like" to do this and doesn't think its funny, but it sure feels good!


Saturday the 26th was Mommies Birthday. She got up early and Dad and I sent her to the spa. While she was gone we decorated the house, made signs, and drew pretty pictures on the sidewalk. We knew that she would appreciate all our hard work.

She was so surprised when she walked into the house that it made her tear up. I think she was very proud that Daddy and I did all that on our own.!

After she settled in we brought out her a special birthday breakfast made up of chocolate and peanut butter malt balls (her FAVORITE). I was very grateful when mom shared some with me.


After breakfast we opened all of Mom's birthday cards and presents. The whole family got her birthday cards- even Jax and 4th. Daddy got her the best gift of all, he bought her a really nice camera so she could take great pictures of ME!

After she washed my face and got me dressed for the day she used it for the first time. I must say, it takes some amazing pictures...


We spent the rest of the morning hanging out as a family and taking pictures. I think Mom had a lots of fun, but the day wasn't close to being over. Around lunch time Grandpa Schafer and Debbie came over and took us to lunch at Mom's favorite place- Chuck E Cheese!!! We ate lots of pizza, rode some rides, and got to play all sorts of games.


Here I am driving in the car with Chuck E Himself

Then I got to drive a train with Barney. Mom says all the little kids like him, but I'm not sure about that big purple dinosaur...



Ridin' in the redneck pickup truck was awesome. After all, Mom does say I need to get in touch with my roots...


Mom had me ride the carousel for Aunt Hayley, but I had to hold on real tight and it was kind of scary. I can't wait for the real thing when Aunt Hayley comes home!



Before we played the games, I went on one more ride. It was a Ferris Wheel for babies. I was more curious and scared than anything.



Mom was very disappointed that they didn't have her favorite game at Chuck E Cheese anymore. I guess gophers used to pop up out of holes and you would hit them on the head. They replaced the game with a friendlier version which mom took a liking to quickly. Ducks would float by and you would hit them and knock them down. I think she enjoyed it a little too much...



My favorite game was one where letter and numbers lit up. Mom said it was an educational game, whatever that means...


Pa's favorite game was Skeeball. He tried to show me how to play;


but I didn't quite get the hang of it...



I now know why Chuck E Cheese is one of Mommies favorite places- I can't wait to go back!

I was so exhausted from all the fun and excitement that I fell asleep in the car on the way home. When I woke up I was in the stroller at the batting cages. My goodness, I thought, the fun never ends!!!

Mom let me try on her helmet; it was a little big, but soon I'll be big enough to get one of my own.




That evening we finished off Mom's birthday celebration with a big chocolate cake. Mom says that this birthday was her bestest birthday ever!!!!!!!!!


The next morning I entertained myself with the balloon Debbie bought me at Chuck E Cheese



And just when I thought all of our celebrations were over Grandma Schafer showed up!!!!!!!!! I was so excited to see her. We took a long walk on the beach and watched all of the surfers at the US Open. We met up with some friends for lunch at the pier and I got to sit up at the table like a big girl.


Grandma ended up staying with us for 3 whole days. We had lots of fun together and took lots of walks up and down the sidewalks.



While she was here I got to experience my FIRST earthquake. According to the news it was a big one, but I don't see what the fuss is all about. Mom and I had to stand in the doorway until the shaking stopped, but after that things were right back to normal.

We had an exciting couple of days and I was really sad to see her go. I hope that she comes to stay with me again soon.



Our family has decided to take the next couple of weeks to relax and prepare for all the fun that will take place in the next month. We pick Aunt Hayley up from the airport in 2 weeks and can't wait to see her. She will only be in California for a short time, so we need to pack all sorts of fun into a couple of weeks. After Aunt Hayley goes back to the Island we will leave to go visit my family in Wisconsin. Mom and I will be staying with Grandma Frankwick for 10 whole days!!! Mom tells me that although we will be "taking it easy" we will still be doing all sorts of fun things. Check back soon for an inside on all the action.