Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to normal...if only for a moment...


As the month of July came to an end the parties finally stopped and life began to return to normal.
I had my One year Check Up and the Doctor was SO proud of how I had grown. I weighed in just shy of 18 lbs. and measured 27 inches long. I FINALLY made it out of the 3-5th percentile and am in the 5-10th!!!! My BIG appetite is helping me to grow.



We stayed close to home the first week of August and enjoyed the great weather we've been having in California. Mom, Dad, and I took Magnum (Jackson's alter ego) to the beach to play. We call him Magnum when he plays ball at the beach because he takes on a new persona. Dad says it's kinda like Clark Kent and Superman, whoever they are.


I wasn't too sure about the cold sand when Mom and Dad first set me down. It felt gummy and unstable.




It took me a couple of minutes before I warmed up to the idea of venturing into the water




As you can see, being in the water made me feel a little uneasy...



Just when I was getting comfortable in the water, a wave came and knocked me into the water.

I was NOT happy. It was COLD!

After my run-in with the wave I took to the shore for some warming up. The warm sand felt lots better under my toes and I enjoyed the challenge of walking in it


On the whole I think I enjoyed my first REAL trip to the beach!


The next day mom and I enjoyed a relaxing walk up and down the sidewalks out front of my house. I learned to pick up the flowers and put them behind my ears. Mom says I look pretty.



The week was shaping up to be very relaxing until Mom got a phone call...


A woman from the Craft Faire/Farmer's Market called and said there had been a cancellation and Mom could get a booth at the next market (which happened to be 4 days away). Mom knew that she had to take the opportunity. That's when life got crazy. Mom was sewing like a MADWOMAN and we only left the house to go to the fabric store. I wasn't too excited about being put on the back burner until my Grandma Schafer showed up to help out! It was great. While Mom sewed I got to play with my favorite play mate. Mom spent her days making outfits while Grandma and I explored Huntington Beach. I love being with my Grandma cause she's FUNNY!


When Friday rolled around Mom was taking care of some odds and ends when Uncle Binky showed up to help take some pictures for Mom's flyers and posters.



While they were getting the camera focused and adjusted I played around with Binky's Rockstar Hat (my favorite drink brand)




Watch out America's next top model- here I come!!!



I had a lot of fun running around the yard modeling, until I realized that Models have to wear lots of outfits.


Mom and Binky couldn't really keep me still, but they managed to get a couple of shots


After a while I learned that posing for pictures is way more fun with props!



Modeling turned out to be harder than I would have thought, and I decided I was done half way through the outfits, but we managed to get the shot for the handout...





Binky is busy working on the website, but you can click on this link to check me out:

http://www.rockthecradleclothing.com/

The Market began early on Saturday morning, and around the house it was crazy. Mom and Dad left to set up the booth while Grandma and I ate breakfast. When I was full, changed, and dressed Grandma , Dad, and I rode our bikes down to see Mom and her booth. I was proud of all the hard work she did!!!


Dad and I stayed around to help her out, and I modeled my outfit up and down the runway (aisle).



All that work made me thirsty and Dad helped me drink out of my BIG GIRL water bottle.






Being the center of attention is exhausting and I started to get fussy and tired. Mom realized that she had no where for me to sleep, but after a few moments in thought she pulled her resources together and made me a bed of sweatshirts and sheets folded in a laundry basket. I guess there are benefits to being small...



The first day at the Market turned out to be really fun and I got to meet all sorts of people.

The next day was really hot and mom let me take off my onesie and just model my skirt. Mom said the stones on the ground would burn my feet so she made me wear sandals.


At first they were a little uncomfortable and hard to walk in,




but with each step I got more confident,





and soon I was off on my own.





Later that day one of Daddies friends from work came by to see me. Mom dressed him up in an adult tutu and he took my modeling job away.




All in all the Faire was a success and the hours and hours of hard work paid off in the end!

What we had hoped would be an easy going couple of weeks turned into a mad dash to get things done. I am so grateful that my Grandma Schafer came to stay with me while mom was busy, and so is Mom!


Now life has slowed down again, and we are preparing for Aunt Hayley and Hollywood's arrival. We pick them up from the airport on Friday and are SO EXCITED. She better rest up on the plane, cause I plan on showing her a good time...