Sunday, March 9, 2008

Life is going by so quickly, this coming week I will be 8 months old.

I may have been born a runt, but after my growth spurt last week I have turned into a BIG girl!!! (I may have even grown out of the 5th percentile). I am eating lots more; am able to feed myself a bottle, and mom gives me baby food twice a day. I would really like to feed myself, but mom said there will be plenty of time to do that when I am older.

Look how small the remote looks next to me NOW:

I have become quite the mover now that I am big, and can crawl everywhere!! Mom can no longer leave me unattended. The other night I was in my play room with my toys while mom was in the kitchen making dinner. I looked over and saw her stirring something on the stove and decided that I wanted to get a closer look. To mom's surprise I had crawled all the way from my play room to the kitchen stove and grabbed her foot. I think it startled her because she made a funny squeaking noise. Now she knows better than to ignore me...


This week Grandma Schafer came to stay with us for her birthday. We had lots of fun together and she helped me practice my standing. I am getting really good at it, but haven't yet grasped the concept that my muscles aren't strong enough to hold me up without support. I get really frustrated that I can't get up on my own and shriek for mom to help me. Mom always puts me back on my tummy (the doctor says it is better for my neck to be crawling), so the other day I decided to start using objects around to help me get up.

Mom caught me...



Mom really isn't that mean, but I really like it when daddy comes home from work because we have lots of fun! The other night he let me stand up, and showed me how to dance.

Our first Father/Daughter dance:


My second tooth finally came in this week. Mom and I thought that the pain of teething was gone for now, but after feeling a little under-the-weather we have come to conclusion that my top teeth are now making there way in to join the bottom.

Now that I have some teeth I like to put everything in my mouth and chew. Mom decided to let me share her banana since I love my baby food bananas, obviously I don't like the real thing...


Along with all the other things I am learning to do, I have found my voice. I love making noises. Coughing is a great attention getter, and I babble all the time. Ba ba, da da, and ga ga are among my favorites.


In honor of Uncle Shawn and his favorite band K Paz De La Sierra I learned to make a great Mexican noise. If you listen closely you will hear it...

I am looking forward to signing with him when he comes to visit!!
This week out family had a fun and eventful weekend at home. Mom dressed me up in an outfit she made JUST for me, and we went on a walk down by the beach. I got to show off my happy-girl smile to the public, and got to play outside in the grass (not a big fan of grass, it is too cold).

Afterwards we spent some time swimming in the spa! I am getting more comfortable with the water, and mom says we will be able to take swimming lessons soon.


Now that I am BIG I get to wear bikini bottoms like mommy!

Grandma Schafer had given me my own cell phone when she was visiting, and I quickly learned how to use it (mimicking mom and dad is becoming really fun). As you can see I am going to be quite the phone talker...


After the long weekend Dad and I were exhausted. We had so much fun together that we both took a nap,



I sure LOVE my dad!