Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Fun

This week was full of fun!

My good friend Logan and I went to visit the Easter Bunny. I don't know why he was sitting in the middle of the mall, but none-the-less I was able to sit on his lap and take a picture. The Easter Bunny wasn't as cool as Santa Claus, but he came in a close second. Mom joked that he was the Easter Bunny equivalent of Billy Bob Thorton's character in Bad Santa...

After I met with the Easter Bunny I couldn't wait for the weekend to come.

On Friday night we drove down to Grandpa Ron's house in Jamul. I loved being there because I could crawl ALL around the house, and mom didn't have to monitor me like she does at home. Because of the soft carpet I was able to practice using my walker. Mom and Dad are SO proud of me, as I took my first official steps on my own:

As you can see I have become quite good at standing, and now have the desire to climb. Mom better baby-proof the house ASAP cause here I come...


On Saturday we got to go see my Great Grandma Jensen. While we were there she gave me an Easter Bunny that sang Peter Cotton Tail. I had lots of fun laughing at it! In the afternoon I put on my boat outfit and went down to see Grandpa Ron. I really liked being at the boat, and think I made a pretty good captain.




Dad even held me up and let me steer (Grandpa's boat is docked in the harbor and doesn't go anywhere, but I got to steer anyway)


I loved being at the boat and was able to take a LONG nap as the ocean waves rocked me back and forth. After playing all day on the boat Mom, Dad, and I went out to Jamul to dye some Easter Eggs to leave for the bunny. Dad didn't like the vinegar smell of the dye, so he kept his distance but still managed to give us some decorating tips. We even made some eggs for people who couldn't spend Easter with us this year. Uncle Shawn, Aunt Hayley (and Hollywood, Jack, Kahlua and Bugs, although I did wave hi to Bugs in the morning), Grandma Schafer (who was working on the mountain in Mammoth as the Easter Bunnies assistant- in full costume), Grandma Frankwick, and Grandpa Frankwick. Dad even made an Easter egg for his favorite dance crew The Jabbawoockeez (sp?). We were being very silly, but had lots of fun.


Before I went to bed I put out all the eggs, along with a note and carrots that I left for the Easter Bunny.


In the morning we woke up REALLY early and got ready to go to church. While mom and dad were busy getting themselves dressed I was allowed to crawl around the living room. To Mom's surprise when she came out of the bathroom I had managed to crawl to the ottoman, stand up, and pound on Dad's computer (the only thing in the whole room I shouldn't have been playing with)




Mom, Dad, Grandpa, and I all had a very nice time at church. I learned the special meaning of Easter, and am glad to know there is more to the holiday than just a bunny and some eggs. I was a good girl throughout the whole service and only made a couple peeps during prayer. When we got back to Grandpa's we took a family picture of our first Easter together.


After we changed into our play clothes we got to hunt eggs and open our Easter baskets. Hunting eggs was a lot of fun!!!


The Easter Bunny brought me all sorts of neat things, from rattles and sippy cups, to sweatshirts and toys. My favorite things to play with were the eggs in the basket. As with everything else the first place they went was my mouth.


Mom told Dad that it was OK for me to play with the dyed eggs, but she forgot that when I put them in my mouth the dye would come off. I had a blue mouth for the rest of the day...

While I was opening my Easter basket my family came over to spend Easter with me. Great Grandma Schafer, Connie, Randy, Ryan, and Brandon brought over an Easter feast and Mom and Dad ate until they felt sick!!! While they were busy gorging themselves I spent some time playing with Aunt Connie. She sure makes me smile!


The Umbargers brought me a puppy that talks and sings, and Great Grandma Schafer brought me a big Easter Bunny to play with. Holidays are AWESOME!!!

All the food and excitement left everyone feeling very tired. The Umbargers decided to go home and rest up for the dinner feast, while Ryan stayed behind to have some one-on-one time with me. I sure love my Uncle Ryan!


The crowds all came back to the house in the late afternoon and some of Grandpa's friends from the boat stopped by. I got to play with Ava, who is 6 months older than I am. I enjoyed watching her run around the house, and tried as hard as I could to keep up with her.

Our Easter festivities went on well into the evening, and all of us were exhausted from all the fun. We said our good-byes to the family and went back home for some rest and relaxation.
Easter was a special occasion and I am grateful for all the blessings I have been afforded.