Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Everyday I am learning to do new things.

Mom is giving me more freedom to be on my own, and I am loving it. As you will see, in this past week I have been doing lots of things like a big girl.

For about a month mom has been working on teaching me to use a sippy cup. At first I didn't like it because the flow of liquid was different than in a bottle. Mom would hold it up for me while I drank out of it. Now that I am big and strong I use a sippy cup at dinner time, and can hold it up all on my own.

Look how big and fat my cheeks are getting!!!

Seeing as how I use my two front teeth to bite on EVERYTHING, mom and dad decided to start letting me munch on different types of foods. My new favorite snack are snap peas; listen closely and you will hear my compers biting into the pea...



Bath time fun became even more fun when mom filled my tub with bubbles. My duckies and I had a good time splashing around, but the bubbles made the water taste funny! I am curious about everything, and like to stand up in the bathtub and survey my surroundings. I think it is great, but mom must feel otherwise because every time I stand up she is right there helping me back down.
My demanding shrieks asking for help to stand up are increasing as I want so bad to start walking. When mom realized that I am able to use objects around me to stand she decided to buy me a walker. I am very proud of myself for learning how to stand WITHOUT anyone helping me, but I get so excited to be on my feet that I shake with glee and fall down. I didn't know that standing could be so painful.

Last Saturday was my daddies birthday! After daddy got a haircut we went to lunch together. I kept trying to eat some of mom's food, so dad cut up an apple and mom let me try it.
It was fun biting into it, but the texture of the apple was a little weird. Despite the oddness, I kept going back for more.

In the afternoon we all took a trip to the bowling alley. Dad sat in the back with me and laughed at the new position I assume when in my car seat. He was teasing mom that I hold on because she is a crazy driver!

At the bowling alley dad let me dance around on the floor. I love being in public and getting lots of attention.

At home that night mom and I made daddy a lemon pie (one of his favorites) and we sang him happy birthday. Look at all those candles...

After they finished this birthday ritual dad shared his pie with me. I didn't like the lemon part too much, but the whip cream was awesome.

Monday was another holiday, and I got to play in the yard in my St.Patrick's day outfit. I enjoyed being in the sunshine, but wasn't given much freedom to roam given that the back yard is Jackson's Territory (mom says he hides booby-traps).


Later that afternoon mom and I went to Goldenspoon and shared some Mint Ice Cream to celebrate my Irish heritage. I have decided that I like holidays; you get to dress up, eat good food, and participate in silly rituals. I am eager with anticipation for Easter as mom tells me I will really enjoy it- I mean come on, bright colored eggs, candy, bunnies, what is there not to enjoy!!!

We are spending the rest of this week preparing for an Easter celebration with my family. Mom tells me that I will be doing all sorts of "first time" things this weekend (dying eggs, getting an basket from the Easter Bunny, going to church, etc.) so come back next week for my tale of Easter fun!