Monday, February 25, 2008

Time is going by so fast!

I am already 7 months old!

Mom says time is going by way to fast! Each day is a new adventure, and I am learning so much! The past couple weeks were full of excitement, so make yourself comfortable, cause you're in for a long read...

Mom decided it would be good for me to play with a new friend this week. I was hesitant at first, but after meeting her we quickly became buddies. She was really funny looking and we spent hours laughing at one another - I even showed her how to play patty cake. We got along really well, and now we get play together almost everyday.
Friends are cool!!!

As you can see I have perfected sitting up, and really like to be in this position.
This week mom decided to take me on a trip to main street (in Huntington Beach, where I live). Before we could go she had to get me ready (what a process)! After she lathered me with sunscreen, she put on my hat and sunglasses and got me all dressed up in my beach wear for a stroll down the board walk. She even let the stroller seat face out so I could see all the people and the beautiful scenery.
I got to celebrate my first Valentines day on Thursday. Mom and I woke up early and made daddy some heart pancakes for breakfast. After he left for work we occupied our time by cleaning the house and getting it ready for the nice dinner we had planned for the evening. It was a lot of fun watching mom cook dinner, but it was even better watching daddy's face when he came home and saw what we had done for him! After the family finished eating (yes I got to stay up late) we all went into my play room and hung out together. I showed dad how I can military crawl, and he was very proud of me.
I sure love my daddy, and was glad he said he would be my #1 Valentine.
After months of picking on me from under the gum, my first tooth officially came out to play on February 18th. It's a sharp little guy, and I demonstrated that to mom when she tried to feel it by biting her. It was not a bite with malicious intent, I just don't like it when she sticks her finger in my mouth. After my tooth came through, one would assume that the pain of teething would go away- but no. My other bottom tooth isn't too far behind, and this one is proving to be quite a booger. I get a little bit of pain from it poking at my gum and hope it will surface soon. Until then I will continue to gnaw on everything in sight!
If you look closely, you can see it poking out...
Even though I am teething I am a very happy baby.

My skills are improving at an alarming rate! Last week I learned to scoot across the floor, and now I am able to use my arms to pull me around (mom calls this my military crawl). It won't be too long before I am able to us my legs as well. I like this new found independence; if I need something I don't have to call for mom like I used to, now I just maneuver myself to the object of my desire. After mom and dad realized how mobile I was becoming they baby proofed my downstairs play room. I now have carpet and a weird gate thing that lets me see out, but doesn't let me get out. Mom says they had to take out all the things that I could get hurt playing with. I sure like my new room, don't you?


This week we got to go up to Mammoth to visit Grandma Schafer. It was really weird, I don't remember traveling. I went to bed at home and woke up in Mammoth! Mom said I was such a good girl that I slept through the whole 6 hour drive (they drove from 9pm to 3am)! It was great seeing Grandma, and I didn't waste any time before I began showing off all of my new talents. She was particularly proud of me when I showed her how I can do a side plank!


Grandma was able to take the weekend off of work so that dad and mom could go snowboarding while she watched me. The two of us had all sorts of fun!! We talked, laughed, ate, you name it.

We had so much fun together that I conked out.


After I took my nap, Grandma showed me how to stand up. I was very proud of myself, but now want to stand up all the time.


The next day, while mom and dad were on the hill, Grandma bundled me up and took me on a walk to the lodge to show me off to her co-workers. They were all very nice, but I really enjoyed meeting Wooly! It was fun being out in the snow and I am looking forward to playing in it when I get big!


We were sad to leave Mammoth, but I was eager to get back to my home.


Things are happening so fast for me, one day I was content sitting in my boppy chair and now I want to roam around and explore this big world. I can't wait to find out what I will be able to do next!!!