Sunday, April 6, 2008

In a few short weeks I will be 9 months old!


Mom says that time is going by too fast, but I love every new day as it brings wonderful experiences. Now that I am crawling I love to explore. Mom lets me loose in the house, and although she always has an eye on me, I am free to move. I have encountered many interesting items, but my favorite by far is the cord attached to the vacuum. Mom doesn't like it to much when I play with it (she says its icky), but every chance I get I B-Line towards it. Each night while Mom makes dinner for Daddy I am allowed to sit on the kitchen floor and play. Cooking utensils are the best toys Because they make lots of noise and rarely get boring.

Speaking of toys, I am finally BIG enough to sit on my rocking horse ALL BY MYSELF!


Can you believe how big I have gotten? It must be all the good advice Mommy is getting from other moms . Last weekend we went to my friend Bella's 1st birthday party. I had a great time with the other kids, and Mom and Dad got to hang out with other Mommies and Daddies. My friend Genesis was there, she is lots older and bigger than I am so she helped take care of me.



Aunt Andrea and Uncle Kevin were there as well. I was hanging out with them and got to drink water out of a big-person's-bottle for the first time.



I had a little trouble drinking and made a small mess. To make me feel better Kevin took the bottle and poured some water all over his head.


I thought he was so silly that I took the bottle and dumped it on my own head! I don't know what Kevin was thinking; it looked like a lot more fun than it felt!!!



The coldness scared me for a minute, but shorty thereafter I was back playing along with the other kids with a BIG smile on my face.



While we were there mom spent some time talking with other moms and getting advice about baby foods. What ever they told her I am grateful because from then on she started feeding me all sorts of stuff.
One night at dinner time Mom let me eat a cracker off of her plate.


I thought it was SO yummy that I just couldn't get enough:

Aunt Stephanie came into town for a wedding this week, and we got to pick her up from the airport. Mom told me lots about her, but this was the first time we got to meet. Grant and Reed couldn't come this trip, but I am going to go visit them soon. I hear they are bigger than me now!


Dad, Mom, and I got to go out to eat with Stephanie, Kristin (her big Sister) and Denise (her Aunt). I really enjoyed spending time with her family, and guess what...


I got to sit in the high chair at the restaurant!!!

I sure was proud of myself!

It was my first time since our family doesn't go out for dinner. This was such a treat!!! I got to eat my apple puffs while Steph fed me some yummy veggies.

I was definitely a HAPPY girl

After dinner we drove down to Grandpa Ron's house, whom I will refer to from now one as "Pa."
I wasn't feeling to well as I went to bed that night, and Mom and Dad had to take turns holding me as I slept. My nose was really runny, and I was having troubles breathing when my Nuk was in. In the morning I got to spend some time with Pa. We watched TV together, and then he let me eat some of his toast that he had made for breakfast. I really liked the crunch of the toast. Pa thought it was funny feeding me, so he brought all sorts of stuff from the kitchen for me to try. My favorite of the bunch was tortilla. Mom kept a close watch on our feast- she is always surveying EVERYTHING I do...

While we were busy pigging out Aunt Connie and Uncle Brandon stopped by to see me. They dressed me up in a silly hat Pa had brought out and all had some good laughs


After they left I got another surprise: Great Grandma Schafer came over!!! She brought some strawberries with her, and I was really excited because after they were washed and cut, I got to try one. It was an odd taste and texture, but after the first yucky bite I found that strawberries are quite yummy.



Great Grandma Schafer stayed and played with me until my nap time. When I woke up we were down at Pa's boat. What another wonderful surprise. In the late afternoon dad invited some friends down to hang out with us. I was so excited that Jason and Liz brought Wrigley along for me to play with. As you can see Wrigley is a small Doggie- much smaller than Jackson, and even smaller than Fourth still. She weighs only 5 pounds- Mom says I used to be that little.

Once the two of us became acquainted Wrigley and I had lots of fun playing with one another.

We had a fun night with all our friends, and mom even let me try a small bite of pizza crust. My goodness food is AWESOME!

Our friends left as I got my evening bottle, and to my surprise we didn't go home when it was bed time; instead we stayed right there on Pa's boat!!! I even got my own room like a big girl. The rocking of the boat helped me go to sleep, but couldn't do much to help my cold. It was hard for me to breathe, and mom and dad had to comfort me all night. Sleeping on daddies chest made my cold feel much better.

In the morning Mom and I got up and played in the boat until Pa came down. While he was eating an orange he cut me my own slice. I was a little hesitant on the first bite, but LOVED the taste and feel.


As you will witness I was eagerly going back for more:



I was sad when I finished it all, but found that the orange rind feels good on my gums. A great all-natural aide for teething according to Mom.


After I finished with my orange, I got to explore the boat and found the stairs. There weren't many, only two, but I was curious about them. It didn't take me long to figure out how to climb them. Watch out now, because I am climbn' fool!


The trip back down the stairs was a different experience. With a landing pad placed at the bottom mom and Pa watched as I made my descent. I rolled onto my back and popped right up. Mom isn't too excited about my fascination with stairs, and has informed me that there will be NO stair exploration at our house.

I sure had a fun time hangin out with my Pa and was sad when we had to leave.



Tomorrow my Grandma Frankwick is coming to visit me, and she will be staying for two whole weeks. I am so ecstatic that I am counting down the minutes until I get to see her!!! Check back next week for details of all the fun we are going to have.