Thursday, June 13, 2013

Last Week of School; Summer is Finally Here!!

 The end of May was incredibly busy in our household, and the last week of school flew by.  Before leaving town for work, Dad joined the family in celebrating Macie's last day in the Sunshine Room!


It was a BIG deal for her to finish her first year of preschool- she was SO proud of herself!


In her classroom, Macie posed for pictures with her friends and her teachers.




 That night we had a special dinner to celebrate, and Mom made purple mash potatoes.  Unfortunately, the weren't the "big hit" that Mom was hoping they would be.




On Thursday, I had my last full day of school, so Mom let me choose my outfit (accessories and all).  



Mom couldn't believe how grown up I looked, and how fast time had flown by.  My last year of preschool was over, and soon I will be off to Kindergarten.




At Chaparral we walked our path to class, and Mom made sure to document the whole thing.


She also made me pose for pictures with my teachers and friends.



 Before bed that night I was so excited for my last day of school that I could hardly sleep.


 In the morning Mom made a "last day of school" breakfast.




We had a half day at school, and got to wear our pajamas!!!  


Mom was a little sentimental as we made our walk to class that day.


We stopped at all our photo spots on the way in to document my last day of preschool.





I had a fun day with all my friends, but was sad when the day came to an end and we all had to say goodbye.




 

 

Macie stopped in to say a final goodbye to her friends in the Sunshine Room.



Back at home Summer Break began.  Many lazy days of fun and silliness are in our future...


That weekend we got a surprise visit from Grandma Judy and were super excited to see her.  We spent lots of time in the pool during her visit, but HAD to take her down to the Children's Museum to play.



Grandma Judy couldn't believe how much Presley had grown in 4 short weeks...


 

 Grandma wasn't able to stay long, but we were glad she was able to spend some time with us.  Later that week Macie received an invitation to my birthday party in the mail- she was super excited.  My party is on the 22nd of June, and I can hardly wait.


Our family took advantage of the first few weeks of summer by relaxing at home. Thanks to Uncle Will, Macie and I have been able to go to the park to play while Mom stays home with Presley.  Check out how good I am on the monkey bars now...




 Macie and I had fun interacting with Presley, and she is finally starting to communicate.  She makes a funny looking crocked smile that we find hilarious...


Now that Presley is 6 weeks old she is developing fast.  She still takes 4 whole ounces of milk, and Mom has to pump every few hours to keep up with her demand for food.


After taking a bottle she spends time on her play mat.



After about an hour she is exhausted and passes out!  She loves sleeping on her Daddy... 


We are glad that Aunt Hayley lives close by, because she has been spending lots of time at our house.  She enjoys watching Presley grow, and gets a kick out of seeing her with Hollywood.  Here is how how Aunt Hayley cares for a baby...

 Play Time:
 
Food Time:



Burp Time:

After Hayley gets her "Presley time" in, Mom puts her to work.  Since summer is here and the temperatures are well into the 100s, Mom insisted she shave the animals.   Eddie Axl Fluffy Van Halen looked pretty awesome when she was done!!!


Dad has been enjoying the weekends at home with the family.  He chills out in the pool with us, and we all have a good time.





 To give Mom and Presley some time alone, Dad has been taking us around town.  We love hanging out with Dad because we ALWAYS get to do fun things....




Our family is having the BEST time with our baby.  It is great that she is finally beginning to respond to our faces and our voices.  I like to spend lots of time holding her!





 We can't believe that it has almost been two months since Presley joined our family.  She is growing SO quickly that Mom wants to slow down time.

Our family is truly blessed with three healthy, happy, little girls!!!