Thursday, November 1, 2012

California!!!

Mom was super excited that it was finally October; candy, spooky decorations,candy, scary movies- what's not to love?!?!

This year, after decorating our house (October 1st), we took off for California to visit friends and family.  The day we left town, Dad took us to school to give us an extra special goodbye...


 We took him on our walking path, and showed him how we stop and at the bench for out daily photo op.


When Mom picked us up from school the car was packed and we hit the road.  The drive to Orange County was LONG, and I couldn't help but ask Mom if we were there yet every time I opened my mouth. We arrived at Jeff and Susan's right before bed, and feasted on some nuggets before passing out in bed.

The next morning we woke up bright and early, excited to see what the day held.  After playing around the house in the morning, Mom and Susan packed the car to take us to Disneyland.  I made sure to stop and "pose" in front of our old house!!!


Disneyland was dressed up for Halloween and BOY did  it look cool!


We spent a few hours walking around the park, but ended up spending a lot of time in line.  Mom couldn't figure out where all the crowds came from, but it was busy.  While in line Mom and Susan tried to keep us entertained, but we got a little restless.


After watching the "Parade of Music", we were pooped and ready to go home.  Poor Macie was so tired that she fell asleep on the walk back to the car...


The next morning we arrived early at California Adventure and went straight for Cars Land!!!  It was the first time Macie and I had been to the newly opened part of the park, and we couldn't wait to try out the new rides.


Unfortunately, the park was busy again, so we tried to keep occupied during the long waits.






Wendy met us at the park mid day, and joined us for some rides.  Our favorite was Mater's Tractor Pull- we all agreed it was awesome!!!



After a few more rides we were ready for a snack, so Mom and Susan took us for a special treat- Ice Cream!!!!!!!!!




When we were all finished we walked through Bug's Land and rode a few more rides before heading home to Jeff and Charlie.


When we got home we discovered that Charlie found a new toy- my slinky.  Watching a dog play with a slinky HAS TO BE one of the FUNNIEST things ever:






The next morning we took our time getting ready at the house.  A storm had brought lots and lots of rain the night before, so we waited for the sun to come out before heading back to Disney.  Macie was in a rather sulky mood, and Mom couldn't resist photographing it for evidence...


She perked up once we were back at the park!
 

As Mom watched Macie walk through the lines, she found herself wondering when Macie grew up?  Now that she is 3 it seems that she is capable of doing everything on her own.



When the rain started to come down, Mom took me to ride on Splash Mountain while Macie hung out with Susan and Wendy in Storybook Land.  I had been really looking forward to a ride on Splash Mountain, but once I was there in the cold hearing all the screams I became fearful.  I told Mom I had changed my mind, but after an hour wait she told me that I had made my choice and I was following through with it.  For the first half of the ride I pitched a LOUD and OBNOXIOUS fit- so LOUD and OBNOXIOUS in fact, that Mom was worried social services may come investigate.  When we started the ascent for the big drop I started hyper ventilating- keep in mind I have been on the ride a million times.  Mom was flabbergasted, and a little frustrated, but decided to cover my head with her sweater so that I wouldn't be scared.  Here we are going down the drop:


After the drop I pulled the sweater off my head and told Mom that "it wasn't bad at all".  I finished the remainder of the ride laughing and singing, and then had the audacity to ask Mom if we "could do it again".  Needless to say, she didn't respond.

Mom, who got sopping wet, carried me across the park where we met up with everyone for some more rides.  Macie and I snuggled up in the stroller and were comfortably transfered from ride to ride!


 
We LOVED Mr. Toads Wild Ride, and stopped to pose in the cool town car afterwards.




We rode It's a Small World one more time before declaring defeat- we were all tired from 3 days of fun and were ready for some sleep.


We didn't make it much longer- by the time we hit the freeway both Macie and I were passed out!!!



The next morning we spent some time with Jeff, Susan, and Charlie before packing the car and heading down to San Diego.  We arrived in Pacific Beach mid day, and after meeting up with Grandma went straight to the beach!!!


Dressed in our clothes (we didn't want to waste anytime changing into beach clothes), we made castles, played in the ocean, and had a blast!!!




That night at Grandma's house Macie and I helped Grandma bake some Oatmeal cookies!  Macie was glad to help out!



That night, while Macie and I were sleeping Mom picked Dad up from the airport so that he could join us for the weekend in San Diego!!

We woke up the next morning super excited to see him.  We spent the early morning at the house terrorizing the cat and watching Saturday morning cartoons on TV!


When everyone was up, we dressed for the beach.  While Grandma was braiding my hair I took the opportunity to pose for some pictures...



Everyone got a good laugh out of it!

At the beach Macie and I spent hours jumping the waved with Grandma Judy- boy did we have a fun time!


 

 

 Eventually Macie and I got brave enough to venture into the ocean ourselves!!!


Both Macie and I were fascinated with the seaweed and couldn't stop trying to top the bubbles!!!



 That night, at Paul and Grandma's house, we had a dinner party with Abby, Daniel, and Lily.  It was a blast running around with them- there was lots of laughter in the house that night.  Before bed we all dressed in our footie pajamas and took a few pictures together!

 

 

 The next morning we had to pack up the car to get ready to return to Arizona.  Before leaving we spent a quick hour at the beach- we just can't get enough.  After saying goodbye to Paul and Grandma, we drove out to the Umbarger's where we spent the afternoon. 

It was a day full of family, food, and fun.  Check Macie out in Uncle Randy's glasses- silly huh?!?!


One of my favorite things to do was play the piano with Pa.  After hearing me play, both Mom and Dad decided we would be buying one for the house.


It was SO great seeing the family, and we LOVED seeing Aunt Liz with a baby in her tummy.  I can't wait for a cousin because family is AWESOME!!!


 It was a LONG drive back to Arizona, and although was sad to have left California, I was glad to be home in my own bed.  Even though October is half over, Macie and I have a calendar FULL of events, so check back soon for Halloween party pics...