Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Here We Go Again...

The day after my big concert the family packed up the car and drove to California. We arrived late at night (2am) and, to my dismay, had to go straight to bed. When I woke up in the morning I was SO excited to see Grandma- we spent the morning in bed playing dolls and reading books together!


Dad had work meetings downtown, so while he was busy, Macie, Mom, and I hung out at the beach and spent time with Grandma. We played with some friends,



and climbed in and out of the big trenches in the sand.


The next day we spent the morning at the beach again, and then had a picnic lunch with Grandma!



In the afternoon we drove out to see Pa. He was camping at Lake Jennings, so we hung out at his campsite and played around; it was really beautiful!



After eating dinner we roasted marshmallows, and Mom decided I was finally old enough to do it all by MYSELF!!!



Although roasting the marshmallows over fire was fun, my favorite part is still eating the fruits of my labor.



Pa was glad that we had come out to visit, but was NOT HAPPY about all my tattoos- in fact, he kept making comments about them, and how I am NEVER allowed to get real ones. We explained to him the reason I had all the tattoos (my concert outfit), but he didn't seem to find the humor in any of it...

While I was busy being lectured Macie kept herself busy by eating s'mores and making a big mess!




We all had a great time visiting with Pa at his campsite! The rest of the week we hung out at the beach with the family, playing in the sand, building castles, swimming in the water, and hammin' it up for the crowd...


When the weekend came we drove out to Jamul to meet Pa's family for a birthday celebration! We had a birthday party for all the Frankwick girls that celebrate (or will celebrate) their birthdays this summer; I turned 4, Mom turned older, and Macie is turning 2 in 6 weeks.

Mom made Macie and I special birthday outfits to wear for the party, but had a hard time getting the two of us to pose together, while looking and smiling...


Finally, after minutes of frustration, she conceded and took separate pictures of the two of us.





Having a party at the park was a great idea (thanks Aunt Connie!!!), because there was SO many fun things to do, and SO many people willing to do them with us...

Aunt Connie pushed us on the swings for as long as we wanted (not Mom's favorite thing to do).



Now that Macie is almost 2, she is able to do most things at the park on her own:


the slide being one of her new favorites.



I had fun climbing up and down the big girl climbers,


but really enjoyed the teeter totter with my friend Aidan (t00 bad we aren't the same size)...


All the playing made us hungry, so after eating pizza we all gathered around the table for some birthday cake.


Everyone sang happy birthday to all 3 of us, and Macie couldn't wait to dig right in!


I scarfed down a big piece of Mom's chocolate cake,


while Macie chose a piece of vanilla with strawberries (Mom was glad because it makes less mess)...



Since we were among family, Mom allowed us to use our hands since the forks couldn't get the cake in our mouths fast enough...



Everyone in the family enjoyed sitting together, eating cake, and catching up with one another.



Full of food, and tired from play, we all sat around the picnic tables and opened presents!!!

Macie dove right into a gift from Aunt Liz and Uncle Ryan, and was SO excited when she discovered a cookie monster inside!




She also opened a remote control train, and couldn't wait to get home to use it!





I opened a bunch of great presents- really excited to get lots of prince dolls to go with my princesses, but at the time was only interested in wearing Aunt Connie's high heels- I am such a girly girl!!!



Macie lost interest in her new toys when she discovered there was candy in one of her gift bags. She kept sneaking back over to the table to grab more when she thought Mom wasn't looking- she will soon learn that Mom is ALWAYS looking....

Caught red handed:


Mom and Dad dressed us in our jammies, cleaned up the food and packed the car in preparation for our 6 hour drive back to Arizona while Macie and I spent time with the family.



Uncle Ryan and I had fun dressing up the dogs and being silly together!


We all had a great time at our party and are thankful to everyone who came out to celebrate with us!!!

Back home the following week we enjoyed the last week of summer fun. Mom took me into the salon to get a hair "trim" (any mention of the word "cut" brings tears and a tantrum). I loved sitting in the chair getting pampered...


I went to my final week of princess dance camp and got to dress up life Tinkerbell on the first day.




While I was at camp Mom and Macie went to "my camp" and rode the train.


On "Sleeping Beauty Day" I got to bring my doll along with me and was really excited...


While I was dancing my heart out at camp that day Mom, Macie, Aunt Hayley, and Hollywood went to the mall for some shopping fun:


The crowds couldn't get enough of Macie and her outfit that day- thanks Miss Elizabeth!!!


On the last day of camp I got to wear my Cinderella costume, and was SO excited!


Here I am with some of the friends I met at camp.


My whole family in Arizona, Dad, Mom, Macie, Aunt Hayley, and Hollywood, showed up at my recital that afternoon to watch me dance- here is the video:

(to be posted very soon)

Our family leaves for our trip to Wisconsin in couple days and can't wait to see Dad's family again! I hope they are prepared for the craziness!!!