Monday, August 1, 2011

Guess Who Turned 4...

On the eve of my 4th birthday Mom sat me down and we had "the talk."

She explained to me that not only did turning 4 mean that I "turn 4", but it also meant that it was time to start accepting the responsibilities that come with growing up. She went on to tell me that I would need to start helping with the household chores, mainly things like cooking, cleaning, and tidying up (making my bed in the am, and putting away my princess and their accessories at night).

That night, after Macie went to bed, Mom and I went down to the kitchen for my first task as a "big girl"- making my birthday cake!!!

Mom strategically placed all of the kitchen items we would need to make a double layer cake, filling, and frosting!


It was awesome being allowed to have freedom to do things without Mom having a constant hand in the mix...

I got to pour, mix, and stir the ingredients together.


As much fun as it was to blend everything together, it was much more fun tasting the finished product- no wonder Mom likes to cook so much; she has been holding out on me!



Making the filling and frosting was a little less work- that is, we used a food processor, so all I had to really do was pour and press. Again, the best part was the tasting...


After the cake went into the oven, Mom and I went upstairs to read some books before bed. It was hard to fall asleep, as I couldn't wait for my big day to arrive. I woke up later than normal that following morning to Mom wishing me a "happy birthday!" I turned and gave her my best morning smile and rolled out of bed. The family went downstairs and discovered that the whole house was decorated and there were princess birthday balloons everywhere!!!

Macie and I sat down at the breakfast table and waited for the fun to begin...


At the table I was served the breakfast that I had requested: Cheesy Egg Omelet, toast, and berries. Mom made them extra special for my big day!


Even Macie loved her breakfast and ate with a BIG grin on her face as she sang me happy birthday in between bites (and sometimes during).


After both Macie and I were members of the "clean plate club" Mom and Dad let me open one present. I tore it open with enthusiasm,


and yelped with excitement as I unwrapped the beast doll I had been asking for (my princesses were a little tired of sharing the one prince doll I had, so my birthday request was princes for all the princesses- one down, 10 to go...).


Macie and I dressed for the long day of fun we had in front of us. I was starting my first day of cheer camp at Lifetime and couldn't wait to dance around with my friends. Since the color of the day at camp was blue, Mom made me a new birthday outfit that was blue from head to toe- my favorite part of the outfit was the tank top she made me with a large four in blue glitter so that everyone would know that I was now 4!!!



Macie dressed in her cup cake tutu and shared in the birthday fun!


Cheer Camp at Lifetime was AMAZING- I learned all sorts of amazing new moves, and couldn't wait so show them off. Mom picked me up from camp and the Frankwick girls went to lunch. My birthday request for lunch was to eat a "pizza with my name on it" from the Lifetime Cafe (one afternoon when we were at Lifetime swimming Mom lured me out of the pool by telling me that there was a pizza in the cafe with my name on it that was waiting to be eaten- little did she know I took her literally and was upset when a plain cheese pizza was placed in front of me.) Since it was my birthday she told me she would see what she could arrange. To my surprise I got exactly what I wished for (thanks to Mom bringing pizza sauce in a bag and writing my name on it before it was brought to my table)!!




Dad showed up for lunch just as we began to eat, and I was SO happy my entire family was there to celebrate with me!



After lunch Dad had to go back to work, but before leaving he gave us some special Eskimo kisses.



At Open Gym Macie and I played with our friends Dean and Graham- I couldn't have asked for better friends to play with on my birthday- they are tons of fun!

Macie and Graham are buddies,


and I consider Dean to be one of my best friends in AZ- he is the highlight of gymnastics!!!


I was so grateful he was there to celebrate my birthday with me that I couldn't stop hugging him.



Since I was 4 I decided I would "suck it up" as mom says, and try the zip line again. I had been fearful of it recently and refused to go on it. Mom was delighted when I walked onto the podium...

Once the instructor let go I took off over the pit,



and landed safely in a big pile of fluffy cheese- now that I am 4 it wasn't scary at all!

I only took one ride on the zip line, deciding that I enjoyed jumping off blocks with Dean to be much more exhilarating...



Even Macie was feeling a little reckless and took a walk on the wild side by jumping on and off the toddler blocks...


Back at home Macie, Mom, and I rested up in hopes of re-energizing ourselves for a big afternoon. We all woke feeling refreshed and ready to start the fun. While Mom was tending to Macie I grabbed her purse, the car keys, and my shades, and told her I was heading to the car...Mom couldn't believe how "big" her "little" girl really was, with tears in her eyes she made me pose for a picture- Mom also can't believe how much I am beginning to look like her (it may be the shades, the outfit, the attitude, or a combination of those 3, but she is starting to see a little Kristin emerge).


We loaded into the car and met Aunt Hayley at the train park for some afternoon fun before dinner. Aunt Hayley showed up looking beautiful in my favorite color (which she chose intentionally knowing how much I love it), and her, Macie, and I boarded the train looking quite fabulous.


Aunt Hayley was super fun to ride with, as she oohed, aahed, and yelled in all the right places. Here we are yelling in the tunnel...


We made our way to the carousel immediately after departing the train.



I chose a pink horse and mounted him all by myself!


Aunt Hayley and Macie rode the brown horse a few rows behind me and watched as I hooted, hollered, and yee-hawed untill the ride came to a stop.


All the excitement worked up quite the appetite for all of us, so we left the train park and headed for some sushi!!! When we arrived at RA, both Macie and I insisted on holding Aunt Hayley's hand while walking through the parking lot.



Once we were seated I tore into my chopsticks with anticipation of the yummy food to come...



Macie used her chop sticks as props while she showcased her antics to anyone that looked her way...



Dad arrived shortly after and witnessed from afar the insanity that is Macie- she was in the middle of throwing everything in reach off the table and laughing as she did so.

When the food arrived I was ready to dig in- here I am showing off my muscles (Mom and Dad said that if I eat healthy foods like sushi my muscles will grow big and strong!)


When the chopsticks became too much to manage I went right to old faithful...


After we were finished I pleaded with Mom to let me eat the lollipop I got from a store Aunt Hayley and I were browsing in while waiting to be seated.


While I pled my case to Mom, Macie kept busy playing peek-a-boo with her napkin...at this point in the dinner Mom had let table manners fly out the window as long as Macie was quiet and polite.




Minutes after Mom gave me the final VETO on the lollipop the waitress arrived with dessert and I understood why Mom had said NO!


It was a good thing she did, because the dessert was AWESOME!!!



Before I knew it, the WHOLE FAMILY was digging in...



With full bellies we all drove back to the house to continue my Birthday celebration!!! John joined us right as I tore into my first gift. I opened all sorts of great presents, and had a huge smile on my face the whole time!




Macie watched from afar and cheered me on as I ripped open each package- I think she was just as excited as I was...




After I was done opening all my gifts Mom brought out the cake that we had spent hours on (mixing, baking, decorating, etc. It was all homemade, and home decorated by me!!!


I smiled with enthusiasm as the whole family sang happy birthday to ME!!!






I wasted no time waiting, and promptly dug into a piece- it was great tasting the fruits of my labor.


My 4th birthday turned out to be better than I could have imagined, and I was incredibly grateful to everyone who helped make me feel super special!!!

That weekend I got another birthday surprise when my friend Bella and her family came over for a post birthday bash! We played, sang, swam, and when we were done sat down in our princess dresses for a feast of DinoNuggets and fries!!!

Once our dinner was finished Mom brought out some cupcakes and everyone sang happy birthday to me again!!!


I loved celebrating my birthday again, and really LOVED getting the chance to have more cupcakes- Macie and Bella enjoyed them too!!





It is a big responsibility being 4, but I am looking forward to stepping up to the plate this coming year and showing Mom and Dad just how successful I can be!!!