Thursday, March 17, 2011

We LOVE California!!!

We drove out to California late on Thursday night, eager to see all of our friends and family. As soon as we crossed over the bridge into Mission Beach (around midnight) I shrieked with excitement. All I wanted to do was go play at the bay, but Mom insisted we go straight to bed- talk about a party pooper. In retrospect I am glad we made that decision, because shortly after we settled into Grandma's I got sick, and believe me- it was NO fun!!! By 2 am my tummy was empty, and I was able to fall asleep. First thing in the morning I woke with a smile, feeling much better, so Grandma Judy took Macie and I out to the beach to play in the sand. Despite my difficult night, there was no way I wasn't going to enjoy the beach.


Macie loved playing at the beach, and kept yelling "o-cean" as she ran up and down the sand.


Later that afternoon Mom took us to meet Miss Kristin's new baby, Amanda. I was SOOO excited to finally meet her.


Miss Janelle came over with her twin boys, and all of us had a great time.

Mom couldn't believe that she was sitting there with her friends and all the babies!!!


Back at the beach the following morning Miss Linda brought my friend Aidan over to play with me! We had an amazing time together at the beach, jumping waves and building things. Macie kept walking around in the sand exploring everything with extreme fascination.



We went back to Grandma's house to clean up and eat lunch. I was so happy that I got to spend time with Aidan and Miss Linda, they are lots of fun to be around.



In the evening we drove out to Aunt Connie's to see everyone. While I talked up a storm, Macie played ball with Chloe- what an arm!





After another day at the beach with Grandma we packed up the car and headed to Huntington Beach to visit family and friends. We all woke up bright and early, too excited to see Jeff, Susan, and Charlie to sleep! We had breakfast at home and then went up the street to McDonald's to play with Miss Nathalie's daughter Lyla. The three of us ran around the play place, but Macie and Lyla preferred playing on the floor rather than climbing around in the climber.


After a while I joined them on the clean floor.


Soon it became a game and all three of us pretended to "take naps."



It could have been all the excitement, or the McDonald's treat we ate for lunch, but whatever the reason Macie kept Mom up from 12am till 5:30am as she had come down with a bad case of the flu. I slept in the room during the whole debacle and other than my subtle snoring didn't make a peep. Around 7am I rolled over and greeted Mom, unaware of her difficult night. We went downstairs to let Macie catch up on some much needed rest. Once she was up, she was back to her old self- running around, laughing and playing. Thank goodness, because we had planned a whole day at Disneyland and I didn't want to miss out.

Once everyone was ready Susan, Mom, and Wendy packed up the car and all of us girls took us for some Dinsey FUN!!! Can you believe Mom let Macie and I wear our princess dresses to the park?!?!?

I don't know what I was more excited about...Disneyland, or my attire...


We spent an amazing two WHOLE days touring both parks at Disney, and it was amazing!!

Macie and I said "Hi" to all of the usual suspects and we had to take pictures with them all:




We even met some new friends, Mike Wizowski and Sully from a movie called Monsters Inc. I was unfamiliar with the movie, but Macie and I loved Sully at first sight!! We loved him SO much in fact, that Susan bought us some stuffed animals that we went nuts over!!!




I even gave up my seat and strapped Sully in the stroller so he was comfortable.


One of my favorite things at the park was going on the Toy Story ride- seeing Jessie (my favorite cowgirl) was awesome.


We spent our final day in Orange County running errands and hanging out at the house with Jeff, Susan, and Charlie. That night we ate dinner at home and Mom surprised us by buying the Monsters Inc. movie and letting us watch it before we hit the road- I LOVED it!!!

For the next few days Macie and I both battled with the flu making it difficult to do a lot during the day since we were so wiped out (we only got sick from 12am to 5am- lucky Mom!). We ended up staying in San Diego for an extra couple of days, and on Monday we went to Sea World with Pa before leaving for Arizona.


Macie went NUTS over Elmo again, wanting to stay with him forever!




Mom let me take a few pictures of the animals with her camera, and this particular animal was my favorite subject...


What a great photographer I am becoming!!!

Macie and I had a fun day with Pa and Michele and on stopped by the whale car for a quick pose on the way out.



After our first picture Macie started yelling and squirming- we couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally Mom realized she was yelling "get down Mom", so she took Macie out of the stroller and she immediately ran to the car to pose- what a ham Macie is becoming!!!


Our trip to California was a success, as we got to spend tons of time with friends and family. Although Macie and I were sick throughout most of our trip we didn't let it stop us from having a blast- what troopers we are!!!!!!!!