Thursday, March 17, 2011

Macie Turns One and a Half!!!!

With Macie's half birthday rapidly approaching Mom planned a week full of fun, too bad it began with a visit to the Doctor...

It wasn't as bad as anticipated, Macie only had to get a few shots and did surprisingly well, and I didn't have to get ANY! All the doctor really did was give us a check up- we discovered that Macie was 32 inches tall and weighed 23lbs, putting her in the 70th percentile for her age!!! I measured 37 inches tall and weighed 28lbs, putting me in the 20th percentile; a big jump from the 5th! (we celebrate small victories). The doctor said that Macie was extremely healthy, and that she was very proud of her development.

Right now Macie can say about 50 words, "no" and "have a nice day" seem to be among her ten top favorite things to say. She tends to be a tad shy when speaking in public, but warms up quickly. Macie is more of a observer than a doer (like me); she watches the world around her, absorbs EVERYTHING, and then decides how to proceed. Mom says she is very calculating and is definitely a thinker- she must get that from Dad since Mom and I often act first and think later.

Macie eats anything and everything you out in front of her, although she is partial to dino nuggets and fries (who isn't?!?!). Eggs are among her favorite foods as well as chocolate Muscle Milk and string cheese. Macie sleeps through the night like a champ (even though she is in Mom and Dad's room now), and still naps for 2 hours a day! She has become quite the social butterfly, always saying "hello" and "goodbye" in public, but is able to sit alone and entertain herself (I don't know how she does it, I need someone to acknowledge my presence or affirm my actions at all times). As you can see in the picture below Macie has most of her teeth in, although there are two top ones still pushing through, making her a little cranky.



Despite any crankiness Macie is quite a happy toddler and is becoming really fun to play with.

Now that Macie is old enough to participate, Mom took us to Open Gym and Macie loved being involved with all the fun- check her out on the trampoline:




I couldn't let Macie steal the show, so I jumped off the high platform in the cheese pit:





Our week got progressively more fun when Dad's family arrived in town! His Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dave came to stay at their winter home in Arizona (about 30 minutes from our house), and his cousin Lisa and her family came to visit! I couldn't wait to see the family, and play with my cousins!!!

We met everyone at the Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium and boy did we have a great time. There were tons of amazing animals to see, and we even got to take a train ride through an African safari.


I sat next to Carter, whom I proclaimed was "my new best friend."


Macie enjoyed meeting the family for the first time.


One of the highlights of our trips was finding out that I AM FINALLY BIG ENOUGH to go on a log ride- 37 inches tall baby, yeah!!!

It was as awesome as I had hoped it would be, and I wanted to go over and over.


I had such an amazing time with my cousins that I couldn't wait to see them again. Lucky for me we met them two days later at Rawhide, a western town and restaurant, where Macie and I dressed in our cowgirl best!



Carter and I immediately tore up and down the dirt streets laughing and playing with one another. Here we are in a mobile jail...


Mom and Dad decided that Macie and I needed some additions to our attire, so they stopped at the general store and bought us some cowgirl hats and a gun!!! Carter and Cooper bought some as well, and the four of us fit right in at Rawhide.



Even Macie liked her new hat (which is surprising since she usually hates things on her head.)



Carter and I had a great time playing around with our guns as we strolled through the town.


When it started to get dark the family went inside to eat some food and listen to some good old fashioned country music. The live band was asking for song requests so I asked them to play Sweet Child of Mine, to which they replied "tell your mom and dad that letting your child listen to Gun's N Roses should be considered child abuse." I laughed, obviosuly not understanding there response and then asked them to play some Conway Twitty, which they graciously agreed (after we put money in the tip jar).



While waiting for our food to arrive, Carter and I got our groove on.


After eating our food they brought out a cake to celebrate Tim's birthday.



We used this opportunity to also celebrate Macie's half birthday. Mom brought pink frosting and sprinkles to decorate pieces of cake for Macie and I. Dad couldn't stop laughing when she pulled them out of her purse.


Macie enjoyed her birthday cake,


but not as much as I did!



When my fork couldn't shovel the food in fast enough I resorted to using my fingers- much faster!!!


Before leaving the restaurant Carter and I danced together and had a blast!



When dinner was over we walked through the town, saw a live gun fight, and checked out all the cool old fashioned stores- we even got to ride a train!!


Before leaving Carter and I were thrown in the county jail, but because we were so cute we were let out early for good behavior.


After turning on the charm with the town Sheriff I was made a deputy- here I am swearing in...


Macie really enjoyed her half birthday, and we had an AMAZING time with our family!


Mom, Macie, and I leave for California in a couple days, so it may be a while before my next post, but I promise it will be worth the wait!