Thursday, March 17, 2011

Daddy Daughter Dance

After MONTHS of anticipation the day of the Daddy Daughter Dance finally arrived!

I was SO excited that the morning seemed to linger on and on, until I thought that the afternoon would never come. When it FINALLY did, Mom took me to the Spa to get ready for the dance. I felt like a princess, as the ladies pampered me while they worked their magic.


After getting my hair curled they placed a crown on my head and I couldn't stop smiling! I sat very still while I got a manicure, but couldn't wait to show off the purple polish I had picked out to wear with my matching dress for the dance.


I was pretty happy with the finished product, and promised not to bite my nails!


The last thing I got to do was get sparkly eye makeup! It was my first time wearing s0me, and now I am hooked!


Back at home Mom fixed my hair (she wasn't thrilled about the ghetto fabulous hair I got in the salon) and helped Dad get dressed. When the two of us were ready to go we took some pictures in the front yard together!





I LOVE MY DAD SOOOO MUCH!!!


When we arrived at Lifetime Mom let me put on my princess ball gown and I was so excited that I couldn't stop smiling.



Mom, Aunt Hayley, and Macie came along to take some pictures, put weren't allowed to stay at the dance. Poor Macie had to play in daycare while Mom and Hayley dropped us off so that she wouldn't get upset when she saw all the fun (next year Macie will get to go to the dance too!)

To make Macie feel better, Mom and Aunt Hayley promised her an ice cream party at home!

The inside of the gym was covered in pink and purple decorations, and Dad and I fit right in!


We immediately began to mingle with the other Dads and Daughters on the dance floor until it was time to eat.


Dad helped me to a table and, like a true gentlemen, made sure I was comfortable while he went to get our food.


I was really happy when he returned with a plate of spaghetti and pasta, but am sure that Mom (who was still lurking in the shadows with a camera) was having a heart attack that I would spill on my dress.



After dinner, and a few moves on the dance floor,










Dad and I went outside to take a horse and carriage ride.



Even though it was raining, I felt like a princess as we rode around the club.


Back inside the gym I spent some time at the craft table making a card for my Dad.



When I finished my card I got one of the best surprises EVER: The princesses showed up!!! My excitement could hardly be contained, and I made sure to meet and take pictures will all of them!


It was really neat when they hit the dance floor with the rest of us.




All the dancing left me pooped out, so I took a breather to eat a cookie.



After getting my energy back, I went into one of the rooms to watch the Little Mermaid on the big screen with my friend.


Before ending the night I posed for another picture with the princesses.

The night was a total success and totally worth the wait. On the way home Dad stopped and got me a happy meal, and the two of us ate nuggets while singing along with the Black Eyed Peas (my new obsession) on the way home. I had one of the best nights of my life, and am grateful to have such an amazing Dad.