Wednesday, July 28, 2010

California Trip: Week Three!!!

I think Dad left at a smart time because shortly after his departure Mom started frantically preparing for Miss Kristin's baby shower and we were immediately busy. Between running errands, doing projects, etc. we did manage to find some time for fun.

We went to another one of Pa's baseball games, and this time my friend Aidan came to watch with me. I was super excited to have a buddy!


Mom began feeling guilty that all the work she was doing for the shower was beginning to take away from my vacation fun so she took Macie and I to Sea World (although I we were still having tons of fun I was definitely not going to argue)

Upon our arrival we got to meet some Sea World characters and pose for pictures. Macie is a little camera shy, so I stepped up to the plate and smiled big enough for the both of us.



I have found that it tends to be a "hit or miss" whether or not you get to see certain animals, but this trip we got lucky. The big walrus was awake and swimming around, and upon seeing us became overly friendly. He came right up to the glass and gave me a big yawn- boy did I think that was cool!


Because Macie isn't walking on her own yet, Mom had to keep her confined to a stroller. She didn't seem to mind though, as she got a front row seat to see whales, dolphins, and all sorts of fish (which just happen to be among her favorites.)


After Sea World and a day with Grandma at the beach we went back to Pa's for a bonfire. Mom let me stay up late with the "big people" and roast marshmallows...


I love super toasty marshmallows, especially when we use them for S'mores. I helped make one for Grandma Jean and she informed us that it was the first, and the best, one she had ever had. If she is anything like me she will be hooked for life!!



Throughout the remainder of the week we took care of things for the shower and made pit stops to see friends along the way. When Friday finally arrived I was ecstatic because it was officially time for my pre birthday celebrations to begin. We kicked off the marathon with a visit to Chuck E Cheese!


After staring at him dance on stage he surprised me by coming down to say hello.


While we waited on the food I rode some rides, my favorite being anything I can drive or ride.



I was very fortunate that lots of people I love came to celebrate with me; Pa, Mikey, Grandma Judy, Ryan, Liz, Del, Austin, and Kia- I am sure a lucky girl!!!


While we were feasting on Pizza Chuck E. stopped by to say hello to Macie, and instead of being scared, she was fascinated and kept reaching out to touch him.



With so many distractions I had a hard time focusing on my food, but Aunt Liz helped keep me entertained and on task.


Seeing my Uncle Ryan always makes me so happy and this time was no different; I couldn't stop playing around with him- Mom says that Uncle Ryan was her favorite when she was little too!


When the food was finished Chuck E. Cheese came over to my table with a specail birthday cake just for me!



The coolest part was that he helped sing me the happy birthday song.






After the song I blew out the candles and daintily dove my finger right into the center (I was eager to get the first big bite, but didn't want to mess up the cake.)



It tasted just like it looked- chocolaty, and Mom and I were in heaven.


Macie is a little to young to enjoy Chuck E Cheese, but she was able to spend some quality time with both Pa and Grandma Judy, and that made her happy.




While Mom cleaned up the table Ryan, Liz, and I went on some rides. I rode a race car with Uncle Ryan,


and took a roller coster ride with Aunt Liz- we were going through the bumps at top speed-if you are skeptical check out Liz's hair blowing in the wind.


I had a super fun time playing with my Aunt and Uncle and look forward to doing many more fun things with them in the future.



I left Chuck E Cheese that night exhausted from all the excitement and full of happiness and gratitude for my amazing family and friends.

That next morning we woke up bright and early and started to prepare for the afternoon baby shower Mom had been planning for months. We loaded up the cars and drove out Miss Paula's house to start the set up. The shower went incredibly well, and Mom was very impressed with the outcome. Lots of nice people came to the party to help Miss Kristin celebrate the upcoming birth of her baby girl Amanda. I had been fearful that the day would be boring, but it was anything but- there were SO many friends there that Macie and I didn't slow down until the last guest left.



It was nice for mom to catch up with some of her friends and meet the new additions- Miss Janelle just had two twin boys!!!


Just as I did when Macie was in Mom's tummy, I spoke to Amanda and told her that I couldn't wait for her arrival so that we could play together.



While Mom was cleaning up the mess from the shower Macie occupied herself with a drumstick- a cuisine that Mom wished she had introduced sooner considering it kept Macie busy for almost a half an hour. You could tell by the look on her face that she was in "hog heaven"...


Once full, Macie put on a show for the crowd and it was then that Mom realized she has two little crowd pleasers on her hands.


I had an amazing time at Miss Paula's house, and made some great new friends.



I hope that Miss Kristin enjoyed the baby shower, and CAN'T wait until little Amanda is born.



After the long day Mom, Macie, and I went back to Grandma's to prepare for our trip back home. Thanks to Grandma Judy Mom was able to pack while we got to play. In the morning Mom loaded the car and Macie and I spent time saying our goodbyes to Pa and Grandma. We were grateful that they were both incredibly accommodating and hope they enjoyed our stay as much as we did.

At the airport Mom was impressed with Macie and my behavior. We ate, slept, and played on call, and Mom couldn't have been more proud of her two little ladies. On our layover in Tennesse there was a play place where Macie and I got to burn some energy. While playing I discoevered the allure of being on stage...







The passerby's couldn't help but comment on my performance and that only fueled the fire...




Mom couldn't get enough of my performing, and the half hour of exertion tired me out for the next flight. We made it back home without incident, and were happy to have our family together again. Going to bed was difficult since my birthday was rapidly approaching. I went to sleep with visions of cake and princesses in my head, and hope that it lives up to my expectations...