Thursday, June 11, 2009

Finally!!!!!!

After a month of Internet issues, Dad FINALLY fixed the problem with Mom's computer and now I am able to post pictures from the past month!!! Prepare yourselves for the long blog ahead...


The week after we returned from Miss Heather's wedding Mom and I began preparing for our big move. Sorting and packing weren't much fun, so mom promised that each afternoon, when I woke from my nap, we would have some fun time.

Lucky for me she came through on her promise. Each afternoon Mom had something planned for us to do. We spent as much time with our family and friends at our favorite places as possible! As our final week approached, Mom and I reminisced about all the fun times we had living in San Diego. I had grown up SO much over the past 6 months, and had experienced many new and incredible things, but NOTHING compared to the time I was able to spend with my family; that is something I will ALWAYS remember.

One of the neat things I learned how to do was jump on the trampoline ALL BY MYSELF, check it out, I can get like 3 feet of air...

We took a trip to the beach for the weekend to say our goodbyes to Grandma Judy before we left. The first thing we did when we arrived was hang out at my favorite park on the beach. I impressed Grandma Judy by showing her how strong I have become by hanging on the bar above the slide. Soon I will be able to do a pullup...


I have finally grown tall enough to get on the playground equipment by myself, but Mom is concerned because I have NO fear! Mom didn't have a video to upload like I'd wanted, and unfortunately a picture does not do it justice, but my favorite thing to do is throw all of my body weight back and forth and get going really fast. Of course I love every minute of it.

Going on the swingset with Grandma Judy is always fun because she swings me MUCH higher than Mom does.

Check out my smile as I fly through the sky.

After we played around at the park we went back to Grandma Judy's house to grab a snack and change our clothes for the beach! Just as we were leaving Grandma Judy brought out a present for me. Can you believe that she gave me my very first REAL bike! Although I am still TOO small for my tricycle, I was able to sit on the big girl bike. I am eager to grow big enough to ride it one day.

After a couple hot laps around the courtyard we headed to the beach. Boy was I ecstatic; feeling the sand underneath my toes always makes me happy!!


I told Grandma that I wanted to go surfing and she laughed when I laid on my tummy.

After some short instruction I had learned to hang ten like the pros.

We decided to put my talents to the test in the water, but fear of falling took over and I decided to lie on my belly and boogie board instead. Learn to walk before you run right??? I will save surfing for when I come back to the beach in July.

I had tons of fun as Grandma pulled me through the water, and soon was intent on pulling the board around myself.

All that work made me tired, so we packed up our beach stuff and headed beach to Grandma's for a slumber party. In the morning, as promised, Grandma Judy took me back to the beach for a full day of beach fun. We built castles, dug holes, searched for shells, and shared MANY laughs.


Before the end of the day Grandma and I walked the Ocean shore to wave goodbye, and we both marveled at how beautiful it was.


Even though the water was a little chilly we jumped the waves as they came into the shore.

For our goodbye dinner we went to my favorite sushi place, where they know me as the "little girl who loves sushi." At Saska's I don't even have to place an order, they know exactly what I want- edamame and a rainbow roll.

We enjoyed our sushi dinner, but afterwards had the difficult task of saying our goodbyes. I knew that Grandma Judy and I would miss each other very much. I gave her a big hug "nice and tight" and told her that I would see her soon.

The next week Mom and I spent some time with Pa at the boat to say our goodbyes to Downtown San Diego. We took our usual tour of Seaport Village, and I got to ride on my favorite carousel- I sure hope that they have one in Ohio...

I also made sure I stopped by my favorite pirate to sing him the "yo ho" song and gave him a bump.

It was tough to say goodbye to Pa's boat, but I know that I will come back soon because there are just too many fun things I enjoy doing there to stay away for long!

One of the neatest things I got to do downtown was go to a professional baseball game. I have been watching Pa play baseball almost every week, and have developed a love for the game, so getting to see a real game in person was quiet a treat. Pa, Michelle, Mom, and I all went to see the Padres play, ironically, the Cincinnati Reds who just happen to play right down the road from where we will be living.

Even though my loyalty is to the Yankees, Mom made me a special outfit for the Padre game.


Pa got us some great seats right down by the field and we were able to see everything!!!


Watching the players was really neat, and everyone in the crowd was lots of fun. Can you believe I even caught a ball thrown into the stands???

As much fun as I had watching the game, I think I had more fun eating. The food at the ballpark all tasted awesome, but my favorite was the hot dog.

Boy are those Hebrew Nationals good!

Aside from the small bites I allowed Mom to take, I managed to eat the whole thing!!!

I really enjoyed my time at the baseball game, and singing the Ball Game Song with Pa during the 7th inning stretch is a memory I wont soon forget!!!

Dad came back to San Diego to help us get packed up, and the family went on an outing to LegoLand.

I don't know what I was more excited about, all the cool things at the park, or being with my dad again.

It was great to spend the day with the family, hanging out and being silly.

Dad and I were running through the park miss behaving, so Mom had to put us in the stocks...

Legoland had all sorts of different things to see, and I was really eager to say hi to the lego shark up close, but didn't like it when Mom tried to feed me to him...


Spending time with my family at LegoLand was lots of fun, but it was still hard to say goodbye to Dad when he had to head back to Ohio. I knew this time that I would be seeing him soon, but it was still sad that he was leaving us, and California, behind.

After the movers came and took our stuff Mom and I were left with only suitcases. There were no toys to play with, so I had to use my imagination. While Mom was busy packing up Pa's stuff I remembered how much fun I had with the boxes when we moved from Huntington, and amused myself by climbing in and out playing "where'd Riley go" for hours. Pa sure thought I was silly...


Although I was on my best behavior, there were times when everyone was too busy to keep an eye on me and I got into some trouble...


From then on Mom kept all writing utensils out of my reach (too bad for her I am growing taller by the day and can almost reach the table tops)!

Our last night in San Diego was spent at Aunt Connie's saying goodbye to the rest of my family. I am sure going to miss seeing everyone, but know that we are only a short plane flight away. I had an amazing time living with Pa and am grateful that he was so tolerant of my antics.

Our family is starting a new chapter in life and we are all excited to get settled into our new house and prepare for the new baby's arrival. Check back soon for the scoop on Ohio...