Monday, June 29, 2009

Father's Day

Father's Day was this past Sunday, and while Daddy spent the morning relaxing on the golf course, Mom and I spent time together in the kitchen preparing him a big feast! My favorite part of the food preparation was making the cake!!! Since I am a big girl now, Mom let me help. After we put all the different ingredients in the bowl she sat me on the counter and let me stir!!!





The cake batter got thicker the longer I stirred, and I realized that it was quite fun to play with.






When I thought Mom wasn't looking I went in for a taste, she caught me mid-lick but let me continue.






After I tasted the batter I was hooked and wanted more. Mom told me that we had to save some for the actual cake, so I would have to wait until it was poured into the pan. Once that was done she let me lick the bowl and spatula- boy was it yummy!






When Dad came home we feasted on filet kabobs from the grill, and Daddy was sure happy! Finally, after dinner was done, we were able to show Dad the cake we had made for him. Mom let me put a candle on it, and I sang Dad the Happy Father's Day song I made up (it is just like the Birthday song). We even let dad make a wish and blow out the candle.




After we blew out the candle Mom let Dad and I eat cake with our fingers- boy did we have fun!




I am sure that Dad enjoyed his special Father's Day. I am lucky to have such a great Dad!


Later on in the week Mom and I went to the Zoo. To my surprise I discovered that they had a carousel! I was SO excited- who knew they had carousels in Ohio!!!


Mom let me take a couple rides on the carousel, and now I can't wait to go back.

The first time we went to the Zoo (last week) Mom had a difficult time carrying me when I refused to walk, so we solved our problem by buying a new wagon!!! I love riding in the wagon like the big kids.

Because it was a HOT day at the zoo (93 degrees) Mom let me take off my shirt and stroll around in my tutu, it made me feel a LOT better. After a couple of hours of being pulled around I decided that I wanted to help Mommy so I pulled the wagon for her for a while. I am such a big helper!


Before we left the Zoo for the day I got to play on the obstacles. This one was my favorite, and as you can tell by the smile on my face I wasn't having any fun at all...



We are discovering more and more fun things to do in Ohio every day, and I am really enjoying my new home. This coming week Mom and I fly to San Diego to see all my family and friends in California! We have so much planned to do, and I am SO excited!!! Check back soon to hear about all the fun...