Sunday, April 12, 2009

Life has been great in Sunny San Diego!

Mom, Dad and I have been enjoying the wonderful weather and have been spending lots of time playing outdoors. One of my favorite things to do when the sun is shining is to go over to play at Grandma Judy's. You never know what fun and exciting things we will do, but they always make me laugh...


I can barely contain my excitement when Grandma Judy tells me its time to go play at the beach. Before she can even blink I am waiting at the front gate with my bucket in hand telling her to hurry up.

I love walking with her to the shore and telling her all about the castles we are going to make.


The last time we went to the beach Grandma Judy surprised me by making me a picnic!!!! It was great, we got to sit and watch the water as we ate our sammies.



After lunch was over I amused Grandma Judy by playing peek-a-boo with my bucket:


After peek-a-boo became stale I tried to walk a mile in Grandma Judy's shoes and discovered how difficult it really was:


Our days spent at the beach are tons of fun, and ALWAYS full of excitement.

Speaking of excitement, while Dad was visiting Columbus, Ohio Mom took me to Huntington Beach to visit our friends. It was great to see all my good buddies and tell them about the new things I have been experiencing in the last couple of months. While we were in Orange County Mom even took me to California Adventure!!! It was the first time I had been to the park, and I wanted to explore it all on my own. I even pushed the heavy stroller without help from anyone.


All the walking and pushing made me tired, so I found a seat and rested for a while.

California Adventure was a lot of fun, and I even go to see the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in person. I was sad that they didn't sing the "HotDog" song, but and I sang it afterwards together, and that satisfied me.

We did get to see another 4D movie about Bugs, and I got to wear these bug shades- check out how good I look:


Since it was a beautiful sunny day in the OC, Mom let me play around in the water. I was fascinated, and a little baffled by the sporadic bursts of water that would come and go.



I didn't really like getting my head wet, so I spent most of my time by the overflowing waterfalls.



Our day at California Adventure was fun, and I was a very good girl for Mommy! Back at Pa's house my buddies and I enjoyed the sun by going for rides in the front yard.




Unfortunately the wonderful weather didn't last long, and for the Easter Weekend the rains came. The cool part was that I got to wear my rain outfit to the Easter carnival. Mom was sad that it was too cold her special Bunny outfit, but I thought I looked pretty good anyway.





There were all sorts of things to do at the carnival, but I spent most of my time playing with all the animals in the petting zoo. I was very gentle with the animals, and Mom was very impressed.




I was able to hold a little bunny "nice and tight" so that I wouldn't drop him. I think she felt safe in my arms.

I made friends with the goats, as I quickly learned that they liked the kids who were feeding them hay.


The BIG ducks (geese) wanted nothing to do with me, but boy was I determined...




After the petting zoo, I got to ride a horse, ALL BY MYSELF!!!



Check out how well I did...



All the playing left me hungry, so Mom and I spent some time at the cookie booth decorating our very own Easter Bunny cookie. Mine was sure yummy!


Later that night we dyed some Easter Eggs to leave for the Bunny,and I had to taste one to make sure they weren't poisonous( Boy, do I LOVE eggs).




I did a fantastic job coloring the eggs, and know that the Easter Bunny is looking forward to hiding them for me in the morning!!!!