Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Fun

The family woke up early on Easter morning with hopes of attending the sunrise service at church, when we found that poor Mommy was incredibly SICK. Dad made an executive decision and told Mom to get back in bed and rest. After a couple more hours of sleep the family got up and started preparing for the big day. At 9am the fun began with the Umbarger family coming over to celebrate.

Grandma Jean brought me a special Easter gift, and it kept me entertained for hours that day (and still does). Check out how happy I was when she gave it to me...


While I was parading around with my new toy, I got a special surprise. The Easter Bunny himself came over to deliver my Easter basket. As excited as I was, I have to admit that I was a little scared...




The Easter Bunny sensed that I was a little nervous, and told me that he would head outdoors and leave me another surprise on the front lawn. Once he left I lightened up and began to look through all the gifts he brought me.





Once I was done rummaging through my basket, Mom and Dad took me out front to see what the Bunny had left on the front lawn. I was thrilled when I discovered that the bunny had left eggs all over the front lawn for me to hunt!!!

I immediately grabbed my baskets and started placing eggs in them.

Hunting eggs turned out to be lots of fun.


I had a difficult time carrying both baskets, and kept looking for new ways to do it.


It was my FIRST Easter egg hunt after all...


Once I had found all of the eggs hidden on the front lawn I dug into the basket to find what treats were in there. As mom had promised, the Easter Bunny had hidden some of the dyed eggs Mom and I had made the night before, and she let me help her peel one open and eat it. Boy do I LOVE eggs!

After I scarfed down the egg, I started opening the plastic eggs to see what treasures lied within them. I cant say that I was thrilled when I discovered raisins, but I ate a couple anyway.


I quickly discarded the box (still more than half full) and dug into another egg. There I found one of the coolest accessories ever, a candy necklace. Not only did it look pretty on my neck, but I got to eat it too.




When I finally finished eating my treats I took a special Easter picture with the family.


The Bunny came by to say goodbye to me, and after many attempts by Mom to get me to sit with him, we bumped knuckles and said our goodbyes. I was sad that Dad was indoors while the Bunny stopped by, he sure would have enjoyed seeing him...



Tired from all the morning activities, our family spent the rest of the day relaxing and resting up. Poor Mom stayed in bed most of the day, so Dad and I got to spend some quality time together playing.

We continued our Easter celebration into the evening as friends and family came over to celebrate. I sure enjoyed having everyone around, but was glad that the bunny didn't come back. Maybe next year I'll be ready to sit with him all by myself, but we will see...