Saturday, February 2, 2008

Not too much going on these days...

It seems like life has finally slowed down. Mom and dad haven't been traveling, and not too many visitors come to stay with us anymore. I went to the doctor for my 6 month well-baby checkup and found out that I am 13lbs and 24 inches! I am getting really big!!! Check out the difference from week3 to now:


At home we have settled into our routine and I am very happy when the routine is strictly followed. In case you are wondering, here is what I do everyday:

I wake up around 7am and play around in my bassinette until mom comes to see me (usually around 7:30am). I love to look up at her in the morning, and ALWAYS greet her with a smile. After my diaper is changed I get to hang out with dad until he has to start getting ready for work. I get my first morning bottle at 9am, and boy does it taste good! After a whole night's sleep I am sure ready for it. After I am done with my bottle mom lets me play on my play-mat. I have mastered the "tummy to back" roll, but am still working on the "back to tummy" roll. Sometimes I get so mad that I scream out for mom to come help me roll over (I don't really want to roll, I just want to see her). Once she has helped me, I like to let out a big laugh- unfortunately she is catching on to my tactics and has started to let me scream until I do it on my own. I play on my mat for a while until I go "play at the pond." As you can see, I really enjoy it!





At 11am mom and I go out in the stroller. In some circles I am even referred to as "the everyday baby." (Hi uncle Shawn) I always love stroller time because I get to take a long nap! I don't know what it is about the motion, but I am able to "sleep like a baby" (he he he) I eat again at 1pm and then watch my baby videos in the Johnny Jumper. It is sure fun showing mom how high I can jump. Once I get tired of the Johnny I practice sitting up like a big girl. I hate to brag, but I am getting really good at it!

I take my afternoon nap around 3pm, although I am not much of an afternoon sleeper. I sleep in the car while mom is running errands, but always wake up when we get home. After I eat my 5 o'clock bottle we walk the dog to the park to play ball and then I get to watch mom make dinner. I am sure learning a lot about the kitchen. The other night I watched mom make dad a beef stew. After I begged her to let me hold a carrot, I decided that it was really fun to chew on.

At 8pm everynight mom sits me in my highchair and food time begins. Every night we try a different food. Sometimes I like them, and sometimes I don't!!! I recently started to use a sippy cup for water at dinner time. I am having a hard time getting the concept down, but sure like to bang the cup on my high chair! After I am done making a mess of my food mom gets dad's dinner on the table and takes me upstairs for bathtime FUN! I get to lay on my towel while the bath fills and watch the dog and cat as they stare at me in amazement. Once in the bath, my FUN begins. While mom washes me I get to play with my rubber duckies, and after I am all clean I get to sit up like a big girl for more play time.


When I am out of the bath mom takes me downstairs and puts me in my jammies. Dad usually arrives home at this time and holds me while mom gets my bottle ready. We have about 10 mintues of play time together, and he sure makes me laugh!!!




I get my nightime bottle at 9pm and then get to lay on daddy while he sings me to sleep. Sometimes, if I am lucky, he lets me watch him play the guitar.


This may sound repititous and boring to some of you, but I love the monotony! I know exactly what I will be doing from day to day, and look forward to all of it. Yes there are days when we do other things, like therapy, but my schedule still remains predictable which gives me peace of mind!

Check back in soon, I promise my life will get more exciting as we have lots of things coming up in February!!!!