Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The New Year is off to a Great Start!

School started and Macie and I were excited to be back!




Despite Presley's smile, she was sad to see us go back to school.


She still has Nixon to play with, but unfortunately, for her, he still doesn't do a whole lot...



We started a new tradition with Dad this year.  Each weekend he will take one of us on a special Daddy/Daughter date (or Daddy/Son night when Nixon is old enough)!  I was the first to go, and couldn't wait for a fun night with Dad.  He came to the door to pick me up, and I had a huge smile on my face!


Presley was sad that she couldn't join us, but settled for a picture before we left.


I was so excited to be out with Dad, but had no idea where we were going.  When I found out I was speechless- he took me to Paris!!!  (the Paris Hotel, that is)  It was beautiful!  I got to ride up the Eiffel Tower and see all the beautiful sights on the strip. 

After shopping for some fancy jewels,

 

We went to the Eiffel Tower Restaurant for dinner- talk about an amazing dinner and view!









After dinner we went over to the Cosmopolitan to look at the fancy chandelier.  So many sparkly jewels; I LOVE IT!!!



I even got to see a car made of rhinestones- talk about fancy!

 

 Dad and I had an amazing time on our date.  He sure is setting the bar high for my future boyfriends!

Back at home everyone started to slow down a bit. Dad and Presley got sick first and despite our concern for our little brother,  Nixon managed to sleep through everyone's illness. 


At the Dr. we found out that Presley not only had a bad cold, but a really bad ear infection.  Talk about NO FUN for her...


 Nixon wasn't quite sure what all the crying was about...


Poor Presley just wasn't her cheery self.


For a few days she cried and cried from pain, but once the medication kicked in she was all better.  Mom almost lost it over that 2 day period of time.  Why?  you ask...



When Dad was feeling better again he returned to doing one of his favorite things, napping with Nixon.

 On the weekends the two of them really enjoy hanging out and having fun!


 

 It was great when Presley's pain and illness subsided- she was back!!!



 At school this month we got to participate in the Apex Fun Run.  Both Macie and I were super excited to participate, and Mom and Presley were excited to come watch.  Presley dressed for the occasion:



We just can't get enough of our little girl!!!


My grade ran first, but I was a little anxious about the task ahead of me- 36 laps sounded like a lot.


I managed to finish the race doing a total of 44 laps- can you believe it?  Last year I only did 31.  I guess Mom was right when she told me that training makes a difference!

Macie and the Kindergarteners went after us, and Macie was excited to run out some energy!



She did an amazing job as well, and managed to do 40 laps!  Mom was shocked that she still had tons of energy after the race.


All the Kindergarteners seemed to be just as crazy!


 That weekend Aunt Hayley and Uncle John came to visit us.  We were so thrilled to see them!!  They brought their newly adopted dog Corny.  It was nice to meet her, but it made us all miss Hollywood even more.


We were really active while they were here and hiked Red Rock a few times.  Here are some of our hiking pictures:







They left on Tuesday and we were super sad to see them go.  Our whole family wishes that they could move here to be with us.  

At school that week we got to have dress up days depending on how much money we raised during the Apex Fun Run.  The first day we both dressed in normal clothing, but Mom made us take pictures anyway.  
 

 After Mom took the first picture I scolded her for not getting a good shot of my library book so we had to take another...



We had some fancy days,



 

 
 
 Crazy Hair Day,



and Super Hero Day!




At home Mom got some funny pictures of Nixon too:



This one is great; this captures the look Nixon gives when Mom is giving him too much information at once.  Dad gives her the same look... 


Sometimes Nixon and Mom have their own communication with one another.  Notice how they block out all the noise in the background!

 

 Although there is always action in our house, we wouldn't change it for the world.  Lots of times I have to lock myself in the bathroom to read and enjoy peace and quiet (its the only room in the house I am allowed to lock).  Because I love to read a lot, Macie and Presley are becoming best buddies.  Presley just adores her and is becoming her new sidekick:







The rest of us just hope that Macie guides her in the right direction!

The beginning of the year has been great so far, and we are looking forward to all the wonderful things that lay ahead!