Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Party Time!

The day of my party finally arrived.  I woke up early that morning to the sound of Mom and Uncle Will working away in the kitchen.  Macie and I couldn't hold back our excitement, and had a hard time waiting upstairs.  When Mom finally came up to get us ready we were bouncing off the walls.  Dressed in our new baiting suits, with clean teeth and hair, Macie and I rushed down the stairs to see the finishing touches that Mom had done while we were in bed.

The house was decorated inside and out, and boy was I thrilled with the look!


 Outside there were signs, balloons, and beach balls hanging everywhere!





 


The inside of the house was decorated with bright colors,


and more beach balls were hung throughout the house.



Even the backyard was decked out with pool toys...



For the party we rented a bounce house with a mister so that we could jump and stay cool.



Mom put out some of the carnival games from last year (which were a HUGE hit with the boys), and was glad we were able to re use them!


Here is a video of the house and yard:


 An hour before the party Genevieve came over to the house and helped us fill over 100 water balloons.


At 9:15 we were ready for company, so we all waited inside the front room for the clock to hit 9:30 when everyone was set to arrive.  While we waited, we all took turns taking pictures in the photo booth.





As each guest came in the door we took silly pictures together.




Before long the backyard and pool were filled with friends having fun!


 

Now that Macie can swim by herself, she couldn't stop jumping off the diving board and playing with my friends in the deep end.

 

Lots of people were excited to see Presley, and everyone took turns holding her throughout the entire party.



It was a nice break for Mom since she stayed pretty busy warming all the food and making sure everything was out on time.

 
While Mom worked on the meals inside, Miss Andrea and Miss Charlene helped with the
 concessions outside.  Both the Sno Cones and the Cotton Candy were big hits with the crowd!


After an hour of swimming and jumping in the bounce house we took a break for tattoos and face paint.  Taina came to the party to help like she did last year, and all my friends loved her artwork.



 My friends and I spent some time indoors while the pizza was being set up. Both Mom and Dad were glad that the game room was finally getting some use.



After pizza Mom set out all the different deserts- cupcakes, cake pops, cake balls, etc., and everyone gathered around to sing.





 Once we were done feasting, we went back for some more outdoor fun.  My family and friends partied well into the afternoon- thankfully the weather was warm and pleasant!  I think Mom and Dad may have had just as much fun as the kids...



 By the end of the day we were all stuffed full of junk and exhausted from all the activity.


I cleaned up for bed and was allowed to open one of my birthday gifts!  As excited as I was, I could barely stay up long enough to play with it.


 My party was a blast, and I am so grateful for all the hard work that my family did to make my day super special!!!