Sunday, March 21, 2010

Holiday fun is back!

There was quite a Holiday lull after Christmas. I had gotten used to the continuing onslaught of holidays starting in October and very much enjoyed the events surrounding them. January and February didn't offer up anything, so I was excited when March arrived bringing with it the start of the Spring Holiday season. According to Mom St.Patricks day and Easter are two holidays that wouldn't disappoint.

Living in a place like Dublin, people go crazy for the St.Patricks day holiday. Mom told me all about the holiday celebrations that were going to happen. There were many events planned for the weekend of St.Patricks Day, but I waited with much anticipation and enthusiasm for the parade the city was having. The weekend came and our excitement was soured as we awoke to the sound of pouring rain. Mom and I threw open my curtains to reveal a torrential downpour falling from the sky. I was disappointed and a little worried that the days festivities would be canceled. Mom assured me that the parade was taking place rain or shine, so we dressed in our rain gear (a far cry from the great outfits Mom had made for the event) and braved the storm.
We met my friends in downtown Dublin and got the party started. Here I am as the parade was beginning...


Macie enjoyed being bundled up with Dad under the tent, and didn't seem to mind the downpour around her.


Watching the parade was exciting, there were floats, dancers, musicians; it was really neat to see. One of my favorite parts of the parade were all the goodies being handed out. I stood on the curb with my candy bag wide open waiting for it to be filled.


Despite the rain I was having a great time with my friends.



When the parade was finished I was drenched from head to toe, but had a bag full of candy, toys, and stickers, and couldn't have been happier had it been bright and sunny.



The rest of the weekend stayed wet and cold so we took advantage of the icky weather and slothed around the house.

At the beginning of the week we got to celebrate another awesome holiday- Daddy's birthday!!!
We had a special birthday breakfast for Dad and when he left for work we began the process of preparing for his party. At the store we searched for the perfect decor, but I was adamant that Daddy needed a princess party. Mommy thought that was silly, but knew that Dad would appreciate the fact that I hand picked everything myself. After all our stops were complete we headed home with everything we needed to throw Dad the best Princess party in the whole world.

Back at home Mom surveyed the decor I had chosen and couldn't help but laugh. EVERYTHING was princess- even the 10 balloons. Mom bet that Dad would have never predicted he would get a princess party. He came home from work as we were setting up the dining room, so I was put in charge of occupying him and keeping him downstairs. When all was ready Macie and I brought Dad upstairs to get the party started!!!


When he rounded the corner he was so excited and surprised that he was speechless!


Daddy's birthday party was tons of fun, and my crowns were a BIG hit!!!



I was too antsy to sit through dinner, and couldn't wait for the best part of birthdays- dessert...


Dad really enjoyed his party and told me "it was the best princess party he's ever had."


With the rain gone, it was finally time to play in the back yard and I couldn't have been more excited.


Even Macie joined me outside to take in the warm sun. She has gotten so big that she is able to sit in her car and cruise around the deck- look at how much fun she is having...


In exciting Macie news, notice anything about her up close picture??? She has her two front teeth!!!


The family can't believe how quickly she is growing. Now that she is 7 months old she can do so much! She can roll over from front to back and back to front, although she only does so when it is completely necessary (she is a little lazy); she says dada when addressing daddy; and she is starting to sit up on her own. Mom tells me that this is just the beginning of all the things that she will begin doing.

Check out this video of her in the pond hanging out and chattin' it up...




Macie has become one of my favorite play toys, but my obsession with Disney princesses has not subsided. I still eat, sleep, and, breath princess. As Mom was cooking in the kitchen the other day I asked her for a fork- she handed me one then asked me what I needed it for. Instead of telling her I showed her...


Mortified, she asked what I was doing. "Brushing my hair like Ariel", I replied- she couldn't help but laugh!

With Easter rapidly approaching fun activities are happening everyday. When the weekend came around it was time for our community Easter egg hunt. Despite the chilly weather (in the 30's), Mom dressed me in my holiday tutu and we were off.

All my neighborhood friends were there, and we couldn't wait for the hunt to begin.


When we got the green light it was a mad dash for eggs. Kids were running everywhere, and it was every man for himself.



When it was over I surveyed my basket and decided that I had done pretty well for myself-

so well in fact, that I had a tough time carrying home the goods.


That afternoon we heard that a rumor that the Easter Bunny may be stopping at the grocery store next to our house. Mom and Dad put Macie and I in the car and we rushed to Kroger. Inside I rounded the home goods aisle and came face to face with the Easter Bunny himself- I couldn't believe he traveled all this way! Without hesitation I jumped up next to him and took a picture- much different from my experience with the Bunny last year (good from far but far from good).

Mom and Dad were shocked when Macie plopped down next to the Bunny and started laughing! They had been unsure how she would react, but it couldn't have gone any better!

After our Bunny pictures we got to decorate cookies and go on a scavenger hunt through the grocery store.

We are already having tons of Holiday fun and Easter isn't even till next Sunday. I can't wait to see what is in store for Easter...