Thursday, January 8, 2009

18 months old!!!

I celebrated my 18 month birthday recently; boy, time sure has flown by!


Mom and Dad were impressed by all of the major milestones I had accomplished in such a short period of time:


I can (and do often) sing the ABC's from start to finish ALL BY MYSELF! I also love to sing twinkle twinkle little star, and the Barney theme song (funny, I have never seen the TV show, but have already learned the song thanks to Mom.) My favorite time to sing is when I am in the car. Mom gets all excited when I sing songs and trys to join in, but I am not a group singer. I prefer to sing alone.


Another favorite of mine is the Wheels on the Bus. That is a fun one because there great hand movements. My silly Mom made up a Frankwick Family version of wheels on the bus, it goes a little something like this:



In case you didn't quite hear, I will clarify: The Mommies say "no, no, no", the Daddies say "I love you", the Pa's say "spank, spank, spank", the Hayley's say "what, what, what", the Grandma Judie's say "laugh, laugh, laugh"; it goes on forever...


I have also been practicing lullaby's to sing for the new baby


Counting is another accomplishment that Mom and Dad are proud of. I can count to 18 in English, and can count to 12 in Spanish. I really enjoy trying to learn 2 languages, and love speaking in Spanish. So far pantalones is my favorite word!

Since the last couple of months have been SO busy with the big move our family decided to take some "time off" and go up to Mammoth. Grandma Judy and Dad spent our first day in the mountains skiing while Mom and I practiced our "snowbunny" skills around the lodge. I loved walking by everyone, waving, smiling, flirting, and being the center of attention.




When Grandma Judy and Dad were done skiing we all went for a ride in the peanut (the gondola), and BOY did I enjoy the ride. I kept yelling "hello people" to everyone below.





After our ride Grandma Judy and I stopped to take a picture in front of the big bear.




The next day, while Dad was snowboarding, Mom and I went sledding. I had MUCH MORE fun this year than last, and loved it when Mom pushed me real fast.




I went back and forth on the sled for hours yelling "more fast Mom." She got pooped out really quickly, so I made her a deal- she could take a break if we could ride the peanut again, and we did!!!





By the time we had finished our ride Dad and Grandma Judy were waiting for us at the lodge. They were tired from a long day on the hill, so we all took some time to relax in true Mammoth style.

At night Grandma Judy would take me in the spa and we would go swimming. I love the water and can't wait for summer time to swim at Pa's.


The next day Grandma Judy had to go to work, but she was able to take a short break and introduce me to Woolly the "elephant" (the Mammoth Mountain mascot). At first I was a little shy, but before to long we were high fiving and bumping up a storm.



The family took our annual picture at Mammoth


Woolly and I had become quick buddies, and when he left to go back to work with Grandma Judy I got mad. I ran after him through the crowds yelling "come back Woolly." When he didn't come back I began to yell, at the TOP of my lungs, "ELEPHANT." Mom explained to me that he was skiing with Grandma Judy and had all sorts of other kids he had to go meet. I finally settled down(stopped screaming), but continued to call for him as he rode out of sight.

Before we left town Mom and Dad took me out to a park for some more sledding. I didn't have as much fun on my tummy because the snow was hard and bumpy, so Mom and Dad had to improvise.



Dad and I sure had fun being pulled as Mommy huffed and puffed to get us going.

We all had a great time in Mammoth and enjoyed the rest and relaxation. Back at Pa's house we settled in to our new life. Dad had to go out of town to get some work done, so Mom and I took the time to do "girl stuff". We played beauty shop, painted our toe nails, watched movies, ate pizza, it was a lot of fun. In the weeks to come Mom has planned lots of fun activities to keep me busy, so check back soon to hear all about my adventures in San Diego.