Monday, November 17, 2008

Fun with my Dad!

Election day was this past week, and Mom, Dad, and I were all excited to exercise our right to vote (although I couldn't submit an actual ballot I did get to watch as Mom did)! In honor of the day Mom made me a special Republican tutu. It was really cool and even had one of my favorite animals, the elephant, all over it!!!

We went to vote in the afternoon, and I was so excited to go that I ran down the sidewalk waving my flag and screaming.

By the time we finally made it to the polling place (3 blocks away) I was exhausted!



It only took Mom about 5 minutes to cast her ballot and can you believe she even let me help her push the buttons!

The next morning I woke up curious to find out the results, but by the look on Mom's face surmised that they did not turn out in our favor. After Great Grandma Jean talked Mommy "off the ledge," we went about our normal routine, determined not to let the election results bum us out.

For those of you who have been keeping up with my trials and tribulations from the beginning, you will remember that I have not always been a fan of the water. Mommy swore that I was going to be a water baby and was heartbroken when I made it obvious that I wanted NOTHING to do with it.
After weeks of swim classes, and hours of protesting, I have decided that the water isn't so bad. I actually look forward to going to swim, and enjoy singing songs and playing with friends. This week it was Daddy Day at swim class, and Logan and I couldn't wait to get in the pool and show our Daddies how much we were enjoying the water.

I showed him how I can use a swimboard,

how I can do "big arms" and kick my little legs around,


and, I even got to bop Dad on the head with a noodle!


As you can see, I have become much more comfortable in the water and look forward to going to the "beach" (what i call the pool)

I have really enjoyed having my Dad at home more often- the extra time we have been spending together is priceless!

At the end of the week our family drove down to Pa's to see Great Grandma Jean and the Umbarger Family. Since they hadn't had the pleasure of seeing me in my Halloween costume, Mom decided it was Ok to let me put it on and show it off. Jax was not too amused, but everyone one else thought I was a big hit!


Uncle Brandon said I made an awesome mouse!

After I was done parading around in my costume I tried on Aunt Liz's shoes and wore them around the house. I don't know how women wear heels, it is hard work!

I really enjoyed seeing everyone at Pa's house and am lucky to have such an amazing family!
The next morning I woke up with a big smile on my face- I immediately began yelling Pa's name, so Mom let me out of the crib and I ran out of the room to play with him. After playing, reading, and seeing the horses Pa let me roam free through the house to "foster my imagination".
I discovered that the cabinets in Pa's kitchen are just big enough for me to fit inside. Watch as I crawl in and out all by myself:

Cool hiding place huh?

When I was done rummaging thorough the cabinets Great Grandma Jean came over to play with me. We are officially buddies now, and I love spending time with her. She even took Jax and I on a walk around the yard!


After the weekend was over the family went back home to Huntington Beach. Our week was hectic and we spent most of it fixing up the house. After the painting was done Mom and Dad took the family to the beach for a much needed break.
Magnum and I played ball, but I am still a little to small to use the chuck-it


I am really enjoying playing with my bucket at the beach, and have learned to fill it full of sand- although I prefer to use my hand instead of the shovel. Mom was really proud of how well I was doing and decided to film me. To her surprise I decided to sample the goods...


While Mom and Magnum were playing in the water, Dad showed me how to use my toys to dig holes and build castles.

I have officially earned my alter ego at the beach, "Godzilla," because I love to destroy everything!

After I was finished demolishing our sand castles, Dad and I dug a big hole. Little did I know he had mischievous plans for the hole...



I soon became bored with playing in the sand and made a run for the shore. Dad and I ran up and down the beach, but he never let me get too far away. As you will see, I am becoming VERY independent...

Since our trip to the beach I have been asking repeatedly to go back. "Beach, beach, beach", I plead, I even say "beach, please," (since I have learned that saying please gets me most anything I want) but Mom says we have lots of work to do around the house over the next couple of days, and promises that we will go back by the end of the week.
Check back for the details again soon!