Monday, November 3, 2008

Boy, did Halloween live up to my expectations!!!

The week before Halloween was hectic, yet filled with fun. Mom kept busy sewing, cooking, and making treat baskets for our friends, while I played around the house.

For the week of Halloween Mom made me a different outfit for everyday of the week. From spiders, skulls, and ghosts, to candy corn and pumpkins. I got lots of attention everywhere I went, and Mom got lots of positive feedback. At Kids Club I was the most popular kid- everyone wanted to see my outfits (each also had a prop- ie. hat, wand, mask, glasses, etc.)

Here are a few pieces from my collection:

This is a picture of me in my "Jack-O-Lantern" tutu with my crazy hat.


Here I am posing in my "Skull" tutu with my star shades,

and in this picture I am posing in my "spider" tutu!


I love having a Mommy that makes me special outfits.



With one of my outfits Mom let me wear the teeth nuk. I looked so silly that I couldn't stop laughing at myself when they were in.



Our friend Sara had her birthday this week, and to celebrate we took her to lunch. She chose to go to BJ's Pizza so that she could have a birthday pizzookie. For those of you unfamiliar with a pizzookie let me describe it for you...It is a large cookie slightly undercooked (so that it is soft and gooey), topped with chocolate sauce and ice cream that slowly melts from the heat of the cookie. We ordered one after we finished out lunch, and when it was brought to the table Mom wasn't sure whether or not I was going to get to try some. Thanks to Sara I was allowed to dive in for a bite. Oh my goodness, it was AMAZING!!!



After four bites (yes, 4!!!) my little tummy was full and I was in a food coma!




Our week of fun continued at home with some coloring. Dad bought me an easel so I can explore and express my creative side...




In preparation for Halloween Mom decided that I needed to brush up on my "mouse" impersonation.


We practiced my "mouse face," by scrunching my nose up and down,



and we worked on my squeaking and squealing nosies.


As you can see I thoroughly enjoyed myself!!!

After weeks of anticipation Halloween finally arrived! Mom had put a lot of effort into making my costume special, so I was really excited to show off her hard work. We had a long day of fun planned, and started bright and early. I practiced my trick-or-treating skills by starting off on our block (at 10am.)




My first stop was at Jeff and Susan's next door, and they were really excited to see me, and can you believe they gave me two whole treats!


From there I scurried up and down the block.





All of the neighbors enjoyed the show I put on, and of course I loved the attention (looks like all that mouse practice paid off)


Being the star of the show left me exhausted and I took a long morning nap. When I woke up Mom, Jenny, Logan, and I all went down to Main St. in Seal Beach to do some trick-or-treating. Logan dressed up as a Monkey and the two of us were a big hit!




We had fun roaming up and down the streets, meeting all sorts of kids in costumes. It was the first time I was allowed to roam freely on the sidewalk, and boy did I love the adventure!




By the end of the afternoon I had become an old pro at trick-or-treating!



After we had "hit up" all the stores for candy we took off our costumes and headed back to the car- Mom let me try my first lolly pop and I LOVED it.

Back at home Mom let me run around the house and burn off the sugar I had eaten. She kept busy in the kitchen making the meal for our Halloween party while I hung out with Jax. We both have discovered how much fun we can have playing together




In the evening we packed up the car and drove to Yorba Linda for a Halloween Party at my friend Bella's house. Mom was determined that I rest up before my big night, and to her satisfaction I fell asleep right when we got in the car. We were stuck in traffic (on the 91) for a long time, and after an hour I happened to wake up. I was not happy about being stuck in the car, so Mom had to improvise and kept me busy by singing me songs- unfortunately the AC is out in Mom's car and we had all the windows down. That meant that everyone on the freeway could hear Mommy singing (we were only going 5 mph). We got some weird looks, but a few people waved at laughed (I'm sure some of them could empathize with our situation.)

We FINALLY arrived at the party after 2 hours in the car, and I was more than ready to have some fun. Once all the girls dressed in their costumes we hit the streets. Bella, Genesis, and I were the only ones old enough to trick-or-treat, so Addison, Avery, and Grace stayed in their strollers and watched us.



It was fun going to the different doors and banging on them.




Since I had practiced trick-or-treating in the morning I knew the drill, and showed the other girls the ropes.


Not only did we get candy at the doors, but there were also buckets of candy on the sidewalks all throughout the neighborhood. I got a little greedy and kept trying to take more than one piece.



Because it was a warm Southern California night, my costume got a little warm. Half-way through the houses I decided I wanted my costume off.


Mom helped me disrobe, and before anyone knew it I had changed my costume from a mouse to a streaker. Mom laughed as I ran up and down the streets shrieking with laughter. The crowds got a kick out of our antics as Mom would yell "we're going streaking" while I ran.



Back at the house Mom let me pick one piece of candy to eat before dinner. I chose an Almond Joy and shoved it down so fast I don't think I tasted much. Mom laughed and said I reminded her of Hollywood when she eats her food (Aunt Hayley will know exactly what I am talking about.)







Halloween turned out to be worth the wait, and I can't wait for next year.




After the long night we spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and recuperating in order to prepare for Election day on the 4th. Mom is very excited for me to experience my first presidential election, and she even made me a special outfit for the occasion.




The fun and excitement of life never stops; there is always something fun to look forward to and lots of adventures waiting to be had...