Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This week was a whirlwind.

Our week started out with a trip to see Miss Karen in Therapy.
Karen told Mommy how impressed she was with my progress- my neck is getting stronger every week, and soon I won't need to go to therapy anymore. Karen told me she was very proud of me and exclaimed that I am getting "so big." As she did I raised my hands over my head and shrieked with excitement.

To every one's surprise I had shown them that I am SO BIG!!!

Mom about had a heart attack; she had been trying to get me to do that for weeks, and couldn't believe that I did it for Miss Karen instead. Once we got back home she made me do it all afternoon...

On Tuesday morning Mommy received some sad news. A friend of hers from Mammoth was no longer with us. His name was Chris Tyler, and though I was only able to meet him once I thought he was pretty cool.

We spent the remainder of the week preparing to go to Mammoth for the weekend. We didn't do anything new and exciting, but Mom did share a corn-on-the-cob with me

She thought it was funny watching me eat and had to catch it on film:

On Friday we drove to Mammoth to attend a memorial service the following night. On Saturday Dad went up to the hill to represent our family and took a "last ride" down the mountain in Chris's honor. That evening we went to the Memorial Service, it was beautiful thanks to lots of work by Patricia, Teresa, and Peter, and captured special Mammoth moments in Chris' life. Mom told me that Chris was looking down and smiling as his friends gathered together to celebrate his life.

The following day was Mother's Day. Mom had slept with me cuddled in her arms the previous night, and I decided to wake her up by hitting her on the head with a remote control left in the bed. I roared with laughter, but I don't think Mom found it to amusing. After we ate breakfast Mom, Dad, and I dressed in our snow gear and decided to take a trip to the top of the mountain to see where Mom and Dad were married. I was eager to get back in the gondola since I had such a fun trip the first time.



Prance (my Kitty) and I enjoyed the ride!


When we got to the top we walked around and looked at the beautiful mountains,




and as you can see there is still a lot of snow in Mammoth .




We all took a picture in front of the Mammoth sign, and Mom says that every year we are going to come back to this spot and take a picture of our family. We already have the 3 previous years, beginning with Mom and Dad's Save the Date card for their wedding.



The ride back down was fun, and Mom tried to get a Mother's day kiss. I don't like kisses...


This was a special Mother's day for Mommy, since it was her first, and I tried to show her how much I love her:


After our trip to the mountain Mom and Dad took me to lunch at Roberto's with Holly and we had a great time! Don't I look like such a big girl in the high chair with daddy's hat???



Although the weekend was a somber one, it was nice to be with our family. We were reminded how lucky we are to have each other and how important it is, everyday, to let our loved ones know how much we care about them.