Monday, May 26, 2008

Off to a rocky start...

My week began with a trip to the doctor to confirm that I had an ear infection. Poor Mom couldn't understand why I was so whiny. I tried to give her some clues: I pulled and clawed at my ears, and I think that my disdain for any liquid hinted that my throat may be a little sore...

The trip to the doctor was a miserable experience. They tugged and poked and prodded, and to top it off they flushed out my ears with liquid. Needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper.
They did however place me on the scale, and Mom was ecstatic that I had put on some pounds. Can you believe that I now weight 16lbs 8oz?!?!?!?

Despite my ears throbbing, my throat aching, my head pounding, etc. I still managed to keep a rather good disposition. The Doctor gave Mom some medicine for me, but nothing can cure my ailments like hanging out with my Dad!



He helped me walk through the house on his toes, although I don't need to much help movin' these days...

As you have just seen I move with the speed of light, and even Jax has a hard time keeping up with me now.

Even though I was battling sickness, Dad spent extra time with me (unfortunately it resulted in Dad getting sick). He helped me forget all about feeling icky, and taught me a new trick:

My favorite thing is to make that sound on my own. Mom laughs as she hears it from the other room. Because I was sick this week I wanted my Mommy all the time. I cried a lot when she left me in my playroom, so she decided to let me roam around on the floor while she worked in the kitchen. I found the ties to her apron and twisted around with them. Fun can be found everywhere.

During the day Mom would let me roam around the living room while she was working on some Tutu's. I spent most of my time in the curtains playing peek-a-boo.

Being such a BIG girl, Mom lets me sit on my horse and rock back and forth. The bigger I get, the more I am allowed to do.
I have been crawling over to objects and standing up for over a month, but recently started standing up ON MY OWN. Check me out...

Not bad huh?!?!?

Of all the places I have explored throughout the house, my favorite room is the bathroom. Mom and Dad think its gross that I want to hang out in there, but they don't understand how much FUN it is. The door is shut 99% of the day, but every now and again I find it open... grabbing the magazines out of the bin and tearing them up is quite entertaining; the mini trash can makes a great noise when pounded upon; and I have found the holy grail of FUN:

Mom laughed so hard the first 10 times I did that, but didn't think it was to amusing when the water wouldn't stop running. She told me that the bathroom is NOT a playroom and that I shouldn't make plans to play there in the future.

Crawling throughout the house I manage to find interesting items all over. The other day I found a pear on the table and to Mom's surprise I picked it up and began to eat it. I finished most of it before she took my Fun away.

Speaking of eating Mom lets me feed myself at dinner time now. Check out my night with avocado and cous cous:





Obviously I enjoyed dinner, and to top it off I got to take a bath in the BIG GIRL tub!


Just when I thought that life couldn't get any better...