Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Grateful that March Wasn't Full of Madness

The month of March was pretty much "business as usual" for our family.  We kept busy with school and activities but still managed to find time to sneak in some fun...


The weather at home was playing tricks on us this month; from the 70's to the 40's the temperatures varied from week to week.  Mom hopes it stays cool as long as possible.  The rest of us enjoy the warm spring days when we don't need to wear jackets to school each day.












On some afternoons after school and before practices we all enjoy time together in the back yard.


I had lots of projects due at school this month and was kept busy.  My favorite project to work on was my J.K. Rowling interview.  With Mom's help I designed and sewed a skirt for her outfit ALL BY MYSELF!!!!  I was so proud of the final product. 


Mom couldn't stop laughing at how fantastic my J.K.Rowling looked when we put on fake eyelashes.



I had big, elaborate plans for my project and Mom couldn't help but smile (it reminded her a lot of someone else.  Apparently she is happy to know that one of us actually got one of her good traits).  I designed a car to drive J.K.Rowling to her "premiere" where I would interview her.




I could hardly sleep the night before my big presentation.  I performed the skit I wrote in front of my entire class and was proud of my hard work.


Dad had gone back to San Diego for some work with Pa earlier in the month and returned home in time for a fun day at Chuck E Cheese to celebrate Presley's "sticker streak" at school.


Mom told me that they spent hours playing and laughing.


Shock of all shocks that Presley's favorite game involved hitting things while Nixon's involved throwing things...



That weekend I had a bunch of friends over for a sleepover.  We played a fun game of Bean Boozled,


followed by some evening fun at the race track...



After a SUPER late night we lazed around the house Sunday morning before having a water balloon fight to cool off from the hot sun. 


The following week we celebrated Dad's birthday, and Grandma Joanie and Uncle Shawn came for a short visit.




On St.Patrick's Day all of us woke up a little naughtier than normal.  Not only were we extra rambunctious, but we refused to eat Mom's special green eggs.  Getting us ready that morning took lots of effort on Mom's part...  


Finally dressed for the day we took some pictures before heading out to school.




I loved the hat Mom and I designed for the day, and am having so much fun sketching designs for clothing. I can't wait to be able to make my own clothes one day!



 


Getting Nixon to pose for pictures was frustrating as always.  That kid does everything he can to avoid the lens...



 \
While Macie and I were at school the family took the little ones to the museum. 



That afternoon Dad, Grandma Joanie, and Uncle Shawn went to our school's science fair and watched us present our projects.



That Saturday was my last cotillion class of the season.  I was excited to bring Dad as my date and show him all the manners and dance moves I'd learned.





It was a special night for the both of us and I can't wait until classes begin again in the fall!

Grandma Joanie and Uncle Shawn had to fly back to Wisconsin that Sunday and we were sad to see them go.  We really enjoyed spending time with them and were grateful they made the long trip.  

Dad went back to San Diego that week and our schedule was back to normal.  The spring weather we had been enjoying went away and Mom was thrilled that jacket weather was back!




When Dad is gone Uncle Will helps Mom from time to time when she needs an extra hand.  The little ones really enjoy going on outings with Uncle Will...





Spring Break is rapidly approaching and we are really looking forward to visiting with family in San Diego.  



Check back soon to hear all about our adventures...