Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Wow, we are off to an AWESOME December!!!!

 It was nice to be settled in back at home, and when Sunday rolled around we were ready to start decorating for Christmas.  Early in the day we drove out to a local tree farm to pick out a Christmas tree. 

 Macie and I toured the lot, searching for the perfect tree...


It didn't take long for us to find "the one."



While the tree was being tied to the car, Macie and I sat inside and feasted on candy canes- I was super excited!!!


At home Dad carried in the tree, and while he sorted through the lights, Mom worked on jazzing up our Christmas ornaments.  While we were at Disneyland last month Dad stumbled across some pretty cool ornaments.  They were Jack Skellington ornaments from the Nightmare Before Christmas, and Dad announced that we HAD to have them for our tree! Mom was a little unsure seeing as our previous decorations have always been pretty traditional, but after seeing how excited Dad was, she decided that this year we would make a change.  Mom searched tons of stores for black, white, and red ornaments, but was pretty dissapointed in the selection, so she made most of the ornaments herself- she even added bows to our skulls!!!


Here we are placing our special ornaments on the tree,




and here is the finished product:


It turned out much better than Mom had anticipated, and Dad was sure EXCITED!!!

Later that night the family enjoyed some quiet time at home coloring pictures with each other.




On Monday it was back to business as usual.  Macie and I went back to school, and were super excited to see our friends; and Mom was looking forward to getting an early start on Christmas shopping without kids in tow.



By Tuesday I wasn't feeling all that well, so Mom took me to the Doctor.  While in the waiting room Macie and I entertained Mom with some silly antics.  We started off with some pretty poses,




but Macie couldn't just had to take it a step further:





By the time the Doctor came in we were all laughing SO hard that we had tears in our eyes.  She couldn't believe that a sick little girl could have such a BIG smile on her face.  The doctor prescribed me some antibiotics for my sinus infection, and promised I would be feeling better soon.

The next day I had started to feel better as promised, and Mom took Macie and I to the dentist for a check up.  It was Macie's first time at the dentist and boy was she EXCITED!


The dentist checked all of our teeth to make sure they were healthy, and afterwards gave us balloons, stickers, and toys- I even got a movie ticket for having 3 consecutive visits without a single cavity!!!


The next morning Macie and I dressed for school and took some pictures before leaving the house.  Mom wanted to get a picture of Macie in one of the new fall outfits she created,


and then had to take a picture of my long hair (since she spent the morning straightening it)!


We both had a great morning at school, followed by a fun time a gymnastics.  We had an hour to kill before my ballet class, so Mom took us to Mc Donalds for some ICE CREAM!!!!





After ballet was over, Mom took us to meet Dad at the Steinway Piano store.  The family wanted to check out some pianos since I had asked for one for Christmas.  Right away Macie and I sat down to play- we were in heaven!


After a quick dinner, we were off to Bible school!


I LOVE being an AWANA CUBBY!!!


The rest of the week was uneventful, but we still had to take pictures of my school outfits!



That Saturday we woke up early and went to have breakfast with SANTA at Lifetime!


The food was so yummy that I ate four helpings!



As we were finishing up our food we heard a horn, and turned to see Santa being dropped off by a train!  Macie and I ran over to greet him:



Once Santa was settled in his seat in front of the fire, Macie and I walked through down the red carpet to sit with him.





I told Santa I wanted a Piano for Christmas,


and Macie told him she wanted a Drum set and an Angry Bird!



After sitting with Santa, we walked outside to ride the train and discovered that it was SNOWING (thanks to a snow machine)!


We boarded the train,


and took a ride around the parking lot!


The train ride was SO much fun that we rode over and over and over.

When we finally got too cold, we went inside to do some holiday crafts.



We had a great time with Santa at Lifetime!

At school the next week our classes were busy working on our Christmas performance.  Mom started working at my school as a substitute teacher, and she was in my classroom 2 whole days- it was SO fun having my Mom in class with me!

At the end of the week we got to go to Church for the WinterFest.  Mom dressed us in warm winter clothes (since it was REALLY cold outside), and we were ready for some fun!




Winterfest at Scottsdale Bible was amazing- games, food, amusements; they had it all!!!


Inside we played games,


and met up with my friend Sophie.


Together, her, Macie, and I went on a scavenger hunt to find clues around the church.  We found our first clue with Mary and baby Jesus at the Tree House.


Each week we have such a great time at the Tree House during Bible Study that we insisted that we pose in front of it so that Mom could take a picture.


Ryder joined us along the way, and we found another clue with the Angles.


Once we had all of our clues together we were able to make our way to the Candy Cane forest where we were allowed to pick 3 candy canes off the trees to take home!




Before leaving, we all stopped by the photo booth to take some pictures with holiday props!!




That Saturday Mom had to go to work, so Macie and I stayed home with Dad.  We spent the morning in the garage helping him repair and clean the equipment he got for Mom for Christmas!



I worked on riding my bike without training wheels,


and although it didn't go well, I had a smile on my face the whole time!!!


That evening Mom and Dad packed up our car to get ready for our big trip up North the following day- Check back soon to find out all the fun we had...