Monday, July 16, 2012

The PERFECT Father's Day Weekend!

We got back from Ohio with just enough time to prepare for an AMAZING Father's Day weekend.  Mom worked around the clock planning my upcoming birthday carnival while Macie and I adjusted to life at home in Arizona.  When the weekend finally rolled around it was time to party with Dad!!!

After almost 30 years of waiting, one of Dad's big wishes FINALLY came true- to see Van Halen perform live with David Lee Roth!  Mom laughed as Dad couldn't contain his excitement the whole day- he was like a kid on Christmas Eve.  I took a nice afternoon nap so that I could party hard with the big boys!

I was stoked to put on an updated version of my rocker outfit.



Both Mom and Dad couldn't get enough pictures, and soon I grew tired of posing.


Macie was a little sad that she wasn't allowed to join us at the concert, but Mom promised that they would have a fun evening swimming with Uncle Will at his Resort Pool.


I made sure to give Macie big hugs before I left to cheer her up!


Here I am in the car, loaded up with food and drink, having a pre-concert in the car (wanted to make sure I knew ALL the words)!!!

We arrived at the ampitheatre early enough to catch Cool and the Gang, and Dad was surprised at how much I enjoyed their music.


When they finished I sat down to eat some snacks while Van Halen was setting up on stage. During this time one of the band's crew came down from the stage and gave me some signature Van Halen guitar picks- Dad was so excited I think he almost peed in his pants!!!


Of course I made some friends along the way...


When Van Halen came on Dad and I went crazy!  We had a blast singing with the band, and the performance was amazing.  I was stoked that they played all of my favorites- Unchained, Panama, etc.  Here I am on the way out in my new Van Halen concert Tee:

 

I passed out in the car on the way home, and woke when Dad carried me into the house.

 

Mom says seeing the two of us as we entered the house was priceless.  I passed out quickly when I laid in bed, and Mom tells me that Dad stayed up playing Van Halen songs on the guitar well into the night- what an amazing way to welcome Father's Day!!!

In the morning Macie and I bombarded Dad with hugs and kisses as we snuggled in bed with him while Mom prepared a feast.


We surpried Dad downstairs with all of his favorite breakfast items, as well as pictures from all of us.


We spent the day at home as a family swimming in the pool.
 


   In 5 minutes of being in the pool with Macie, Dad managed to teach her to swim with her floatie- GO DAD!!!




That night after a Dinner party with Will, Hayley, and John, we sat on the couch, ate desert, and watched Dad's favorite movie: Cheaper by the Dozen!!!


Father's Day was amazing and so is our DAD!!!

On Monday morning Mom took me to my first day of Vacation Bible School!!  


Macie saw how much fun it looked and refused to leave.


I had a blast the whole week!  


Mom tried to keep Macie occupied while I was at camp, so they ran errands around town trying to prep for my upcoming birthday party. Here she is riding the carousel outside of the Dollar store;


and here she is eating a special snack after playing beauty shop (Mom can't believe how grownup she looks).


Speaking of being grown up, listen to the way Macie has been waking up in the morning- Mom and Dad can't get enough...



Because of the heat there haven't been many outdoor activities we can do except for swimming.  Since Mom has been so busy I have tried to help do things around the house.  My favorite thing to do is help dress and care for Macie.  Check out the swim outfits I got for us one afternoon when we were getting ready for an afternoon at the pool:



I had a BLAST at VBS all week, and was sad when it came to an end.  On our final day we had a performance for all the parents and Mom thought it was priceless!!!


After naps that afternoon we took Macie to Lifetime for her FIRST OFFICIAL HAIRCUT!!!  I went first and had a princess wash and trim...


Check out how long my hair still is after my trim!!!


Macie was so excited when it was her turn. Here she is at the bowl getting her first shampoo!





Macie had a tough time sitting still, so Lexi had her work cut out for her.


She LOVED the blow out,


but grew bored when it took almost five minutes...


Check out how good her hair looks when it was done...

                     
With new hairdo's we were both ready for our big weekend.  Poor Mom had loads of work to do so Macie and I promised to be good.  The next blog will contain pictures from my carnival party, so be sure to come back soon because I promise you, they will be AWESOME!!!