Friday, January 6, 2012

Ice Skating with Uncle Ryan and Aunt Liz

Back in San Diego Macie and I spent lots of time with the family. Once of the coolest things we did was go Ice Skating with Uncle Ryan and Aunt Liz!!!

Mom had been talking about for for over a week, and when the day finally arrived we were SO excited we could hardly contain ourselves!

Here we are all dressed up and ready for some fun on the ice:




We all skipped to the car with smiles of anticipation on our faces!


When we arrived at the rink in Downtown San Diego, Ryan and Liz helped us get our gear on.






Standing up on skates was a little awkward at first...


but Macie didn't seem to mind, and took off across the carpet like a pro!!!


The ice was slippery, and it was a LOT harder than I thought. The family all took turns helping Macie and I around the rink.



I struggled a little, and my legs were sort of "jello-y", but I still enjoyed it!



After a while, one of the "skate pro's" at the rink came by and showed me some techniques:



Before long, I was making my way around the ice at a pretty quick pace:



Macie turned out the be the champion- she skated around and was a tough cookie until Mom fell with her and she got scared.

After an hour, poor Uncle Ryan (who, not only is almost 6'5", but a size 15 shoe wearing a 13) started to get back pain from bending down to our level. Mom and Liz agreed that we had a good run, and help us off the ice and out of our skates.

Glad to be back on stable ground, the family went to dinner and spent the rest of the evening enjoying food and good company!





The next morning we drove out to the Umbargers to say goodbye to everyone and we surprised when we discovered that Santa had made a special delivery for us:

After the go ahead from Mom, we tore open the packages:




Princess JASMINE DRESSES!!! The ONLY princess we didn't have!!! Boy are we lucky girls!



With our outfits on we were ready for a show, so we invaded Uncle Brandon's room and played him some tunes:



Our time in San Diego was fun filled but short, as we had to head back to Arizona to prepare for Christmas. I LOVED seeing all my family and friends and hope they know how much fun I had with them while in California.

With Christmas only a few days away I am looking forward to all the fun activities and traditions we will be doing this holiday season!