Thursday, November 10, 2011

Party Animals!!!

Back home in Arizona Mom worked hard to complete our first round of costumes for the Baby Boo Bash at gymnastics the following day. With little time to spare, she managed to get them done and both Macie and I were super excited to show them off!

Here is the Flamingo costume Mom made for my best friend Ashlyn:


Because there were SO many parts to each costume, we couldn't dress until we arrived. In the parking lot Mom put on my dress, mask, and gloves with claws- I think they were my favorite part of the costume! I ended up looking less like a girl tiger and more like a scary pumpkin, but it was nice to have a couple costumes in one!



Macie's costume was MUCH MORE intricate than mine and had MANY parts. I tooled around the parking lot while Mom attempted to dress Macie...

It didn't go as well as planned, as Macie seemed to prefer wearing just the wings...

Mom made many attempts to get everything on at once, but as soon as she managed to get one thing on, somehow another piece had been removed; here she is with the mask and no wings:


Mom FINALLY persuaded her to put on most of the costume so that she could take one picture- here is the best she got:

Mom realized that the costume was just TOO much for such a little girl...

At the door to the party we stopped to pose,


I went inside to play while Macie was persuaded by all our gymnastics teachers to put on her whole costume and try for some pictures...



After many attempts Macie got fed up and went inside where she occupied herself with balloons and bubbles.

Mom did manage to get a couple pictures of Macie enjoying herself at the costume party before she started disrobing. Before we knew it, Macie was running around in a favorite combo of hers- a diaper and shoes.



When Mom stopped her and made her put on some clothes and sit down for lunch Macie gave her signature pout-


It was followed by another favorite of hers, the "I'm not happy with you" face...


I thought it was funny watching the whole thing, and couldn't understand how Macie could have a frown on her face at a party.


We feasted on yummy treats and snacks, and I had a blast!



Back inside we played in the gym, running,


jumping,


and playing games with friends.


The party at gymnastics was a great way to kick off our Halloween party weekend, and we couldn't wait for the following night when we go to wear our second round of costumes at Anya's house.

After school, swimming, and naps the next day, it was time to get ready for another party!

I was ecstatic that I got to dress up as a creepy ghost, and loved getting my face painted. Mom was impressed at how still I sat as she worked on her masterpiece:


Once my face was done I was instructed to sit still as Mom got part of my costume on while the face paint dried.
While all of this was going on, Macie sat patiently and played with Eddie Van Halen- we were all a little shocked at how patient she was being...


In the car Dad snapped a few pics of me as I practiced my ghost face.

He also kept trying to take a picture of Mom in her black wig (she was going to put on her costume as a "bomb" and thought the black hair was a nice touch). She wouldn't smile nice for the camera, so we both gave our best grrrr face...


When we finally arrived at the party Mom put on my costume, and I looked pretty spooky walking through the night.


For Macie's second costume she was a devil (hard to believe, I know), but she wouldn't put on her horns, her tail, or any of the other accessories, so Mom just put her in the dress and decided not to fight it.

As soon as we walked in the door and stared at the smorgasboard our hosts had prepared we dug in and started eating. Despite Mom's warning to "not eat too much", we ate,


and ate,


and ate,
and continued to eat until Mom made us pause and take some pictures (while eating)...



After a ton of fun activities (a haunted house, a dance contest, and a pinata) we sat on the floor and continued to eat...

We stayed so late that both Macie and I were begging to go to bed. Here is a picture of Dad- he was dressed as a bottle of Jager (I guess Mom and Dad had some sort of "couples costume" that made both of their outfits make sense; Jager and Bomb...even together I didn't get it.)


At home I brushed my teeth (while on the potty) and as I recalled, with a huge smile, all the fun I'd had that evening!


In the morning I woke up feeling tired and sick, so we stayed at home and rested up for the evening ahead of us.

After naptime the family dressed in costumes and headed for the Spooktacular at Lifetime Fitness.

Mom bribed me with the promise of candy, so I agreed to wear the peacock costume for a little while(Mom had put SO much time, effort, and money in making it, that she wanted the full costume to be worn at least once).



Mom was proud of the completed outfit and smiled nicely (for once) as we posed together!



Since Macie didn't have such a great track record with costumes, Mom did some last minute sewing and made her an outfit she wouldn't (and couldn't) take off. She was FIRE:


It took some coercing to get her to put it all on, but she loved the dress and kept twirling and shaking!


When we walked through the door at Lifetime we met up with Miss Deborah (Boy Riley's Mom) and waited with anticipation for Boy Riley to walk in from the car.


While we waited Macie showed off her "FIRE" moves:


All 3 of us checked in to the Spooktacular and couldn't wait for the fun to begin!

Inside Macie went straight for the Candy, sometimes taking candy away from other kids when they weren't looking. Mom didn't know whether to be mortified or impressed (since she strategically did it when they weren't looking).


The whole family had a fun time running around, eating candy, and playing Halloween themed games, though Mom was NOT HAPPY that Dad kept trying to take her picture...



Before long I insisted that I make a costume change and put on something I could get crazy in. Once my Tiger costume was on I ready to jump and make a mess with Boy Riley!

We stayed long into the night, and even got to eat pizza and watch a Halloween movie with friends in the Kids Club- it was awesome, but I was exhausted. At home I passed out before my head even hit the pillow!

We woke up the following morning ready for more Halloween Fun. While Mom worked on decorations for the house Dad went to the store to buy lots of pumpkins for the pumpkin carving party we were hosting.

While we waited for our guests to arrive, Macie helped Mom in the front yard.


When she grew tired of helping, she took herself on a broom ride around the driveway.

When Bella and her family arrived we sat down in the garage and got the party started. We listened to Halloween music, while eating snacks and carving lots and lots of pumpkins.





When we were all carved out Mom made us lunch and afterwards we celebrated Bella's 4th Birthday by signing to her and eating cupcakes!!!


We sure had a silly time!


Macie was FAR more interested in peeling off the cupcake wrapper than joining in the fun...


Victory, at last!!!


With full bellies and tired eyes, Bella and her family went home so that Macie and I could nap. Before Macie laid down to sleep she entertained Mom and Dad with some dance moves:

Arabesque:


Pirouette:


After naptime we joined Aunt Hayley and John for a Halloween Party at the Barn! It was So awesome- they had animals, food, and best of all, a bouncy house!!!



After we were all bounced out, Aunt Hayley took Macie and I took into the ring to see some horses.




I got to sit on a really, really, really big horse (so big that Mom could hardly get me on his back)!


I got a little scared on the big horse, so Aunt Hayley took us over to the "kid" ponies, and when it was my turn, I got to ride one around the arena!





When I was done, Macie decided she had mustered up enough courage to ride one herself! John helped her on, and made sure she was comfortable.


Though she didn't ride the pony far, she did seem to have a good time!


As the sun began to set Mom informed us that it was time to go home and rest up for the big day. Both Macie and I protested heavily as we weren't ready to leave the barnyard. Macie attached herself to the arena and demanded that Mom take some pictures of her (she has already begun to perfect her stalling tactics).




By the time Mom finally managed to get us home it was time for bed. We were so exhausted from our four day party streak that neither of us raised much a fuss when put to sleep (most nights we take FOREVER). With Halloween the following morning I knew I had to rest up for the much anticipated day of fun...