Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Catching Up...

Well, well, well, I FINALLY got my hands on a functioning computer long enough to write (Mom's laptop crashed AGAIN), and boy have tons of things gone on in the last month. After the family recovered from the craze of Halloween we continued to get settled into life in Arizona, and Mom thought it was time for me to start school again. Instead of enrolling in a traditional preschool program we opted to enroll at Lifetime Fitness where the focus is placed on interacting with others, playing games, being active, and learning in a fun environment. I go to class 3 days a week for 2 hours (the perfect length of time for me), and even get to swim with my class on Fridays- Mom is excited that I get to swim without her having to get in the water.


I LOVE my new preschool class and have an eager smile on my face everyday I get ready for class.



Lots of new and exciting things have been happening in Macie's life as well. She is becoming super independent and Mom even lets her feed herself from time to time.


Before the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) Mom thought it would be nice for us to go to Huntington Beach and visit the Jacklin's. We made the long 7 hour drive fun with princess music and movies, and arrived in the evening full of energy! The first day we were in Orange County we went to Disneyland with Susan and Wendy. It was an awesome day and Macie LOVED every minute.




The princesses never lose their allure, and each time I see them I am just as enchanted as the first time.






One of my favorite parts of the day was riding the tea cups with Wendy. By the smile on both of our faces you can tell it was amazing!!!



We had a FULL day at Disneyland and rode all of our favorite rides (Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World). At nightfall we got to watch the Disney Christmas Parade and were even treated to another firework show thanks to Jeff(he buys me a show every trip)! The following morning we spent time at the house playing with Jeff, Susan, Wendy, and Charlie. Macie entertained herself on Jeff's bike and couldn't stop laughing.




Our plans for the day included going to California Adventure, and since we would be leaving for Arizona straight from the park we made sure to give BIG hugs to everyone before leaving the house.


We are incredibly fortunate to have such wonderful people like the Jacklin's in our lives!



Susan came to California Adventure with us, and Macie and I insisted we sit on her lap while riding the tram into the park.


When we got to the park there was so much to do and see- her we are hanging out with Lightning McQueen:


At California Adventure we got to go on tons of rides, including one of my new favorites a 3D Toy Story ride where you shoot guns at targets.

I sat with Susan while Macie and Mom did their best to compete with us. Believe it or not Macie actually was able to shoot the gun and hit targets!


One of the highlights of my day was seeing Santa Claus. I told him all about the princess bike I want, but all Macie did was whine and cry- Mom has 5 weeks to get Macie comfortable with Santa before Christmas- good luck...


We spent the entire day playing around, meeting Disney characters and having a BLAST.


At nightfall we got to watch another parade while eating some awesome Mickey cookies. Macie and I had an incredible day, and as we left the park Susan helped us to the car to make sure we were prepared for the long drive ahead of us-Mom was MORE than grateful for all her help!!! The drive took about 6 1/2hours and we made it back home shortly after midnight. After all the fun it was hard to get back into normal life, but I went to school the next day with many stories to tell. the family spent the weekend getting the house ready for Grandma Joanie to come visit.

She arrived early the following week and right away we took her around town to all the "hot spots.

We took Grandma Joanie to Music class at Lifetime Fitness and it was so much FUN- both Macie and I showed off all the skills we had learned.


After class Macie wanted to play "ba ket ball" so we spent some time running around the gym.



I chased the balls back and forth through the gym, but was always aware of Mom and her camera- I never miss an opportunity to stop for a photo op.

Dad had to go on a business trip for a couple of days, so Grandma, Mom, Macie, and I had some girl time together- we went to the mall, played around the house, and watched some movies. When he returned he brought both Macie and I back some super fly shoes. Mom immediately proceeded to make an outfit that matched them for me to wear to school the following day. When I woke up she had created the perfect look (she blinged out and glittered up a t-shirt for me that said rockstar).

While I was posing Macie walked up to me and said "cheese", so we posed together (she is becoming quite a ham as well).

My outfit was a hit at school, but when I got home I immediately changed into play clothes and ran around the house with Macie while Mom pulled out boxes of Christmas decorations.


The next day was Thanksgiving and Mom spent most of it cooking up a feast in the kitchen. Thanks to Grandma Joanie and Dad, Macie and I had tons of fun playing around the house.

In the afternoon we all sat down and watched Toy Story 3 (another gift Dad brought me home), and I loved it (I look upset in the picture because there were sad parts in the movie)!


After the movie the family sat down for the holiday feast, and boy was Macie excited. Mom let her forgo silverware for Macie's favorite utensil- her hands!





I tried to show off some of my eating skills as well.





When desert came, Macie continued stuffing her face with pie and didn't stop eating until Mom told her dinner was over.


We all passed out that night with full tummies, thankful for all the wonderful blessings in our lives.
The next morning the family hung around the house and had a family breakfast. While Grandma Joanie kept Macie and I company Mom and Dad got out the rest of our Christmas decorations in preparation for a fun afternoon of decorating fun!



Before noon the family got dressed and ready to go pick out a Christmas Tree! Macie was the first one down the stairs and she didn't seem too excited about our upcoming outing.

I, on the other hand, couldn't contain my excitement and bounded down the stairs ready for some fun at the tree farm.


Mom made us stop and take a picture before leaving the house to commemorate our first Christmas Tree outing in Arizona (she likes to commemorate everything).




Because it was a "family outing" Jackson got to come (Mom later regretted that decision as he whined the whole car ride thinking we were taking him to the dog park)...


Christmas Tree farms aren't very abundant in Arizona, so for the sake of time and both Mom and Dad's patience we settled on the tree farm at Home Depot. Mom may have been a little dissapointed, but odviously Maice and I didn't mind...


After seconds (yes, seconds) of scoping the lot I found our tree!!!



Unwilling to look any further, Dad called over the "tree guy" and he procceeded to package it for the short drive home. While that was taking place Mom and Dad let me pick out a tree for my room- they are sure lucky I like the little ones...




At first I struggled with it, but eventually I got it of the ground.




Inside the store we bought all sorts of lights and ornaments, and I couldn't wait to get home to get the party started! Once the trees were inside the house Macie and I opened the packages and went straight to work.



By the afternoon both trees were decorated as well as the rest of the house.




We got a lot accomplished that day, and didn't have ay problems falling asleep that night. In the morning Macie and I woke up ready for some fun. While I watched Little einsteins, Macie crawled in and out of Mom's cabinets throwing stuff on the floor as it got in her way...



After a crazy breakfast Mom, Grandma Joanie, Macie, and I went to the Pheonix Zoo.
Granmda had never been there before and was excited, but I was ecstatic because, for the first time, I got to bring my BIKE to the Zoo!!! It was awesome being able to ride around on my own!
We made our way through the Zoo, visiting different animals until we got to the giraffes. It was feeding time so we got to help!!!

After the giraffes I took Grandma Joanie on her very first Camel ride, and boy did she enjoy it!!
Macie occupied herself by chasing the loose animals around the Zoo- from birds to ducks and everything in between...
We visited the monkey exhibit for the first time and I had lots of fun shreiking at them.


Our final stop was the petting zoo and the goats were so excited they could hrdly contain themselves.

Macie was fond of this goat in particular and didn't hold back on hugs...
While Mom was busy watching Macie I took the opportunity to ride a goat- after a few moments she turned around and saw me, but before I was told to get off of him she snapped a picture...

Grandma Joanie sure had a fun time in the petting zoo.
The Zoo was closing from 4-6 so we all met Dad at a restaraunt for dinner before heading back to the Zoo for ZooLights. Dressed in our warm clothes we walked through the Zoo looking at all the great lights everywhere.

Dad bought us both light swords which we used to light the way.

Macie and I had fun play fighting...

The next morning Grandma Joanie went back home to Wisconsin. We were both sad to wake up to an empty house, but Mom tried to keep the mood light by encouraging us to play around. Macie found some shoes and entertained herself by walking through the house laughing.

We hope that Grandma Joanie had as much fun with us as we did with her! We wish she could have stayed longer because this coming December promises to be filled with fun...