Thursday, April 29, 2010

More fun with Grandma Judy

By the second week of Grandma Judy's stay we had developed a daily routine. First thing in the morning we would wake up, open the curtains, and say good morning to the world. Once Grandma had her coffee we would snuggle under her warm covers and read stories- it was my favorite time of day!!! After half a dozen stories and breakfast we would sit on my bedroom floor and put on our makeup.


Despite my extra love and attention poor Grandma's leg was still hurting after her first week in Ohio so we left her at home for some peace and quiet while we went to the Zoo with our friends Ashlyn and "boy" Riley. I was SO excited- it was my first time going to the Zoo with friends my age!!!



The weather was sunny and warm, so even Macie enjoyed the surroundings.








After stopping by my favorite animals and having a fun picnic with my friends we packed up and went home to check on Grandma. While we were gone she got some rest and was ready for an outing so we took her to the grocery store. Upon Mommy's request Grandma got a motorized cart, and I was lucky enough to call shotgun before anyone else.

We had a blast cruisin' through the grocery store but don't think the world is ready for Grandma Judy to be driving one permanently...






Back at home the family relaxed in the family room and tried to help Macie learn to feed herself. It was a frustrating experience as you will see in the video- instead of reaching out and grabbing her snacks she leans forward and bites them out of your hand. Mom doesn't know what to do next...






Macie has grown quite fond of Grandma's crutches over the past week. Every time she walks by Macie makes a grab for them-for some odd reason they absolutely fascinate her...





With Grandma's trip quickly coming to an end I decided we needed to get in as much reading as possible- good thing Grandma enjoys books because we probably read over 100 throughout the duration of her trip. On sunny days we would spend time out on the porch.










It felt good sitting outside in the warm sun and now that Macie is old enough, and able to sit on her own, she is able to join us outside for playtime.







It was a perfect time for Grandma to come visit us because Macie is developing each and every day. She is right on the verge of crawling, but seems to find less strenuous ways to move about the house. We joke that she is lazy, but maybe she is just conserving energy for other things. Her babbling is beginning to sound less and less like gibberish and starting to resemble English.



Grandma has been working on helping her talk but so far the only thing that Macie has repeated is "uh oh." It sounds pretty funny as she repeats it over and over throughout the day.





I have heard it said that you become like those around you- after hearing Macie's new laugh I don't think anyone can argue with that school of thought.

As much as Grandma didn't like being immobile I took full advantage of her predicament. We played play doh, princesses, blocks, and all sorts of fun games that I usually have to beg Mom to play.






By the end of Grandma's stay her leg was feeling much better thanks to love and attention, and I had become quite good on crutches. Check me out as I walk through the house on my own:






Before Grandma Judy had to head back to California on the airplane she mustered up enough strength to push crutch through the grass and push me on the swings.




We dropped Grandma off at the airport and they house suddenly felt empty. My playmate was gone and I was back to pestering Mom and Macie 24/7.


Aunt Hayley came home early from school the following day and sensed the tension around the house. She suggested that we all get out and go on an outing to the mall. It was lots of fun and Macie sat in the sit-n-stand for the first time in the sit n stand without an infant seat!



It seems like yesterday that Mom and Dad brought Macie home from the hospital. The family can't believe how quickly time has flown by- soon she will be chasing me around the house and calling me by name.

This coming weekend we have lots of fun things planned; we are going to "touch a truck" with my friends and then Grandpa Jerry and Cindy are coming to town!!! Check back for an update on the fun we are going to have...